Thread: Dobber\'s Prospect Test

Dobber

Default Dobber\'s Prospect Test

No, Dobber is a great prospect!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i realize that this site is brand spankin new, and baseball is dobber\'s second language, and its great that dobber has expanded... but david price really should be higher on that list... former #1 overall pick is dominating the minors
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sorry about that. It was an error of mine where I had 88 instead of 98 in one of my variables on accident which significantly affected his value.

I just missed that he had slipped as a result when I posted it.

Appreciate it.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Ace

I have Price in a keeper league and love him, but I would recommend different lists for positional players and pitchers.

Pitchers are more suspsect to injury and their roles can change drastically, ie going to the bullpen.

Generally without giving it alot of thought, top end prospects .ie guys ranked in the top 10 or 20 at any given time the chances of them making it and becoming a superstar and staying there would be about 100% greater for position players.

They are probably twice as likely to have long fantasy imapcts and actually make it. Injuiries affect pitchers way too much to grade them evenly
    14 team keeper league (keep 15 plus 3 prospects)
    19 active, 8 bench, 2 prospects less than 40 NHL games. Play h2h with postions 3c, 3lw, 3rw, (3 felx forwards) 5d, 2g

C-E.Stall, Plekanac,Thorton, Turris, Little
    LW_Elias, Heatley (RW), Pacioretty
    RW-Erat
    D-Keith, Yandle, OEL, Giordano
    G- Rinne, Nabakov

(Farm) Beau Bennett, Jaden Schwartz

Follow me on Twitter @HardyintheWack

(draft in process)

Dobber

Can\'t have too many lists...especially when we\'re just starting. Way too much homework...
    For now, these are pretty good guidelines. Perhaps we\'ll expand later, those are good points HV!
    B)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah, having the separate regular hitters and pitchers gives you one perspective while the prospects gives you that combined effect some people really like. I agree with you that position players are the safer prospect to own and that is definitely why Kershaw is the only guy I have in the top five for pitchers. That is also why Mayin and McCutchen have squeezed in ahead of Price in part. He is amazing however. If he was already pitching in the MLB... he\'d probably be up a few like Kershaw.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner