Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pascal Leclaire is Overrated.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Pascal Leclaire is Overrated.

You could probably throw in Minnesota goalies into this category as well.

Manny Fernandez during and after is a perfect example.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

yah minny goalies definitely are helped out by the defensive system.. I had fernandez last year and was pretty good until he got hurt. Now injured or not I wouldn\'t touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Dobber Sports Novice

Playing a defensive system (the CBJ, under Hitchcock) and playing it well are two different things. The CBJ are playing team D at a level leaps and bounds over what they played in the past, but that doesn\'t make them an upper-level team, just yet. This will be the first off-season where Hitchcock and Howson can really work together on bringing in teh FAs that Hitchcok sees as fitting his system. In short, I think the CBJ team D will improve greatly over the next couple of years, as Hitch and Howson fine-tune the roster.

Leclaire may be back-stopping a team that plays a defensively-minded game. That doesn\'t mean that they play it well, just yet ...

Dobber Sports Padawan

The only thing that will prevent LeClaire from being a top 5-10 goalie in this league is his health. I am curious who people would rather have Ward, Fleury, or LeClaire. I have LeClaire in one of my leagues and I don\'t think I would want to trade him for those 2. Don\'t believe Ward will be a top-notch goalie. Fleury is also a question mark. Just curious which of these young goalies people prefer. I know that Dobber has Ward much higher than the other 2 but I just don\'t see it completely. Especially with the way Carolina plays D. :-)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hitchcock has always been a good source of Fantasy goalie points:

Belfour
    Turek
    Fernandez
    Turco
    Cechmanek
    Leclaire

Have all put up fantastic numbers for Hitchcock\'s teams.

I think \"HGS\" (Hitchcock Goalie Syndrome)has even fulled a couple of NHL GMs along the way!

Heck, Hitchcock was even able to ride Robert Esche to the confrence finals one year! :laugh:
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Another shuout last night. Anybody who still thinks he\'s not Vezina worthy is just hating right now.

I...am your father.

The Blue Jackets got the shutout. Leclaire just happened to be in net. Vezina? Hilarious.
    You guys are right though - Hitchcock makes gems and Leclaire could see Top 5 numbers as long as he is the No.1 guy. Is he a Top 5 talent? No. Barely Top 15. That\'s why he is overrated.

I\'m sure he is a very nice person though.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wow, what does this guy have to do this season to get your respect?