Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Will Mike Green bounce back next year?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Will Mike Green bounce back next year?

Or is this what he has become? I know he had several injuries this year,but what is the consensus on the boards. I was just offered his today for an aging and skill eroding forward Thanks
    2010 and 2014 IceHoles League champion
    16 Team Dynasty League,H2H Scoring 1.5 PTS g,1 PT assist,PPG + 1 additional,SHG +1.5 Additional,.1 pts per PIM wins 4 pts shutout 3 pts ga -1 sv .08
    C Backes,Bonino,Lee ,Nelson,Tierney
    LW Cammalerri,Benn,Kunitz,Zetterberg
    RW Kessel,Hossa,Pominville,Saad
    D Barrie,OEL,McDonagh,Josi,Chara
    G Luongo,Rinne,Allen
    Minors Buchnivich,Kempe,H.Samuelsson,Kapanen,Lindell,Were nski,Sproul,M.Jones,S.Williams,Gillies,Darling

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Great guy to take a chance on for the right price. He's one of the most offensively gifted dmen in the NHL and I would predict 50+ next year if healthy.

I don't think he'll return to 75+ as the Caps just are not the same team anymore and likely never will be. He should be a top offensive dman though and is still quite young. Get him!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by iglooinhabitant View Post
    Great guy to take a chance on for the right price. He's one of the most offensively gifted dmen in the NHL and I would predict 50+ next year if healthy.

I don't think he'll return to 75+ as the Caps just are not the same team anymore and likely never will be. He should be a top offensive dman though and is still quite young. Get him!
    I think that's good advice, except I'd say around 45 pts instead of 50. Buying really low on him has to be considerable at this point.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by WingNutUpNorth View Post
    Or is this what he has become? I know he had several injuries this year,but what is the consensus on the boards. I was just offered his today for an aging and skill eroding forward Thanks
    yeah, curious who is this aging and skill eroding forward you speak of?
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Veteran

Spezza and Gaborik came back strong this season, so why not Green next year. He's pretty talented, and I don't think he lost it all.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    Spezza and Gaborik came back strong this season, so why not Green next year. He's pretty talented, and I don't think he lost it all.
    spezza put up .92 ppg last season so its not like he was terrible

and gaborik had one off season

this was greens second garbage season now he went down by half last season and by half again this season

not saying he cant come back but comparing him to those two imo just doesnt work

taking a chance on green is extremely situational as far as i am concerned

there is no way i would draft him counting on him as a 45 point player for next season

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by iglooinhabitant View Post

The year that the Caps exploded they had about 3.8 goals per game. This year, the Sens had about 2.9 goals per game. Karlsson scored a ridiculous amount of points. Green does not need the Caps to go back to 3.8 g/g level to return to the 65 point range. He just needs to stay healthy and I think that if he does that, he adds 0.5% to their goals/game percentage that was 2.66 this year.

A healthy Backstrom and Green and a less sulky AO = a minimum of 3 goals per game. I think that is realistic for this team and Green will be the beneficiary of many, many points as a result.

I'm marking down 60+ points for Green next year.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    The year that the Caps exploded they had about 3.8 goals per game. This year, the Sens had about 2.9 goals per game. Karlsson scored a ridiculous amount of points. Green does not need the Caps to go back to 3.8 g/g level to return to the 65 point range. He just needs to stay healthy and I think that if he does that, he adds 0.5% to their goals/game percentage that was 2.66 this year.

A healthy Backstrom and Green and a less sulky AO = a minimum of 3 goals per game. I think that is realistic for this team and Green will be the beneficiary of many, many points as a result.

I'm marking down 60+ points for Green next year.
    im sorry crosby malkin and staal missed significant time last year and letang managed 50 points

this year crosby missed significant time and staal missed some time as well plus letang was injured and letang jumped his ppg by .2

other players in the league manage to get it done under similar conditions to him without any excuses

im sorry the boat has sailed on banking on anything from this guy as far as i am concerned

i hope he does get it back and that i can redraft him really late in my league and benefit from it but i sure as hell wouldnt count on it

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Master

I am. I am counting on a minimum of 50 points, but I think it will actually end up being more than 60. The condition is a Green being healthy.

Not sure why you are comparing to Letang. Green has been hurt the last two years in a row. That is why his numbers have been shitty. A healthy Green next year will be fantasy gold.

Also, let me say this. Green was not a product of the offensive environment in WSH. He was a major component of it.

You speak of Malkin and that is a fairly good comparison. He had two down years in which he underwhelmed a lot of people. Hell, he wasn't even a point per game player last year. His PPG ratio went down two years in a row. What happened this year? He kicked major ass. lucifer316, were you one of the guys that gave up on Malkin? I am one that believes that players dont unlearn skill. (Cheechoo aside.... dont get me started on him...) Elite players are elite players. Not a lot of guys that put up truly elite numbers, just forget how to do so.

AO and Green are elite players who have the skill to completely dominate the game offensively. They just need to have the shackles taken off a bit by the coaching staff and find that groove again. My opinion is that they will.
    Last edited by Atomic Wedgy; April 9, 2012 at 4:03 AM.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by pretsel27 View Post
    yeah, curious who is this aging and skill eroding forward you speak of?
    Its Heatley
    2010 and 2014 IceHoles League champion
    16 Team Dynasty League,H2H Scoring 1.5 PTS g,1 PT assist,PPG + 1 additional,SHG +1.5 Additional,.1 pts per PIM wins 4 pts shutout 3 pts ga -1 sv .08
    C Backes,Bonino,Lee ,Nelson,Tierney
    LW Cammalerri,Benn,Kunitz,Zetterberg
    RW Kessel,Hossa,Pominville,Saad
    D Barrie,OEL,McDonagh,Josi,Chara
    G Luongo,Rinne,Allen
    Minors Buchnivich,Kempe,H.Samuelsson,Kapanen,Lindell,Were nski,Sproul,M.Jones,S.Williams,Gillies,Darling

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by WingNutUpNorth View Post
    Its Heatley
    Good buy on Green for you
    He moves up quickly on your defensive depth
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Padawan

Green over Heatley without thinking twice. I really like atomic's quote - something along the lines of "elite players do not unlearn their skills". Absolutely. Green has held the top fantasy Dman crown in a number of previous years. Although he may not have it now (or possibly ever again) you can't give up on talent like that after a few rough seasons. Odds are he puts up, at minimum, good fantasy numbers again.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

He still looks good out there but there need to be some changes on that roster. Wideman has to to leave and Green has to be on the top PP. He needs to adjust his total conservative style he's adopted to please the coaches. I'd almost prefer him on another team.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    I am. I am counting on a minimum of 50 points, but I think it will actually end up being more than 60. The condition is a Green being healthy.

Not sure why you are comparing to Letang. Green has been hurt the last two years in a row. That is why his numbers have been shitty. A healthy Green next year will be fantasy gold.
    letang missed 31 games this season and his ppg this season was .21 higher than last season green missed 33 games the season before this one and his ppg was half of what it was the season prior or a .52 ppg drop

i compared them because they both missed similar portions of a season and had completely different outcomes and you were blaming injury

i compared them because letang was missing some of his key offensive players at various times over the last two seasons and managed to improve his numbers while you were giving green the excuse of an injured backstrom and an uncaring ovechkin

the reason i brought up letang is because i think your excuses are bunk other players go through similar things and dont drop off and letang is one of them

great players find ways to be great look at crosbys ppg average the last two seasons if you dont believe me

green hasnt found a way to be great during similar adversities to other players and to me that calls into question him being an elite player

he might get back there there is no question but to act like 50+ is a guarantee when you have nothing about his play for two seasons to back that up now seems pretty far fetched

You speak of Malkin and that is a fairly good comparison. He had two down years in which he underwhelmed a lot of people. Hell, he wasn't even a point per game player last year. His PPG ratio went down two years in a row. What happened this year? He kicked major ass. lucifer316, were you one of the guys that gave up on Malkin? I am one that believes that players dont unlearn skill. (Cheechoo aside.... dont get me started on him...) Elite players are elite players. Not a lot of guys that put up truly elite numbers, just forget how to do so.
    i speak of malkin missing time last season along with crosby and staal and how letang still managed to improve his numbers from the prior season and yet green is being given the excuse of an injured backstrom

i never had malkin on a team to give up on if i had him i would have traded him for the right price of course he has problems with injuries to his wheels he may never get injured again or he could become pavel bure if i could get the right deal without having to be the one to worry about that i most certainly would

its no different than everyone souring on crosby now

AO and Green are elite players who have the skill to completely dominate the game offensively. They just need to have the shackles taken off a bit by the coaching staff and find that groove again. My opinion is that they will.
    ovechkin still put up over a point per game last season while green dropped a half a point

and while ovechkin certainly dropped more this season green dropped yet again

ovechkin has rattled off 11 points in his last 10 games while green has 1 point in 22 games since his injury

so how is it that the coach took the shackles off of one and not the other

wideman managed 46 points good enough to tie for 3rd on that team this season how is green being shackled where wideman wasnt

again i am not saying green cant get back there i just dont see how anyone can come in here and draft him as if he is a guaranteed 50+ point player

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw20 View Post
    Green over Heatley without thinking twice. I really like atomic's quote - something along the lines of "elite players do not unlearn their skills". Absolutely. Green has held the top fantasy Dman crown in a number of previous years. Although he may not have it now (or possibly ever again) you can't give up on talent like that after a few rough seasons. Odds are he puts up, at minimum, good fantasy numbers again.
    green has held that crown for 2 out of his 6 nhl seasons not sure i would call two a number of years personally but to each his own

as for elite players not unlearn their skills who says this guy is an elite player two seasons does not an elite player make

i would love someone to name the last 10 elite players under the age of 34 who saw their ppg production drop by 3/4s over the course of 2 seasons

as for giving up on him depending on the situation you most certainly can give up on him

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max