Thread: Goalie Dilemma: Backstrom or Giguere?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Goalie Dilemma: Backstrom or Giguere?

In a keeper league here. 4 keepers. H2H total points scored for G,A,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHG,GWG,FOW,SOG,Hits,Blocks.

So I've been riding Backstrom for a while now. Picked him up in the last (15th) round of the fantasy draft, and he, along with the rest of the Wild, started the season on fire. But, now the Wild are barely looking like a playoff team. And Backstrom can't even keep his Sv% above 90% of GAA below 3.5 in recent weeks.

Meanwhile, Giguere seems to have solidified himself as the #1 goalie in Colorado, and has some pretty good stats recently and over the season.

So, would you drop Backstrom and pick up Giguere? Or should I try to stash Backstrom away on my bench (I'd have a tough time dropping someone at this point)?

Look forward to reading some opinions! Thanks in advance!

My lineup:
    Krejci
    S. Koivu
    Hall
    Parise
    St. Louis
    Elias
    Couture
    Lupul
    E. Kane
    A Shaw
    Semin
    Doughty
    Shattenkirk
    Hamonic
    Ekman-Larsson
    Josi
    Quick
    Backstrom

IR - Carter
    IR - Green

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You aren't keeping Backstrom in all likelihood anyway and Giggie is certainly making noise for the Avs - who still would like to make the playoffs so why not. Once Carter is ready to return you have to find a drop anyway and it would likely be him, so might as well do it now and keep Shaw for awhile.

Dobber Sports Expert

That's what I was thinking... Could you not drop Shaw and run with 3 goalies, then just stream each one against "favorable" match ups the rest of the way.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12