Page 3 of 234 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Genius

ha ha ha! Yes, Fullers is a great company. London Pride, ESB, and others are great beers. i could drink those any day. Barking Squirrel sounds like fun. I'd try that out. My brother recently tried Monkey Knife Fight and loved it lol. Love how these Microbrews are getting creative with their names.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hoegaarden, Kronenberg, Stella, Steamwhistle, are among some of my favorite common ones.

Couple less common ones that are great at Yellow Tail (only available Santorini I believe), Mythos, and a billion others I can't think of at the moment.

Dobber Sports Expert

Ah beer-) Sorry i´m a lil blinded and arrogant here since i come from the beer captital of the world and the home of the famous (puke) Oktoberfest.

I think we still got most brewieres in a city by a pretty wide margin but not all of them are good.

If you ever get the chance to catch some German beer and not only the usual stuff that is exported try yourself a:

Distelhäuser,
    Tannenzäpfle,
    Augustiner,
    Tegernseer
    Welde

and i´m pretty sure you won´t be dissappointed.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Ace

Some personal favs of mine ATM

Most products Mill Street puts out- the coffee porter is amazing, tankhouse is decent and the lemon tea beer is really interesting
    granville island-every beer i have tried of theirs is top notch
    alley kat- aprikat and full moon are both deleicious
    dieu de ciel hibiscus- i think thats what it is called, a bit sweet but really good
    crabbies ginger beer- one of the few ginger beers that i love
    newcastle-always a good decent priced option
    anchor steam- their porters are really good
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Novice

I really enjoy the American IPA's full of hoppy bitterness! Some of the local Ontario breweries such as Flying Monkeys, Grand River, Great Lakes, etc.. are coming out with their own IPAs but they don't quite compare to having something like a Stone IPA. Usually I'll have a Guinness when I'm at a pub that doesn't have anything else I really like. The odd time I'll crack open a Labatt 50 or Molson Export.

Some of my favourites when I get down to Buffalo:
    Stone IPA & Arrogant Bastard
    Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye Ale & Racer 5 IPA
    Victory Hop Devil
    Ithaca "Flower Power" IPA

Since I don't get to Buffalo that often, some good stuff from the LCBO:
    Southern Tier IPA
    Brooklyn Lager
    Grand River Galt Knife Old Style or Plowmans Ale
    Mill Street Tankhouse
    Innis & Gunn Highland Cask
    Flying Monkeys Smashbomb
    18 team full keeper
    H2H Points - 5G, 4A, 0.25 PIM, 10W, 10SO + other misc categories

C - Tavares, Skinner, Jokinen, Sobotka
    LW - Versteeg, Wheeler, Tanguay, Tlusty
    RW - Eberle, Stafford, Clutterbuck, Halischuk
    D - Yandle, Campbell, Martin, Schenn, White, Harrison
    G - Luongo, Fleury

Reserve - Tedenby, Spaling, Chimera, Gerbe, Hamilton, Markov, D. Savard, Butler
    Minors - Toffoli, Hishon, Grimaldi, Geoffrion, Ferraro, Jensen, Mursak, Terry, Silfverberg, C. Gibson, Tokarski

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    By the way, the verdict on Hen's Tooth is that it's pretty darn good. I haven't had a beer with yeast in the bottle. I like it. Though I got to say any beer with the word Hen in it has to try to amount to Old Speckled Hen. Like butter!
    When I was in Nepal I drank what they call beer. It's spoonfulls of yeast in a big wooden mug. Then they pour boiling hot water in it and you drink it through a bamboo straw that has a natural filter. The longer you take the more it ferments and the stronger it gets. The faster you suck at that altitude the drinker you get. It's a win-win.

It tastes okay, but you can only get it in the east region in hill stations. Which means you have to climb a mountain for three days from India.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I give this thread TWO THUMBS UP.
    For the cheap-beer-keg-party-crowd... I've got a new thread starting in a few minutes.

