Thread: Martin Marincin update wanted?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Martin Marincin update wanted?

Can anyone feed info on this guy? I know what what id Dobber's prospect guide last summer but what is the latest news, if there is any, on him? He is worth holding a rookie spot over the summer? (3 spots available)

I have to say most good D prospects in my league are already owned.

Dobber Sports Stud

40 pts in 58 games with Prince George Cougars and Regina Pats. He was traded 30 games in.

He has only been in North America a little over 1 1/2 years.

From the Leader-Post-

The product of Kosice, Slovakia brought his scoring touch with him to Regina. Armed with his big shot from the point — Marincin won the team’s hardest shot contest last month with a 101-mph slapshot — Marincin has 18 points in 21 games with the Pats, including five goals. In 30 games with the Cougars this season, he recorded 17 points.

“He’s a very smart and he has adapted very well,” Conacher said. “Now that he is acclimated, which takes time, he’s playing really well and has blended in like we expected he would.”

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...#ixzz1q4Fcdn4e

I'd keep him if I could.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Ace

The kid has been progressing in all areas of the game. IMO he still looks 2-3 years away from making the jump. It will be interesting to see what happens then. The Oilers should have a lot of kids battling for a top 6 spot in that period with Musil, Klefbom, Marincin and then other long shots who have had glimpses of promise with Gernat, Davidson and Blain. My gut feeling is this kid should get a top 4 spot. I think it will be a battle between him and Gernat and Marincin in last years camp and overall this year looks to have the better 2 way game. To me him and Klefbom would make a wicked second pairing that can move the puck to the forwards. Something were desperately missing right now.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP