Thread: Bob\'s seeking at Marleau

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Bob\'s seeking at Marleau

Renaud Lavoie from RDS wrote that Bob Gainey is very active these days. http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/231445.html. 2 different sources confirmed to RDS that the Habs are actively trying to land Patrick Marleau. Do you think it\'s possible? Any idea of the player(s) or pick that Montréal can offer for him?
    Thanks

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Bob\'s seeking at Marleau

not a clue who we would get, but i have heard the same. i know wilson will sell marleau for cheap though. im tired of hearing how bad he was in the playoffs.....he is money in the playoffs other than one series against detroit this year. get over it....one series. it would be a mistake if we traded him
    Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/AaronSholl

Fantasy Hockey Keeper League Details: http://tinyurl.com/GoSharksHockey

Dobber Sports Stud

Don\'t know if I see that happening, Ryder/Kostitsyn/Higgins/etc aren\'t that good when compared to what SJ could probably find elsewhere.

It\'s ironic though... if the Bruins had demanded Marleau for Thornton a couple of years ago, I bet they could have had him. Instead, what\'s left? Ah, right: Marco Sturm.

Speaking of the Bruins... my French is a little fuzzy (translated: I don\'t speak any French but do remember enough Spanish to make it out), but does that same article you cited mention the Canucks offering Bourdon to the Bruins?
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thieving Giraffe wrote:
    Speaking of the Bruins... my French is a little fuzzy (translated: I don\'t speak any French but do remember enough Spanish to make it out), but does that same article you cited mention the Canucks offering Bourdon to the Bruins?
    The badly translated version:
    Translated by Google

Post edited by: Chadosaur, at: 2007/06/22 13:33
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction

I...am your father.

When you use such a long link, it throws off the appearance of the thread.

Hide the link within a word. Guys, can you edit your posts and hide the link, or remove it?

Thanks!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

There\'s no way Marleau heads to Montreal. Bob Gainey can\'t offer San Jose anything that could be beneficial to San Jose. Bob can\'t fill any of San Jose\'s holes or needs. Thus, Mearleau won\'t be moved there.

Over at HTR, habs fans are always putting up stupid trade rumours like
    Ex: Dandenault & 1st rounder for Marleau
    or
    Ex: Halak, Grabovsky, 2nd for Marleau & 4th
    or
    Ex: Higgins, Komisarek, Danis for Marleau and Toskala.

I hate when people make trade rumours that have no base, and are crafted from only looking at one team\'s needs.

Teams I can see Marleau going to are...Tampa.....that\'s pretty much it for now. That\'d be if Richards was to be moved. Sharks need players with heart and who can give clutch performances, and who have leadership. Unless someone with at the very least 2/3 is heading back to them, there\'s no way Marleau (someone who has 2 of those 3) is moved.

Montreal has Ryder, Higgins, Kostitsyn, and Markov. None would make sense in San Jose. San Jose needs a veteran puck moving offensive Dman to teach Error, Carle, and Vlasic. They need Heart players, preferably on the Left Wing, but at C wouldn\'t hurt. Sharks are full on the Right Wing slot, it\'s why Michalek moved to the left, as far as I know. Ryder would have to swap wings, because Bernier and Clow wouldn\'t. Kostitsyn wouldn\'t fit at all. Higgins would be like a more goal heavy Marleau who isn\'t proven and doesn\'t have a value near that of marleau.

Sometimes...only sometimes...Hab trade rumours can be as bad as Leaf trade Rumours.

That said, I DID hear a rumour of Kubina, Deveraux and a 2nd for Marleau...
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin