Thread: Another Dynasty team

CanLeaf

Default Another Dynasty team

Just inherited this one too. 14 teams, H2H. What do you think? What are my strengths? Where do I have to improve/upgrade? Thanks

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG, W, L, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Team:
    C Jarrod Saltalamacchia (Tex - C)
    1B Albert Pujols (StL - 1B )
    2B Mark DeRosa (Cle - 2B,3B,OF)
    3B Chipper Jones (Atl - 3B )
    SS Derek Jeter (NYY - SS)
    OF Jason Bay (Bos - OF)
    OF Adam Dunn (Was - 1B,OF)
    OF Nate McLouth (Pit - OF)
    Util Brad Hawpe (Col - OF)
    BN Jeff Francoeur (Atl - OF)
    BN Willy Taveras (Cin - OF)
    BN Orlando Hudson (Ari - 2B ) NA
    BN Hank Blalock (Tex - 1B,3B )
    BN Ryan Church (NYM - OF)

SP Daisuke Matsuzaka (Bos - SP)
    SP Joba Chamberlain (NYY - SP,RP)
    SP Scott Kazmir (TB - SP)
    RP Francisco Rodríguez (NYM - RP)
    RP Brandon Morrow (Sea - SP,RP)
    RP J.J. Putz (NYM - RP)
    P Chris Young (SD - SP)
    P Phil Hughes (NYY - SP)
    P Homer Bailey (Cin - SP)
    BN Barry Zito (SF - SP)

Farm:
    Tommy Hanson SP ATL
    Brett Anderson SP OAK
    3 more to come

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Catcher and Second are rough as well as Shortstop in a year or two. 3B could become a problem soon as well with Chipper getting old. You have to hope Blalock can finally return to forum but that is no certainty.

Your pitching staff is very solid especially with those prospects included. You have good strikeout numbers with all those guys for sure.

Outfield is ok. First is obviously fine.

Taveras is great but I\'d add one more burner or add a couple 15 steal guys.

Putz for holds probably so you will need one more closer and one for set-up at least. Preferably two more closers.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Rookie

Your team is a nice blend of youth and veterans, power and speed. I think your offence is pretty much set, and can do some minor tweaks here and there.

Your glaring weakness is at pitching. You have 2 of the best WHIP killers in Dice K and Kazmir and would look to trade them immediately.

Every expert has said Dice K is an enigma. His 5 walks per game is a huge warning sign, but then you see his insane strand rate. Whether he can keep it going again this year, I\'d rather find out as an observer, and not an owner. I have him in my H2H 18 team, and have been trying to actively trade him since last year. Try and see if anyone will bite on a trade, but DO NOT undersell him. Try and get a more reliable pitcher, like Chad Billingsley.

Kazmir should be able to garner more in a trade, and would shop him around as well. His control rate is on the wrong side as evident in his 4 walks per game, and tends to give up the longball. ERA was 3.49, but had him having an XERA of 4.17. His name alone should get you decent value for him - maybe see if you can trade Kazmir for a more reliable pitcher like Lackey, Webb, and using one of your prospects like Hughes and Bailey to complete the deal.

Zito is terrible and probably can\'t get anything for him, so I\'d dump him for a good middle reliever (I\'ve been pimping Jason Motte ever since he got called up last year). If you can\'t get rid of Dice K and Kazmir, loading up on low WHIP, high K middle relievers should help bring down the numbers ever so slightly, which could be all the difference in a H2H league.

Morrow should be a solid #3 starter for your team.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Stud

I don\'t think Salty is going to get the time to catch or even bat. Makes me mad because I\'m a big fan of his and they are just wasting talent. You have a ton of OF and I hope Frank can come back to form this season. Everyone else has taken what I would say.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default catch start

be happy and love. kiss