Thread: Chris Perez/Huston Street

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Chris Perez/Huston Street

Normally I know this would be a slam dunk in Street\'s favor but im gonna ask anyway. As we all know, he has been sucking it up terribly this season. He\'s only had 6 saves since the beginning of June! His BAA is ridiculous and now he\'s been relegated to middle relief duties. However,I know Street will probably be the closer at the end of the season. But it may not even matter because he\'s doing so terrible and that team is so bad.

So my question is this:

With St.Louis\'closer situation up in the air, would it be a smart move to cut the cord on Street and pick up Perez for the remainder of the year? My other closers are Kerry Wood, Percival & Brian Wilson.(I know, too much potential for disaster. LOL.) I have been ecstatic with all of my closers so far. And all have shown that,for the most part, they can stay healthy this season. EVEN WOOD! Only one 15 day DL trip!:woohoo: Oh yea, I also have Okajima for holds. My thinking is that I pick up a potential fireball closer on a decent team as the best case scenario. Worst case scenario, he loses the closer job and then I have a really good holds guy to lessen the importance of another possible Okajima slump. Thanks for any and all help.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yo dude,
    If this is not a keeper league then 100% yes.
    If its a keeper league where you need the OLD Street. I\'d think harder on this one. That new Oakland guy with weird name seems to be the closer of the future now but nothing is in stone. You make a good enough point where you can use perez anyway things go. go for it!
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In a non-keeper, it\'s worth a shot...except for the fact that Wainright is going to be back very shortly and probably take over the closer role. The only way that changes is if Perez has a very good next 1-2 weeks where he pitches almost perfectly.

In a keeper it\'s very difficult to let Street go as he will be a closer somewhere next season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Aren\'t the cardinals also considering putting wainwright back into the rotation? Carpenter\'s injury severity is a little unclear at the moment so I thought that I read that they are being flexible on wainwrights rehab starts.

Perez may very well finish the year as the closer.