(ps. I hope Dean Youngblood didn't read the first couple sentences of this thread! Bwa-ha-ha)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm pretty much exclusively a Guinness drinker. I will have a Sam Adams or Blue Moon if I'm at a restaraunt that doesn't have Guinness. There are some local micro brews that I also enjoy from time to time as a change of pace. I can't get the sites to work on my phone so I'll post them when I get home tomorrow.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat Danglers View Post
    Some personal favs of mine ATM

Most products Mill Street puts out- the coffee porter is amazing, tankhouse is decent and the lemon tea beer is really interesting
    granville island-every beer i have tried of theirs is top notch
    alley kat- aprikat and full moon are both deleicious
    dieu de ciel hibiscus- i think thats what it is called, a bit sweet but really good
    crabbies ginger beer- one of the few ginger beers that i love
    newcastle-always a good decent priced option
    anchor steam- their porters are really good
    Alley Kat is actually decent for a local brewery. Have you tried some of the beers at Cactus Club? I had their Ugly Ale or something once and man, I was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I'm pretty much exclusively a Guinness drinker. I will have a Sam Adams or Blue Moon if I'm at a restaraunt that doesn't have Guinness. There are some local micro brews that I also enjoy from time to time as a change of pace. I can't get the sites to work on my phone so I'll post them when I get home tomorrow.
    Diversify bro! What's life without a little variety.

I can enjoy a Guiness and all but much rather leave my options open.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have tasted many fine beers in many countries. Tasted a fantastic beer made by Bavarian monks when I was in Berlin.

Beer Nirvana if you will...

It ruined all other beers in comparison though, so its kinda a curse too.

Generally stick with Creemore Springs because its fairly local (30 minutes from brewery), Mill Street & Steam Whistle for the same reason, or any Eurobrew when I want to splurge. Anyone in Southern Ontario who hasnt tried Creemore should.
    Last edited by Man_not_Puck; December 22, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
    12 Team $ Keeper Dynasty (top 5 get paid) - ROTO daily changes

Roster: 3C / 3LW / 3RW / 4D / 1 Util / 2 G / 5 Bn / 6 Farm
    Scoring : G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, Save %, SO

C: Crosby, Hodgson, Steen, Dubinsky
    W: Alfredsson, Nash, Hall, J. Jokinen, Michalek, D. Brown, Simmonds, Yakupov, C. Neil
    D: Edler, Carlson, Kulikov, R. Ellis, Wideman
    G: Backstrom, Harding, S. Mason, Khudobin
    Prospects (<150 GP): Tarasenko, Etem, B. Smith, Hamilton, Lack, Tokarski

Dobber Sports Genius

Hey Keytolife, you ever have Guttmann from Bavaria? It's not even well known there, but it's the best I've ever had. I lived in the area of Baden-Baden for a little bit and all the guys who were on their service year were from this area where this beer was brewed and when they would go back for like Holiday, everyone from Baden-Baden would give them tons of money to bring back Guttmann. It was beer nirvana as someone else said.

Oh and not sure how many people know this, but Dyz mentioned liking Stella (which I love), but the British consider it the wife-beater beer since it's the cheap beer like it would be their Bud Light lol. Sucks for them as I think it's pretty good ha ha.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    Hey Keytolife, you ever have Guttmann from Bavaria? It's not even well known there, but it's the best I've ever had. I lived in the area of Baden-Baden for a little bit and all the guys who were on their service year were from this area where this beer was brewed and when they would go back for like Holiday, everyone from Baden-Baden would give them tons of money to bring back Guttmann. It was beer nirvana as someone else said.

Oh and not sure how many people know this, but Dyz mentioned liking Stella (which I love), but the British consider it the wife-beater beer since it's the cheap beer like it would be their Bud Light lol. Sucks for them as I think it's pretty good ha ha.
    Damn, wish it was cheap here. One of the best beers out there in regards to something you can find almost every store/restaurant/pub out there.

Boddingtons
    Spaten
    Stella
    Carlsberg
    Guinness
    [insert Bavarian beer here]

Not the most eclectic brands, but my personal favs, nonetheless.

And not to piss on anyone's cornflakes but if you have to add a piece of fruit to your beer...you need to change beers.

EDIT: Oh...Negro Modelo (though I don't have that too often) and Chimay White Trappist is a potent Belgian @ 8%. They serve that at the Blue Monk on Elmwood Ave. Great beer selection there.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; December 22, 2011 at 1:28 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Sage

The two beers I had available at my reception were Dos Equis (lager) and Alaskan Amber. Alaskan Amber is a really good beer from the States that still doesn't get a ton of hype.

Some others that I enjoy from time to time include Great Lakes Christmas Ale (pretty exclusive to midwest states), Sam Adams, Blue Moon seasonals aren't too bad, Firestone DBA, and for me, LaBatt. I live in southern Cali and LaBatt is actually discontinued in that region...makes it that much more appealing to me when I can get my hands on it.
    @tlucarelli on twitter