Thread: Forum Update

I...am your father.

Default Forum Update

Hopefully by this weekend:

1. No more frames. So top banner will be gone, Twitter box gone, the convenient links along the top will be gone. It will just be a forum almost on it's own. It will only have a "home" button to back to dobberhockey, and the Dobber Sports bar along the top.

2. The two or three ads on each page - one up top, one on bottom, maybe one along the side.

Hopefully this will help the forum load faster and it will be cleaner/less busy
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks Dobber! Looking forward to the new layout
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Immortal

Looooooooooooooooooking good!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Dobber, is it at all possible to get a link from the forums back to the main page that doesn't use Flash? I know on my computer I can click on the Dobber logo to get to the main site, but on my iPhone, flash is not supported, so there is no convenient way to get from the forums back to the main site. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by letnry View Post
    Dobber, is it at all possible to get a link from the forums back to the main page that doesn't use Flash? I know on my computer I can click on the Dobber logo to get to the main site, but on my iPhone, flash is not supported, so there is no convenient way to get from the forums back to the main site. Thanks!
    Second that motion!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

I...am your father.

For some reason, it's not that easy. I'm trying to get that link in there on the menu as you say.

It is on the bottom though "DobberHockey Forum - Rule your pool!" is a link to the home page. But I'm still looking for a way to get it on the menu. Editing the menu, for some dumb reason, is not an easy thing.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi