Thread: 01/03/12 - Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default 01/03/12 - Studs & Duds

Early class in the AM...these studs and duds cover up to the Jets game, will add more in the morning.

Studs

Matt Reads Nabokov like a book - Matt Read scored two goals (one of which was the game-winner), and added an assist in today's 6-3 win for the Flyers. Read has had tremendous success against Nabokov this season, scoring three goals and two assists in four contests against him. Giroux added three assists and Andrej Meszaros had a fantastic roto night (1G 2A 4SOG 2BLK 3HIT +2)

Alexei Emelin - For his HUGE hit on Erik Cole. Probably trying to wake Cole up considering how he went minus-three in the game.

Holy Evander - Evander Kane scored two goals and added two assists, giving him 14 points in his past eight games. Kane now has 46 points on the season, as he continues to establish career highs in pretty much every possible statistic in his short NHL career thus far.

Jets flying their way to a playoff berth - With tonight's 7-0 slaughter of the Panthers the Jets have jumped into eighth place in the East. Personally (and I'm sure there are a lot of folks out there that feel the same way), I'm very excited at the prospect of this team making it to the playoffs given all that has gone on with this franchise in the past year.

"We traded for Matt right?" - Matt Kassian scored his first two goals of his career in tonight's loss to Montreal. While it obviously doesn't stack up to Malkin's five point night with under 14 minutes of ice time, he did very well given his 7:08 TOI. Nick Johnson had a great game as well registering three assists.

Davids do it all it all - David Desharnais carried the Canadiens tonight on the stat sheet, logging a goal, two assists, three shots, two blocks, one hit, and 15 face off wins. David Krejci did the same for the Bruins as he scored the game's first goal, the game tying goal, and the game winner in OT.

Staal extends the streak - Staal added two more assists to his total, extending his point streak to double digits (10), and now has 18 points in that span. Staal has really managed to turn his season around, as he is now on pace for around 70 points.

Duds

Dennis Wideman 2.0 - Not even going to bother describing this...just watch

Florida *****cats - Wow, to let a division rival spank you that hard this late in the season is embarrassing.

Erik Cole - Minus-three and point-less in a 5-4 win, not impressive at all, especially considering how his linemates both managed to register multi-point games.

Zid-lick-my-nuts - Breaking News: Marek Zidlicky still refuses to shoot the puck! In three games since the trade, Zidlicky has one shot...and that's pretty much it as he has no points and has gone a combined minus-five. So much for thriving in a new environment. Interesting to note that the Devils have lost all three games since the trade, and have lost four in a row overall.

The Magnificent One

Please add a huge stud Steve Mason yes that's right with a shutout!!!!
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Please add a huge stud Steve Mason yes that's right with a shutout!!!!
    The rule is that you have to come up with your own creative title and add Mason to the existing article.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

It's Miller time!

Ryan Miller posted his second shutout in as many nights as the Sabres beat the Ducks 1-0 in their own pond. Miller made 39 saves and has 83 total saves in the two goose-egg performances.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust