Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jakub Voracek: trending up

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Jakub Voracek: trending up

I have been watching a lot of philly games over the last month or so and I must say I have been very impressed with J-Vo. I have held onto this kid for years now and have been expecting big things ever since he dominated the Q for 2 seasons after going 1st overall in the CHL Import draft in 2006 (112 GP, 56-131-187 in his only 2 seasons). He has showed flashes of his immense potential since coming into the league as a 19 year old, but the last month or so has me thinking he is on the verge of putting it all together.

He is showing a willingness to use his ideal 6'1 205 lb frame and is being very confident and patient with the puck on his stick. He has entrenched himself on the point of the top pp unit and over the last 10 games (reg season and playoffs) he has posted:

5-9-14, +3, 10 PIM, 5 PPP, 34 SOG.

I know it's a small sample size but from the viewings I've had I feel confident in saying he is poised to break through the 60 pt barrier next year and long term I think he will find himself riding shotgun with Giroux (once jagr is gone).
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Star

NOT what I wanted to hear.

I shipped him and Peter Mueller for Filppula and Zajac. Still like it, but less and less with each game I watch. I think you may be spot on
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I can't agree with you more my friend. I also believe Voracek is going to bust out of his shell soon. His confidence level has gone up so much, and thats just after 1 season in Philly. I think things are only going to get better for the young Flyer.

We also have to remember Voracek is only 22 years old.

Can you believe Columbus traded Voracek and Couturier for Carter?? HAHA..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Administrator

He's already pretty good scoring between 46 and 50 points the last 3 years. The concern is that he doesn't always bring it every night. So even though he has stretches of brilliance, I wonder how high he can really go until he produces more regularly. The difference between a 50-point guy and a 70-point guy is usually consistency, not talent.

I do like the supporting cast around him though, especially the strength down the middle.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

He has brought a great effort on the ice in every game I watched him play this season, and I believe he had a spot on PP1 all season (or close to), showing that the coaching staff has faith in his abilities. I am rooting for him, and not just because he is on the Flyers. He has shown a great skill set and effort to have me to believe that his production is on the rise.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Voracek has been playing great lately, and I'm sure being given the responsibility of playing D on the PP raises his confidence, my only concern is his patented "cut across the high slot" move. He has his head down and I think it's just a matter of time before he gets Yakupov-ed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXkI9lwjiOg

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but if I had to guess the next Flyer that will get concussed it would be him.
    12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Turris, Bozak
    LW: Ryan, Parise, Hartnell, Ladd
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Wheeler, Semin
    D: Phaneuf, Boyle, J. Johnson, Suter, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Lehtonen, Scrivens, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Pro

Hopefully he learned his lesson after he got Kronwall'd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwjl_...1&feature=fvwp

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Stud

For points only do you guys like him or Jvr more?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Icon

It really emphasizes how bad developers teams like the BJs and yotes(Turris) are.

Really stunt their kids growth

Now if only Mike Boedker could get out of there. kid shows real flashes!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I truely believe he takes a bump up to the 60 pt zone in development for Voracek next year. He has really proven that he can be more of a complete player for the Flyers. His play away from the puck has been great and has shown a ton of maturity this year.

If Jagr doesn't sign? the flood gates could open for him along side Giroux. 70-80 pts if he cements himself on line #1 and PP1

Dobber Sports Apprentice

original post from NATE...."Jacob Voracek is becoming very fantasy relevant lately and I have a feeling that it's going to carry over into next season.

For a while now we've all seen his potential, but only now is it starting to come to the forefront. I'm watching game 6 right now vs the Pens and he looks dynamite.

Go back to March 26th of the regular season vs Tampa and you'll see his point production begin to pick up. He's been a point per game guy over the last 13 games, and has been playing with a stellar cast of line-mates and some shockingly mature rookies in Couturier and Read. But most of all, he's been playing with Claude Giroux.

If you've read any of my posts before than you'll know I'm a huge Giroux fan. I saw his emergence a number of years ago and snapped him up in all of my keeper leagues.

Game 6 vs the Penguins. Voracek is looking more and more like Giroux. He's passing like him, he's skating like him, his hair even looks the same. Now if only he could finish like him.

Now obviously he's still a different player, but when I see him with the confidence he has right now I see a lot of similarities.

Lately I've been very high on Jamie Benn, and I'm going to have to add Voracek to that list. I can see him hitting 65+ points next year and easily putting up career numbers.

Finally, I don't think that this is going to be like JVR last year, as I feel that Voracek is mature enough and conditioned enough to be able to sustain his play into next season"

Dobber Sports Recruit

Dobber Sports Ace

This is also a contract year for him, which doesn't hurt his motivation. Now if they could just sack Jagr, and let this kid ride shotgun with Giroux.

The Great One

a bit of a hi-jack here, but would you keep him or someone else in my list (points-only)? Actually, pick any two of the following.

J. Pavelski
    J. Pominville
    J. Carter
    J. Voracek
    D. Stepan
    K. Turris
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    a bit of a hi-jack here, but would you keep him or someone else in my list (points-only)? Actually, pick any two of the following.

J. Pavelski
    J. Pominville
    J. Carter
    J. Voracek
    D. Stepan
    K. Turris
    Pavelski and Carter for me.