View Poll Results: Malkin or Stamkos?

Voters
167. This poll is closed
  • Evgeni Malkin

124 74.25%
  • Steven Stamkos

43 25.75%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Cage Match Tournament] The Finals Baby!

Administrator

Default [Cage Match Tournament] The Finals Baby!

Oh my freaking lord, it's the Finals! Call Don Cherry! Call Stephen Harper! Call your mother! Then pour yourself a drink, sit back and watch the fireworks.

Make sure you read the article on the front page to see the full bracket and get caught up on the action but for now cast your votes and comment away, we want to hear what you have to say!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm officially the first Stamkos vote. BOOYAH

Before this gets out of hand... I'd also like to remind everyone that Stamkos is 4 years younger than Malkin and more importantly, is not playing on a wooden leg.

He's also got much better hair.
    Last edited by blayze; March 28, 2012 at 12:23 AM.

Administrator

I am seriously so psyched up about this. I'm normally fairly subdued but I can't contain it, this is going to be awesome. This is seriously the greatest rivalry in the history of DobberHockey.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I went with Stamkos as well.. Just so much upside!! and love pure goal scorer's and being canadian helps as well
    Kansas City Scouts
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 68Cap Use Cap Hit
    F- Hall PKane Gaudreu Lindholm Toffoli Tatar DSedin HSedin Monahan Nash Couture Schfiele Burakovsky Kucherov
    D-Shultz Gelinas Savard BSmith
    G-Price Rinne
    FARM- Barkov Prince RMurphy

New York Raiders
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 64.3Cap Use Yearly Salary
    F-Backstrom Hall Stamkos Stastny Eller Zetterberg Galchenyuk holland Raymond Griffith Zibinajead Barkov Kuznetsov Sheahan Schfiele
    D-Shultz Faulk Franson Hunwick
    G-Price
    FARM- Marcantouni Dansk Grigerenko Morrisey

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I am seriously so psyched up about this. I'm normally fairly subdued but I can't contain it, this is going to be awesome. This is seriously the greatest rivalry in the history of DobberHockey.
    Considering this thread only has 1 view (me) and the voting is tied at 1:1 - I am going to deduce that you voted Malkin... didn't you!?!? DIDN'T YOU!?!?!

Don't even try to deny it you jerkoff!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Considering this thread only has 1 view (me) and the voting is tied at 1:1 I am going to deduce that you voted Malkin... didn't you!?!? DIDN'T YOU!?!?!

Don't even try to deny it you jerkoff!
    HAHAHA, I can honestly say I haven't voted yet. I like to leave the vote to itself for awhile so that my vote isn't one of the first and thus possibly influencing future voters. Stupid maybe but I am attempting to retain some impartiality.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by prins View Post
    I went with Stamkos as well.. Just so much upside!! and love pure goal scorer's and being canadian helps as well
    I'm giving you rep in a shameless attempt to elicit more votes for my boy Stammer

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm giving you rep in a shady attempt to lure more votes for my boy Stammer
    So it's gonna be one of those votes! In which case, call Stephen Harper indeed. He can give you some tips.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    So it's gonna be one of those votes! In which case, call Stephen Harper indeed. He can give you some tips.
    We all know this forum is ridiculously Pro-Malkin so I'm just trying to salvage what votes I can before the tidal wave of Malkinator fanboys arrive to skew all rationality and objectivity.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

haha and i did the same for you! staMKOS BABY|!
    Kansas City Scouts
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 68Cap Use Cap Hit
    F- Hall PKane Gaudreu Lindholm Toffoli Tatar DSedin HSedin Monahan Nash Couture Schfiele Burakovsky Kucherov
    D-Shultz Gelinas Savard BSmith
    G-Price Rinne
    FARM- Barkov Prince RMurphy

New York Raiders
    14 Team Dynasty Points Only 64.3Cap Use Yearly Salary
    F-Backstrom Hall Stamkos Stastny Eller Zetterberg Galchenyuk holland Raymond Griffith Zibinajead Barkov Kuznetsov Sheahan Schfiele
    D-Shultz Faulk Franson Hunwick
    G-Price
    FARM- Marcantouni Dansk Grigerenko Morrisey

Dobber Sports Immortal

By a very similar reasoning that I used in the Crosby/Ovechkin and Crosby/Malkin polls, my vote goes to Steven Stamkos......aka my 4th overall pick in the UHL.

Banned

I pick Crosby

Dobber Sports Ace

We know where Angus stands on this! We need the big guns to chime in on this one!

Here is Angus a year ago:
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...gus&Itemid=102
    2. Evgeni Malkin

Fool me once, shame on you. I drafted Malkin ahead of any other player outside of Crosby and Ovechkin in my one year pool last year. His ability to fill a variety of categories was too enticing to pass up, and I didn’t think Steven Stamkos would be morphing into Brett Hull 2.0 just yet. Fool me twice, shame on me. Call me stubborn, but I’d still take Malkin over Stamkos in both one-year and keeper league formats. His knee injury was serious, but doctors are so good nowadays that I have little concern for any long-term ramifications.

When at the top of his game, he is arguably a better player than Crosby and Ovechkin. Malkin skates like Sergei Fedorov, and he handles the puck like Jean Beliveau. He’s not gritty or overly physical, but like his countryman Pavel Bure, he’ll fight back if provoked. He’s had at least 78 PIM in each of his full NHL seasons. With the upside number below, it assumes a “perfect storm” of a season. I’m not sure if the NHL is fit for a 130 or 140-point player any more, but Malkin and Crosby are the only two that have that potential – however small it is.

One year upside: 45-70-115, 100 PIM
    Three year upside: 50-80-140, 100 PIM

3. Steven Stamkos

The most impressive showing from Stamkos in 2010-11 wasn’t his 45 goals, nor his second-straight 82 games played. It wasn’t his 74 PIM, almost exactly double his previous career high. The fresh-faced Jeff Spicoli lookalike surprised the hockey world with his lumberjack beard. In recent years, several young players have dazzled with their postseason play, while their wispy beards have left much to be desired (Crosby and Jonathan Toews, I’m looking at you two). More seriously, Stamkos further cemented his spot as one of the most dangerous scorers in the league with another stellar season.

He has the best one-timer in the league. He plays with terrific linemates. He has improved each season (although his goal total dropped by six, he was on pace for about 80 until a midseason slump got in the way). He relies on Martin St. Louis for a lot of his production, but who cares? A goal is a goal – great players work well with other great players because they can operate and succeed at such a high level offensively. His plus-minus rating is nothing to write home about, but he more than makes up for it with his offensive numbers. He was 14th in the league with 272 shots on goal, 25 less than he fired on net in 2009-10. He needs to be closer to 300 or above.

One year upside: 55-50-105, 80 PIM
    Three year upside: 60-55-115, 80 PIM
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Guru

Stamkos ain't gotting nothing on either Malkin or Crosby. That was the true Finals. This should go by a landslide to Geno.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by prins View Post

Not nearly as much upside as Geno my friend. Not even within 20 points of Malkin's upside. If you vote Stamkos it's because he is a Top 5 player, and the only one in the Top 5 with reliable health. Something to be said about that.

And when we're talking about "four years younger" and both players are in their early 20s, it's not an influential point. ...also Stamkos' hair is terrible LOL
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi