Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 229 230 231 232 233 234
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3510

Thread: Where are the good beer drinkers?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Where are the good beer drinkers?

I've been on the Sneaky Weasel... 5.6% and $7.29 for a six-pack... lager or pale ale, can't go wrong. Best tasting Swill around (Sorry Lucky)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Well lads, I thought of this thread the other day and figured we should resurrect it a little bit. I've come out the other side of a crippling hop addiction. IPAs are not really my bag anymore. I still enjoy, but other styles have been striking my fancy more. In the past couple years, its been sours that have really interested me. Gose, Lambics, Flanders Reds... I have been digging them all. There is a wild fermentation movement happening in NZ. There are a lot of different kinds of wild beers and they are really, really interesting to drink. If you haven't tried sour beer yet, give it a go with an open mind and no expectations.

It does seem that I have come full circle as this past week, I have really been getting stuck into the Pilsners! lol

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm drinking Locker Room Lager because a case comes with a role of clear hockey tape, and I need clear tape....
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Is anyone else on here using untappd to track/rate the beers you try?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

I used to be on untappd. I used it for a couple years, then I deleted my account when I was trying to unlink from FB. Never started a new account after that.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I used to be on untappd. I used it for a couple years, then I deleted my account when I was trying to unlink from FB. Never started a new account after that.
    I use it quite a bit. I track my beers but it also allows me to read up on beers I haven't tried yet and gives me a good idea if I'd like it or not.

Me and my bud started brewing our own small batch beers using the beer in a bag method. We've had some really good beers and have started our own micro brewery in his garage. We're on the ground level but plan on building it up slowly. Unfortunately, I am deploying overseas for six months in a week so we will have to hold off production until I get back in the summer.

God I love beer, especially craft beer. So many excellent beers out there.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm drinking Locker Room Lager because a case comes with a role of clear hockey tape, and I need clear tape....
    That's awesome.

What's the beer like!?
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Stud

My brother and I were visiting New Mexico last summer, and happened upon an absolutely gorgeous beer - Scotia from a local brewery called Bosque. Would be considered a scotch ale/wee heavy, and for us, rivaled the original brew-style of Innis & Gunn (prior to the changeover in how they brewed).

Tried unsuccessfully to have the LCBO bring in a few cases - so if anyone happens to come across this (in Canada or even the Northern U.S.) would LOVE the tip on where to grab some!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Master

Brewing beer is fun. I used to brew myself ever since I got it in my head that I can make similar beer for way cheaper. I never did get to commercial level, but had fun trying. There is another brewing thread Axe. You should resurrect it. A few of us have posted our brews in there. Lots of brewing chat.

Dobber Sports Master

Well I bought four beer on the way home from work today. Zero IPAs and 4 sour beer. The transformation is complete! hahaha. Sours go down so well in this summer heat. Refreshing! I'm having a feijoa cider right now. Nice light drink, perfect for a hot Friday after work. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Brewing beer is fun. I used to brew myself ever since I got it in my head that I can make similar beer for way cheaper. I never did get to commercial level, but had fun trying. There is another brewing thread Axe. You should resurrect it. A few of us have posted our brews in there. Lots of brewing chat.
    I'll see if I can track it down. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Titan

I know this is a beer thread but if anyone is in the Burlington/Hamilton/Guelph Triangle there's this little cider-y on highway 6. West Avenue Ciderhouse. Went there last weekend because my sister is getting married there so I thought I'd check it out. I'm not a cider fan at all, but man...were these good. They made on with cascade hops in it and ooooman, was it ever nice. Most are dry, and this one was too, but it was dry enough where the hops really shone through.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Recently tried a few of the IPA offerings from Other Half Brewing out of Brooklyn. My understanding is that they do very limited releases, so typically available only from the brewery directly or if you can find on the secondary/trade market from other enthusiasts.

https://otherhalfbrewing.com

So far, I've tried the

Double Enigma Daydream
    Bagel and Schmear
    Dream Layers

All quite good -- would have to say Bagel and Schmear was my favorite thus far (great pour, a real easy drinker, nice hops and just a hint of sweetness lingers after each sip; delicious). Have a few other of their offerings stashed away that I also look forward to trying, so we'll see. But in any event, if you haven't already, their brews are well worth a try in my opinion if you can find them.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Expert

Holy Shit,

this thread is still going? Awesome! I haven't posted much in a few years, but hope to be back and have a few things to offer. Friday night, after a 'drier" January, and sipping on a "B" side hazy IPA. A collab from 2 awesome local breweries (Steel and Oak and Boombox). Delicious! Cheers everyone!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Expert

I use Untapped to track beers and really like the feature that allows you to see what's trending depending on the are you are in. Also really like to access the camera and scan a bar code to immediately find a beer. I use this when I visit liqour stores that have a huge selection (especially singles). That way, I can find out right away how the beer is rated. It allows me to find some hidden gems as well as avoid beers that are very poorly rated.

Heading into the big city today....bound to try another new craft brewery or tap house....finally get to see the Canucks play again tonight
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,