Thread: Need A Hosting Site For Playoff Draft

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Need A Hosting Site For Playoff Draft

Ok, so I work for a WHL team and we are looking to run an NHL playoff pool through our own website with us giving away prizes. People will sign up on our site before being directed to a site to enter their own teams.

What I am after is a FREE place to host the pool. I am also looking for a site that will allow participants to enter their own teams and also track the stats for us. I don't want to have to enter 300 or more teams and then tabulate them weekly.

Also, what would be the best format for something like this in regards to players involved etc? Should it just be a pick your top 10 playoff scorers for the NHL playoffs? The participant who ends up with the most points wins the grand prize?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Master

pickuphockey.com is a really good free stat service provider for simple fishbowl type pools with unlimted entries and modest scoring formula.

however , as far as I know , there isnt a mechanism to allow contestants to enter their own lineups.

check out their website / clik contact info and ask them what they could do for you .

Dobber Sports Demi-God

What is the name of the site that Dobber has used in the past to run playoff pools? Can't remember but it seemed simple enough and effective. It was updated daily.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

bump! keep the info coming please.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    What is the name of the site that Dobber has used in the past to run playoff pools? Can't remember but it seemed simple enough and effective. It was updated daily.
    Is it hockeyknight.com?
    I have been looking for a free site tonight as well.....I haven't figured out if it is yet. I will only haveten teams.....gonna try it.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner