View Poll Results: Keep or dump Skinner?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep

7 87.50%
  • Dump

1 12.50%

Thread: What to do with Skinner??

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default What to do with Skinner??

My 1 yr, head-to-head league (stupidly) doesn't have an IR spot. So I have to roll the dice and either get rid of Skinner, who was officially put on IR today, or simply wait it out. Thoughts??

Thanks, I appreciate the advice!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by terhatch View Post
    My 1 yr, head-to-head league (stupidly) doesn't have an IR spot. So I have to roll the dice and either get rid of Skinner, who was officially put on IR today, or simply wait it out. Thoughts??

Thanks, I appreciate the advice!
    First of all, you should include more information. Scoring categories, players available on the Waiver wire, etc. would help greatly in my decision. You might want to include that information in your signature [for your main league, preferably] and that would help everyone responding to your questions. Just a heads up.

That being said, I would probably err on the side of hanging on to Skinner and hoping for the best. He is such a highly talented player, that he is capable of high-level production when healthy. If you're having trouble keeping up with lack of available bench space, it might force your hand but I would try to keep Skinner and wait out his situation as long as possible.

Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's hard to say without league cats,etc. However, i'd probably keep him for a run as he's one of he leagues most dynamic players. You've sat on him this long, i don't see the point of dropping him now.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Giant

I'm curious to hear some other people's thoughts on the situation, as I've recently picked up Skinner in one of my deeper leagues. I guess his manager got tired of concussions and no IR spot...
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i would also hold on to him. he has been out for a week or two and i cant imagine that the canes will have him out too much longer. i would expect skinner to return sometime early in the new year as i am sure that this is more a case of the canes taking every precaution with his as opposed to him being seriously concussed.

although as a skinner owner that may just be wishful thinking on my part
    14 team, keep 6 points only (extra point for ppp). no position req.

Malkin, Tavares, Benn, Seguin, Hudler, Little, Barkov, fisher,Backes

Keith , Kronwall, Green , letang, Edler

Quick, Crawford

Dobber Sports Star

If its 1 year I would do more research to find out his condition then package
    him together with someone for a deal.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Tough to tell without more info from your league, but I think I would hold him for a while more until some more concrete news comes out. If you are fading in the standings because of holding an injured player and the league is like 10 teamer then I would consider finding a replacement. Otherwise stand pat for a bit more.

I...am your father.

Give me an example of who is available. If Player A, then Skinner should be dropped if longer than 2 weeks. If Player B, then Skinner should be dropped if longer than 4 weeks. Big difference.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks everyone for the advice, and I'm sorry for not providing all th info. My roster is:

Fwds: J. Toews, B. Richards, N. Horton, L. Couture, G. Landeskog, P. Elias, C. Kunitz, T. Fleishmann, O. Jokinen, E. Cole, M. Pacioretty, D. Roy, and of course Skinner

D: K. Yandle, J. Wisniewski, S. Souray, A. Goligoski, and J. Liles

G: R. Luongo, M. Smith, T. Rask, C. Schneider

Scoring cats are: G(3), A(2), PIM(0.3), SHG(2), and PPP(1) for skaters, and W(5), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SO(3) for goalies.

Some available Fwds include: Glencross, Foligno, Clarkson, Hudler, Dupuis, Wheeler, Higgins, Wilson, Anisimov, Cleary, Morrow, Raymond, Simmonds, Zajac, Erat, Voracek, Grabner, Bertuzzi, Bergland, Ryder, Chimera, Nystrom

Thanks again for the help! Let me know if there is any more info I could provide.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I should also add that I am currently in 1st place, riding a 7 game winning streak, and on pace to win again this week, so my instinct is to just keep Skinner until. More desperately need a roster spot.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Who's on IR that does not allow you to stash him there?

As for Skinner himself, the Canes are doing what all teams will eventually do.... take a concussed player and completely isolate from Coaching staff and teammates in favor of medical staff. When he returns to ANY kind of physical activity, it will be because Doctors have cleared him to work with trainers. When he returns to any type of practice, it will be because Doctors have cleared him. Ruthorford and Muller have NOTHING to do with Skinner until medical staff clears him. Right now Skinner has done 0 physical activity. However, I suspect we will have an update next week. Either symptoms have cleared and he is resuming workouts or statements indicating a severe, long-term injury. hopefully this time next week he is conditioning like Michalek is atm.
    CCRWRWLWLWFWDDDDUGG (4 bench; 2 IR)

Yahoo Head 2 Head; 2 Keepers
    (G),(A), (+/-), (PIM),(PPP),(SHP),(GWG),(SOG), (FW), (W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

I...am your father.

Morrow is hot right now and it sounds like Skinner is out for at least another 10 days. Since Morrow plays STL Monday, a defensive team, I would hang onto Skinner until the morning of the 29th, Morrow's next game. If there is nothing promising on Skinner at that point, then yeah you should probably make the switch. Being in first, it is important that you get points every week
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm sitting on the fence on this issue. Part of me says keep him, but part of me also says if you need the roster space then grab someone now to get points asap. How deep is your waiver wire? If Skinner were to be on there, would anyone else pick him up?