Thread: 01/08/12 Studs & Duds

Administrator

Default 01/08/12 Studs & Duds

Happy New Year Everyone! Glad to be back in 2012. Here are your Studs & Duds.

Studs

Tim Tebow

That is all.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

Well played sir.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Master

I want more!
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Monster

Pisssssed

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Tim who....?

Administrator

Okay, I lied. Here are the actual Studs & Duds

Studs

Mike Richards

For taking in a Lakers game on Sunday night. Hopefully he learned a little something about scoring. Richards was interviewed and offered this little nugget of insight when he was asked when the Kings were going to start scoring, and I paraphrase,

"Well it's tough because obviously don't want to let anything in defensively but hopefully we’re going to get it going soon."

Dropping a Deuce

That's what the Windbreakers and Ducks are doing this season but when they took to the ice against each other on Sunday night one of them was coming away with two points. Kudos to the Ducks for coming away with a win in the high scoring affair.

Rick Nash snipped two. So did Teemu Selanne. Visnovsky, Beauchemin and Ryan each had two apples apiece. Vinny Prospal had one of each.

Corey Perry and Saku Koivu both pinched a loaf on my funny poop joke by notching three points. Perry had a hattrick while Koivu had a goal and two assists. Good for both of you, your team is still poop-last.

Hey Karl, Good to See You!

Erik Karlsson is the breakout star of this fantasy season. He is scoring at least 70 points this season and could be the second defenseman to score 80 in over a decade (the only guy to do was Nik Lidstrom in 2005-06 so he is in good company). I realize he is only half-way there but seriously there is nothing slowing this kid down. He will just start banking pucks off teammates if he has to. Karlsson had the top rotisserie line of the night with one goal, one assist, five SOG and a whopping plus-five rating.

HM

Shout out to Filip Kuba for dropping the game winner tonight along with a four SOG and a plus-four rating.

Other shout outs to Val Filppula, Henrik Zetterberg and Marian Hossa for adding two points each tonight. You know so the best game of the day actually gets mentioned.

Duds

The Columbus Windbreakers

For existing…

Okay, seriously. I would actually just like to point out once again how much Steve Mason sucks. Another dud on Sunday night.

Iiro Tarkki

If I had a heart I would mention the fact that by sucking so much Tarkki actually got the win in this shit-disturbance of a game. But I don't so let's instead focus on the fact that Tarkki allowed a goal on the first shot he faced in his NHL career and now boasts a career save percentage of 0.666 because there is no way I'm rounding the devil's number up.

Ilya Bryzgalov

On a night when Steve Mason, Ty Conklin, Curtis Sanford, Craig Anderson, Jonas Hiller and Iiro Tarkki all played somehow you managed to be the worst goalie. Okay, I lied, Steve Mason was worse. Bryz was second worst but the theme tonight is poop so second really wins first if you follow that logic.

DHM

Giroux and Hartnell

Lots of minuses on the Flyers tonight but Giroux went pointless and minus-three. Hartnell went only minus-two but contributed nothing of value, not even a SOG. We’ve come to expect a lot of positives from these two but there were none on Sunday.

Injuries

Patrick Sharp left the game with an upper body injury and did not return.

It was announced that both Jordan Staal and James Neal will miss significant time with injuries. The Pittsburgh Penguins roster has been decimated by injuries. They are clinging to a playoff spot with a lineup headlined by Evgeni Malkin, Marc-Andre Fleury

Jonas Hiller left the game with a lower body injury and did not return although this is probably a positive for fantasy owners. A Hiller injury could have the similar effect as burning a wart off your wang. Sure it hurts at first but in the long run it’s probably a good thing.

Speaking of warts on your wang. Jeff Carter also went down with another injury on Sunday and did not return. Here’s hoping he gets an extended stay on the IR. I’m thinking May or June or 2015 whenever is convenient for him.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Jeff Carter to the IR with "why even bother playing anymore"
    Safe to say that summarizes Jeff Carter's time in columbus.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Banned

I don't normally give kudos to the Sens, but kudos to them for shutting down Claude Giroux this weekend. It was brilliant to watch!