Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I'm in a huge pickle... REP for good answers

Dobber Sports Expert

Here are some rough numbers... for my Roto 2-goalie league I'm at 4015 svs out of 4384 SA for a .916 SP...

In order for me to gain 0.01 SP, because of the large number of SA, I need to go 58/60... 57/60 and I stay at .916, so there's very little room for error. If I go 54/60, I actually drop to .915... so there's no where to go but down...

So this point of the season it's very very hard to drop a 0.01, but not hard to gain a 0.01.

I'd bench and draw for first, because unless you get shut out or maybe a 1-goal game, you won't drop. But he lets in 3 or more, you're done... not worth it.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Gotlaid View Post
    Here are some rough numbers... for my Roto 2-goalie league I'm at 4015 svs out of 4384 SA for a .916 SP...

In order for me to gain 0.01 SP, because of the large number of SA, I need to go 58/60... 57/60 and I stay at .916, so there's very little room for error. If I go 54/60, I actually drop to .915... so there's no where to go but down...

So this point of the season it's very very hard to drop a 0.01, but not hard to gain a 0.01.

I'd bench and draw for first, because unless you get shut out or maybe a 1-goal game, you won't drop. But he lets in 3 or more, you're done... not worth it.
    How come your "team log" reveals the saves total and mine doesn't? (see attached above)... I guess it's cause saves aren't a scoring category for us... god I'd kill for that info right now!!!

Without the data, the only info I can point to is the fact that AFTER letting in 5 goals the other night, I MOVED DOWN from .925 to .924... so if I'm making an educated guess, I'd guess i'm close to getting back to 0.925... of course it all depends on whether I was closer to 0.9254 to begin with, or 0.9246...(not sure if Yahoo even rounds up)
    Last edited by blayze; April 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

If Smith has a shutout, or is still pitching a shutout by the time the Kings game starts then I'll have no choice but to start Quick and pray for a .950+ game

COMMON WILD SCORE A FREAKING GOAL!!!
    Last edited by blayze; April 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM.

Dobber Sports Expert

Based on my calculations you're somewhere between 4108 (.9235) - 4111 (.9244) depending on which end you are with your 4447 svs.

If you're at 4108, you need Quick to go 27/30 in order to maintain .924... If you're looking to increase to .925, you need to get to .9245. Which can't actually mathematically happen with a 30 save shut out. You actually need something like a 35-save shut out in order for that to happen...

If you're at 4111, you need to go 24/30 in order to maintain .924... If you're looking to increase to .925, you need to get to .9245, which you need to go 28/30.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Based on my calculations you're somewhere between 4108 (.9235) - 4111 (.9244) depending on which end you are with your 4447 svs.

If you're at 4108, you need Quick to go 27/30 in order to maintain .924... If you're looking to increase to .925, you need to get to .9245. Which can't actually mathematically happen with a 30 save shut out. You actually need something like a 35-save shut out in order for that to happen...

If you're at 4111, you need to go 24/30 in order to maintain .924... If you're looking to increase to .925, you need to get to .9245, which you need to go 28/30.
    Thanks dude, that's super helpful.

It sounds like if I start Quick... the odds aren't in my favour lol

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    How come your "team log" reveals the saves total and mine doesn't? (see attached above)... I guess it's cause saves aren't a scoring category for us... god I'd kill for that info right now!!!

Without the data, the only info I can point to is the fact that AFTER letting in 5 goals the other night, I MOVED DOWN from .925 to .924... so if I'm making an educated guess, I'd guess i'm close to getting back to 0.925... of course it all depends on whether I was closer to 0.9254 to begin with, or 0.9246...(not sure if Yahoo even rounds up)
    It depends on whether or not your league actually counts it, my guess is that's not a category so it's not displayed... but you're lucky you have me, and I did the maths for you...

Dobber Sports Expert

Now if you're somewhere in between which I suspect...

If you're at 4109, you need Quick to go 26/30 in order to maintain .924... If you're looking to increase to .925, you need to get to .9245. Which you need a full 30-save shut out...

If you're at 4110, you need to go 25/30 in order to maintain .924... If you're looking to increase to .925, you need to get to .9245, which you need to go 29/30...

Dobber Sports Ninja

It depends on whether or not your league actually counts it, my guess is that's not a category so it's not displayed... but you're lucky you have me, and I did the maths for you...
    I'm going to assume your math is correct (I'm leaving my entire season in the hands of your math... no pressure LOL).

The decision at this point is binary... if Smith pitches a shutout, I have to start Quick, otherwise I'm benching him and enjoying the tie for first (assuming there's no tie breaker in Yahoo ROTO).

Thanks Ryan - I'm glad you were around tonight.

Dobber Sports Expert

So basically, out of the 4 scenarios, you need a shut out or at worst a 2-goal effort in order to increase your SP 0.01... which isn't worth risking...

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm going to assume your math is correct (I'm leaving my entire season in the hands of your math... no pressure LOL).

The decision at this point is binary... if Smith pitches a shutout, I have to start Quick, otherwise I'm benching him and enjoying the tie for first (assuming there's no tie breaker in Yahoo ROTO).

Thanks Ryan - I'm glad you were around tonight.
    There's no tie breaker in ROTO it's dual first place.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Minnesota scores!!!! **** yeah!!!!

Thank god this isn't one of my big cash pools... otherwise I'd have popped an artery by now...

Dobber Sports Expert

there goes the shut out... Hockey Gods are smiling...

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just did a hockey dance (ie: jumping around like an idiot yelling at the top of my lungs) in the hockey gods' honour...

I've been involved in a TON of pools in my day... but I don't think I've EVER been in a ROTO pool (or any pool for that matter) as intense as this one... the last few days have been a roller coaster LOL

You are the MAN Ryan!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not to sound like a greedy bastard... but I actually can win this pool outright (even with Quick benched) if Brown, Edler or E. Staal score a Power Play Point tonight. Since you seem to have a spiritual connection with the hockey gods... if you could just pass that message on to them it would be much appreciated
    Last edited by blayze; April 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'll give you an Brown and Edler PPP, as long as my Sharks goes bonkers! I need JT, Marleau, Clowe, Pavelski or Burns to help me win my H2H league...