Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Karlsson = Respect!!

Dobber Sports Icon

Last night's game speaks volumes about Karlsson. He's not just a PP guy, he's even producing at even strength - two points last night, one on the PP and one at ES, and only 45 seconds of PP time. He has 19 ES points and 14 PP points, a 42% PP to ES ratio, that's quite telling. I always worry when guys are getting lots of points but with significantly more than 50% being on the PP.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

Karlsson doing his part to single-handedly save me from a horrid offensive week. Nice line of 1G, 1A, +1, 1PPP, 8SOG (and another 5 blocked and three missed, for 16 shot attempts total).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Master

Karlsson was easily the best player on the ice tonight. Wow.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Karlsson was easily the best player on the ice tonight. Wow.
    Indeed. One of the handful of players I'd pay NHL ticket prices today to see live.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Indeed. One of the handful of players I'd pay NHL ticket prices today to see live.
    He's so smart with the puck offensively...probably his strongest suit.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Expert

Kid turned a 3-2 deficit into a 4-3 OT win. Beauty.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Master

His goal was a beauty. Pure individual effort.

Banned

Dobber Sports Legend

Another 2 points tonight including setting up the GWG in OT. The kid now has 37 points in the first 40 games. Am I being too conservative if I say he scores 25 points in the last 42 GP and finishes with 62?
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

At this rate i say he hits 70!
    15 Team Points only salary cap keeper league
    Dress 12F,6D,2G - Keep 6F-3D-1G
    F:Pastrnak-Marner-Kucherov-Duchene-Svechnikov-Raymond
    D:Doughty-Bouchard-Byram
    G:Saros

2008-09 DPFHL Champion

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by cpalermo84 View Post
    At this rate i say he hits 70!
    A 21 year old defenseman hitting 70 points would be remarkable IMO. But if anyone can do it it's Karlsson.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Karlsson vs Doughty

Over the next 3 years...who's the guy to own productionwise? Double D has had a rough year but has always been figured a top 3 or 4 offensive defenceman moving forward. Still true? Who rounds out the top 5 over the next 3 years? In order?

Guessing names will include
    Doughty
    Karlsson
    Weber
    Green? If he's healthy?
    ?????

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Over the next 3 years...who's the guy to own productionwise? Double D has had a rough year but has always been figured a top 3 or 4 offensive defenceman moving forward. Still true? Who rounds out the top 5 over the next 3 years? In order?

Guessing names will include
    Doughty
    Karlsson
    Weber
    Green? If he's healthy?
    ?????
    Has to be Karlsson, hands down IMO. The only debate will be if/when Green is healthy and where he ends up.

I traded for Doughty a couple of weeks ago and have been watching the Kings closely ever since and Doughty has not impressed me. I'm chalking this year up to a "down year" for him, but he looks a bit sluggish and isn't playing with the same offensive flair he showed a couple years ago. To make matters worse, the Kings seem to be struggling to generate any type of surging offense as a team.

As for the other guys, Weber is a beast but I want to see how it shakes out in Nashville. Yandle is a wizard and an incredible catalyst but the Yotes need to get better before he's smashing 60. Letang needs to be in the discussion but his value is a bit tarnished by injuries and team-dependency.

To me, Karlsson IS the engine that drives the Senators offense. He plays as much as he wants and is a staple on the PP. His skill level is off the charts and his confidence is scary. If/when the Senators get better, Karlsson is a 70-80 point threat. He has 37 points in 40GP this year and I've seen him hit 4 posts, miss 1 clear empty-netter and lose out on a handful of assists on "goals" that should have been scored in front by his teammates. I can honestly say that Karlsson could easily have had 41-43 points at least right now.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Has to be Karlsson, hands down IMO. The only debate will be if/when Green is healthy and where he ends up.

I traded for Doughty a couple of weeks ago and have been watching the Kings closely ever since and Doughty has not impressed me. I'm chalking this year up to a "down year" for him, but he looks a bit sluggish and isn't playing with the same offensive flair he showed a couple years ago. To make matters worse, the Kings seem to be struggling to generate any type of surging offense as a team.

As for the other guys, Weber is a beast but I want to see how it shakes out in Nashville. Yandle is a wizard and an incredible catalyst but the Yotes need to get better before he's smashing 60. Letang needs to be in the discussion but his value is a bit tarnished by injuries and team-dependency.

To me, Karlsson IS the engine that drives the Senators offense. He plays as much as he wants and is a staple on the PP. His skill level is off the charts and his confidence is scary. If/when the Senators get better, Karlsson is a 70-80 point threat. He has 37 points in 40GP this year and I've seen him hit 4 posts, miss 1 clear empty-netter and lose out on a handful of assists on "goals" that should have been scored in front by his teammates. I can honestly say that Karlsson could easily have had 41-43 points at least right now.
    Fungchen, what do you see this kid signing for? Are we talking Myers money, or Doughty money?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'll be the first to admit, I haven't given karlsson near enough credit in the past.

I still take Doughty, Green, and Letang before him in a keeper though. Karlsson has proved me very wrong already though, so don't listen to me.