View Poll Results: Malkin or Stamkos?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Evgeni Malkin

124 74.25%
  • Steven Stamkos

43 25.75%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [Cage Match Tournament] The Finals Baby!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    We know where Angus stands on this! We need the big guns to chime in on this one!

Here is Angus a year ago:
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...gus&Itemid=102
    2. Evgeni Malkin

Fool me once, shame on you. I drafted Malkin ahead of any other player outside of Crosby and Ovechkin in my one year pool last year. His ability to fill a variety of categories was too enticing to pass up, and I didn’t think Steven Stamkos would be morphing into Brett Hull 2.0 just yet. Fool me twice, shame on me. Call me stubborn, but I’d still take Malkin over Stamkos in both one-year and keeper league formats. His knee injury was serious, but doctors are so good nowadays that I have little concern for any long-term ramifications.

When at the top of his game, he is arguably a better player than Crosby and Ovechkin. Malkin skates like Sergei Fedorov, and he handles the puck like Jean Beliveau. He’s not gritty or overly physical, but like his countryman Pavel Bure, he’ll fight back if provoked. He’s had at least 78 PIM in each of his full NHL seasons. With the upside number below, it assumes a “perfect storm” of a season. I’m not sure if the NHL is fit for a 130 or 140-point player any more, but Malkin and Crosby are the only two that have that potential – however small it is.

One year upside: 45-70-115, 100 PIM
    Three year upside: 50-80-140, 100 PIM

3. Steven Stamkos

The most impressive showing from Stamkos in 2010-11 wasn’t his 45 goals, nor his second-straight 82 games played. It wasn’t his 74 PIM, almost exactly double his previous career high. The fresh-faced Jeff Spicoli lookalike surprised the hockey world with his lumberjack beard. In recent years, several young players have dazzled with their postseason play, while their wispy beards have left much to be desired (Crosby and Jonathan Toews, I’m looking at you two). More seriously, Stamkos further cemented his spot as one of the most dangerous scorers in the league with another stellar season.

He has the best one-timer in the league. He plays with terrific linemates. He has improved each season (although his goal total dropped by six, he was on pace for about 80 until a midseason slump got in the way). He relies on Martin St. Louis for a lot of his production, but who cares? A goal is a goal – great players work well with other great players because they can operate and succeed at such a high level offensively. His plus-minus rating is nothing to write home about, but he more than makes up for it with his offensive numbers. He was 14th in the league with 272 shots on goal, 25 less than he fired on net in 2009-10. He needs to be closer to 300 or above.

One year upside: 55-50-105, 80 PIM
    Three year upside: 60-55-115, 80 PIM
    And my opinion remains the same.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    no no no, this is complete sarcasm, there was a guy on here (MT319) that thought he was God's gift to hockey analysis and well, I was basically quoting him.

I think Malkin is great and a great goal scorer for that matter. If anyone was a assist heavy player during his prime, it was Thornton.
    Phew. Good to hear lol. 47 goals out of his 100 points now, I wasn't sure how much more you wanted.
    10 Teams, Keep 15

H2H Categories: G, A, PPP, Hits, Blks, SOG -- W, GAA, SV%, SVs

3C - MacKinnon, Barkov, Vilardi (RW), Bennett, W Johnston
    3LW - Fiala, Jenner, Byfield, Raymond
    3RW - Miller, Jarvis, Kyrou, Debrusk
    5D - Fox, Q Hughes, Matheson, Letang
    2F

2G (max 4) - Vasilevskiy, Woll, Samsonov

8 Farm - L Hughes, M Knies, M Michkov, Z Benson, F Nazar, M Savoie, Annunen (G)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

When dobber calls me out, I must be wrong lol.. But I still would pick Stamkos over malkin, they used to tell gretz he couldnt score he got 92 the next year.. wonder if they stamkos cant pass and he gets 75 assists to his 60 goals not comparing him to gretz but maybe we havent seen the best of stamkos!! but yea malkin does have more upside but i still love stamkos!
    Kansas City Scouts
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 68Cap Use Cap Hit
    F- Hall PKane Gaudreu Lindholm Toffoli Tatar DSedin HSedin Monahan Nash Couture Schfiele Burakovsky Kucherov
    D-Shultz Gelinas Savard BSmith
    G-Price Rinne
    FARM- Barkov Prince RMurphy

New York Raiders
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 64.3Cap Use Yearly Salary
    F-Backstrom Hall Stamkos Stastny Eller Zetterberg Galchenyuk holland Raymond Griffith Zibinajead Barkov Kuznetsov Sheahan Schfiele
    D-Shultz Faulk Franson Hunwick
    G-Price
    FARM- Marcantouni Dansk Grigerenko Morrisey

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by prins View Post
    When dobber calls me out, I must be wrong lol.. But I still would pick Stamkos over malkin, they used to tell gretz he couldnt score he got 92 the next year.. wonder if they stamkos cant pass and he gets 75 assists to his 60 goals not comparing him to gretz but maybe we havent seen the best of stamkos!! but yea malkin does have more upside but i still love stamkos!
    Could very well mean you're right given his track record.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    If all you can see from this tournament is the end result then you are definitely missing the point.
    Ahhhh...great quote. Thanks, MD
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow. Malkin dominance. I wonder if Sid would have beaten Stammer....

F-er just scored too!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Good. Good Brent Johnson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Holy shit when did Malkin get to 100 points?....

Jesus. I guess I'll forever be wondering what it's like to own this guy in a fantasy league

I'm voting for Stamkos out of spite.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Ahhhh...great quote. Thanks, MD
    "The journey is more important than the destination"

BAM - how's that for great quotes? Much better than MD's weak quote IMO

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    "The journey is more important than the destination"

BAM - how's that for great quotes? Much better than MD's weak quote IMO
    Oh yeah?!? Well, dig this Li'l bit of existentialism from my man Confucius:

Chinese man who go through turnstile sideways bang cock.

Hmmmmmm....wonder if that will be edited?
    @SmittysRant