Thread: Adding a Farm Team to Yahoo Dynasty League

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Adding a Farm Team to Yahoo Dynasty League

Do any comishes out there know how to set up a farm team in a Yahoo Dynasty League? I am in a fist year league and no one seems to know how to do this. Also, what designates a league as dynasty as opposed to 1 year or keeper? Thanks for your help!
    Team 1
    12 team Dynasty League - Yahoo
    Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6B
    G,A,PIM,PPG,PPP,SHG,SOG,HIT,BLK,FW, W,GAA,SV,SHO
    C: Henrique, Point, Hintz, Malkin, Frost
    LW: Ovechkin, DeBrincat, Benn, Robertson, Tolvanen
    RW: Pastrnak, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Bratt, Atkinson
    D: Fox, Trouba, McAvoy, Carlson, Faber, Manson
    G: Ullmark, Swayman, Talbot, Lyon, Lindgren
    IR: Hamilton, Eichel, Tippett

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sorry for the slow response, it's been a week of nothing but crazy work.

I'm almost 100 per cent certain that you can't create a farm team in Yahoo. You could create another "league" with just your farm team players, but then you would need to figure out how to deal with those farm team players in your "real" league.

I don't know any service provider that allows farm teams, but I am certain that there is at least one that can do this. I primarily use Yahoo and have one league in Fantrax.

A dynasty league is simply a keeper league where you can keep all or nearly all of your players. I run a 24 team dynasty league and I love how much I am learning about prospects and the power of patience!

I'm not always thrilled with lmited keeper leagues because it's almost like you are being punished for good/great drafting and trading. It is meant to keep some teams from getting too much of an advantage. I understand the need for this because if one or two teams end up so far ahead of everyone else, then the rest of the league will likely lose interest.

The key really is having a group of owners who are reasonably close in skill. Trading when one or two owners take advantage of a less skilled owner can sometimes throw the pool out of whack and sour the inexperienced owner.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

From experience, I know providers like Fantrax and CBS provide deep benches / farm team spots where you can place players that are currently not on your active roter. It's a lot to enter at first but it works.

I'm sure guys like Shakedown or Dyzfunctioned around these boards could jump in and give more details on how to set it up.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Master

fantrax offers farm team options (they call it minors)with both free version and premium version.

fantrax blows the other providers out of the water when it comes to listing most , if not all prospects in their deep player database .if you use a provider that doesnt list all prospects you'd have to create a seperate prospect database and maintain it , which is a pain in the ass .

they now offer h2h roto cats single win or multiple win & have recently added drag and drop or easy clik methods to set daily roster moves .

Dobber Sports Immortal

We have a massive 26 team league on CBS this year and while they don't have an official "farm team", you can just as many guys as you want on your Injured Reserve and we use that as our farm.

I wouldn't recommend CBS though as I personally think it's garbage; it does do that particular thing that you need though.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Adding a Farm Team to Yahoo Dynasty League

Hi all....just saw this a few years too late, haha. I was in a couple of dynasty leagues in which the Commish/league owner just maintained a seperate Google docs spreadsheet with the farm teams and players, which was available for anyone to view.
    18-team! H2H Keeper League (10-keepers)
    G, A, PTS, PIM, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, SOG, Hits, BLK (11)
    W, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SO (6)

C: Giroux,Benn,
    Bjugstad,
    LW: Pavelski,Tatar,Roussel
    RW: MacKinnon,Rantanen,Simmonds,Wingels,
    D: Ekblad,Trouba,Hanifan,Phaneuf,Del Zotto,Gudas,
    G: Schneider,C.Anderson,Raanta

Dobber Sports Genius

The league I'm in went to Fantrax years ago and a big factor was that a farm team is easy to manage on that site. The more you get used to the site the more obvious it is that it has options that blow away the competition as far as customizing every aspect of the league goes.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah, I am starting a keeper/auction/salary league for next year, I think Fantrax is the way to go. Especially if we want to have farm teams......

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    The league I'm in went to Fantrax years ago and a big factor was that a farm team is easy to manage on that site. The more you get used to the site the more obvious it is that it has options that blow away the competition as far as customizing every aspect of the league goes.
    18-team! H2H Keeper League (10-keepers)
    G, A, PTS, PIM, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, SOG, Hits, BLK (11)
    W, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SO (6)

C: Giroux,Benn,
    Bjugstad,
    LW: Pavelski,Tatar,Roussel
    RW: MacKinnon,Rantanen,Simmonds,Wingels,
    D: Ekblad,Trouba,Hanifan,Phaneuf,Del Zotto,Gudas,
    G: Schneider,C.Anderson,Raanta