Thread: 01/02/12 Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default 01/02/12 Studs & Duds

Happy New Year everyone. Hope the holidays were as good for you as they were for me. Here is the first edition of Studs & Duds for you in 2012

Studs

King For A Day

Henrik Lundqvist made 34 saves in yesterdays Winter Classic game sporting a 0.944 save percentage. Lundqvist was outstanding, keeping the Rangers in the game and stopping a penalty shot in the dying minutes of the third. The win puts the Rangers tied with Chicago at 52 points and in the league lead.

Mike Rupp, we salute you!

Mike Rupp scored twice, but after the first goal he mocks Philadelphia's Jaromir Jagr by imitating his signature salute. In the intermission, CBC's Elliotte Friedman interviewed Rupp and asked about the Jagr salute. Rupp responded with a straight face saying, "That's Jagr's? I didn't know. I've been doing that since I was a kid"

Sen-Sational

Sens Captain Daniel Alfredsson is red hot with 12 points in his last nine games, including two over time game winning goals in the last three games. With play like that, he should be a lock for the all-star game regardless of the fan vote!

Honorable Mention

Rangers Marc Staal made his return after missing close to an entire year with a concussion.

Seymon Varlamov earned the win making 31 saves and posting a 0.968 save percentage over Los Angeles.

Erik Karlsson has a two point night and now leads all NHL defense in scoring with a comfortable six point lead over Brian Campbell.

Jason Spezza had another impressive stat line. Goal, assist, plus -1, won 20 of 24 faceoffs, 3 shots on goal, two PIM's

Duds

Crawford slips in chance to regain starting position against Oilers

Corey Crawford allowed four goals in 30 shots and lost the game. While his season record is still 15-8-2, he is in jeopardy of being Halaked by former Sens goalie Ray Emery!

Nuge nudged out of game

The Nuge left the game last night with an upper-body-injury. Good news is it looks like a shoulder and not the dreaded "C" word!

Habs misguided in fight to end slump

P.K. Subban gets under the skin of opposition, and teammates. Tomas Plekanec dropped the gloves and they exchanged a few punches before teammates intervened at practice yesterday.

Dishonorable Mention

Jagr was unable to score and perform a Mike Rupp salute yesterday. Jagr has a minor injury in what looks like leg or groin, and only played part of the first period.

Leafs Penalty kill. Yes I know they didn't play yesterday, but lets be honest, it sucks!
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default #1 dud

The #1 dud should be the reffing in the 3rd period of the winter classic. Piss-Poor!