Thread: Hamilton for Holliday

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hamilton for Holliday

i made this trade a few weeks ago in my keeper league and my league is split in half on who won this trade?
    i drafted josh hamilton in the 5th round of our keeper league (13 team/7 keepers) this year and i sold high on him after an amazing first half for matt holliday..
    hammer is younger by a year, but i figure because of te drug abuse, his body has to feel about 35... and i would rather bank on a more sure thing (holliday)...

so who won this trade?
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I really feel like these guys are close at this point but obviously you get a power bat with Hamilton and a more well-rounded performer with Holliday. In the rankings, I give Holliday a significant edge because of his body of work. I too worry about Hamilton\'s health.

Tht being said, I would worry if Holliday left Colorado. If that occured, I would probably move to Hamilton at this point.

For now, I think you made the right move though, and I would have done the same. Just safer.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It all depends on where Holliday plays. Check out his splits away from Coors... They are average at best.

Away from Coors he\'s a 90-20-95-.300 player.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yep, exactly.
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Super Moderator

Like they said as long as Holliday stays at Coors, you should be good but even if he leaves I still see him doing ok. Hamilton was a big price to pay but if you\'re in contention, I think it was a good move.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I understand that Holliday absolutely kills the ball in Coors & that you gotta expect some sort of a dip if he got traded , but this guy is not a \"typical slugger\". He doesnt get all his RBI\'s off homeruns. He hits the ball hard everywhere. It just clears the fence more in Coors field. I\'d take Holliday over Hamilton because they\'re about the same age. It\'s not like Hamilton is 22 or 23. And Holliday is proven as where Hamilton isn\'t. And dont forget, Hamilton could God-for-bid have a relapse if put in a bad situation and his restraint weakens. Then what?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Look at his splits for every year since his breakout season... Home he\'s a god, road he\'s average. The numbers don\'t lie.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

As stated, his last 2 years have been his breakout years, and he\'s batted over .300 on the road! And this year it\'s still more of the same. That\'s ridiculously good man. Or did you forget that batting over.300 makes you an all-star pretty much no matter where you play? What do you think, just because he doesnt bat .350 on the road it\'s automatically a bad thing if he were to get traded? Dont you think he would get accustom to hitting in any ballpark that he gets traded to?? What if he got traded to Philly, Houston, Boston or any other team with a short fence? Dont you think he\'d be a beast there to? He\'s accustom to batting at Coors and he\'d get accustom to batting anywhere else and the numbers would follow. I\'d bet that he could bat between .310 -.320 anywhere else in a full season. Colorado helps, but this guy would hit anywhere. Finally, dont you think that he\'d go to a team as a free agent where he knows that he\'d be able to put up monster numbers? Because the money is gonna be there no matter where he goes.

Cut the guy some slack. His numbers are off the charts at home so your view of his road splits are ridiculously skewed.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

lol we are splitting hairs... gotta me happy owning either superstar. Hamilton will probably be top 10 by the end of this season with Holliday

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

J Status wrote:
    lol we are splitting hairs... gotta me happy owning either superstar. Hamilton will probably be top 10 by the end of this season with Holliday
    Yea, what the heck. Who cares? :laugh: