Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Karlsson = Respect!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Ouch. Umm, that's why you run your crazy trade proposals by us first so we can talk you down.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure nobody on this forum would have pegged Karlsson as a top 3 Dman at the start of the season.

Hell, he wasn't even in my top 10 to be honest.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure nobody on this forum would have pegged Karlsson as a top 3 Dman at the start of the season.

If me or MT were in the thread, we would have. No joke. But the fact the he doesn't even remember the player means they were fringe. This time last season I never would have traded Karlsson for a "depth" player lol.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Pro

Karlsson is for real in my eyes and he is dynamic and a beast. I am very happy that I got him in the 2nd round!
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

Funny. There's a post somewhere on here with my name on it, from early last season. In it, I say there are only two Ds I'd ever take over Karlsson: Green and Doughty.

Well, I had the Karlsson part right. Couldn't have been more wrong with the rest of that statement, though. Fortunately, I was never able to land Doughty or Green.

Dobber Sports Veteran

A year and a half ago, Jeff Angus was on a Vancouver radio station (I think it was Vancouver) saying that he would rank Karlsson #2 behind Green in keeper league defenceman. The host was like "really!?!?" It seemed like a reach last year but not so much these days.

Banned

Karlsson is the best offensive d-man in the league, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't trade him in my league for the right price.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Karlsson is the best offensive d-man in the league, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't trade him in my league for the right price.
    The right price for me is the GM who has Stamkos offering me Stamkos, Ekman-Larsson and Brendan Smith for Karlsson. Anything short of that = no dice. So, yeah, everyone has a "price" but for Karlsson it's astronomical.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Ace

Come on Fungchen, those asking prices are ridiculous. Yes dmen have an advantage to forwards as there are less who get elite points but if you wouldn't take a Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin it's insane.

He hasn't even reached 70 points once yet and were not taking guys who have hit 100 points??

If that were the case then Nicklas Lidstrom in his prime should have demanded a Lemieux ++??

I rate Karlsson very high, I even chose him over Mike Green and Yandle in a keeper this year but I would not have to think twice if one of the big 4 were offered to me.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sakic19 View Post
    Come on Fungchen, those asking prices are ridiculous. Yes dmen have an advantage to forwards as there are less who get elite points but if you wouldn't take a Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin it's insane. He hasn't even reached 70 points once yet and were not taking guys who have hit 100 points??
    To understand my league, D points are practically double those of Forwards. So what type of a value do you place on a D-Man who could give you 65-70 points (which is like a forward who gets you 125). You can chug the Crosby Juice all you want but there's no way on earth I'm giving up Karlsson for a player who missed 11 months with a concussion and after an 8 game return is out again indefinitely after taking a routine hit. Even a 100% healthy Crosby would be a WASH with Karlsson in my league - damaged goods Crosby isn't close. Malkin, no thanks and Ovechkin, no thanks. The other day Malkin had 3 assists and that equaled 3 pool points in my league. Karlsson had a PP Goal and an assist and that was worth 6.

Quote Originally Posted by sakic19 View Post
    If that were the case then Nicklas Lidstrom in his prime should have demanded a Lemieux ++??
    How so? You can't compare a 115-120 point player like Crosby to an all-time great who put up 199 and 160 (in 67GP). I've owned Mario in leagues when he was shredding fantasy leagues - the "Big 4" you speak of today don't even come CLOSE to that. And, yes, I wouldn't trade Nicklas Lidstrom in his prime for Crosby, Ovechkin, etc. today either - not in my formats.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Legend

Sakic,

Oh, and I forget to mention that Karlsson is my favorite player, so there's a "personal premium value" that's placed on him in my eyes

I own Crosby in a league and would deal him tomorrow if I could. I want no parts of Malkin because I hate him more than any player in the league, sans Avery and Ott. I'm a fan of Ovechkin but he's starting to make me nervous. I like Giroux and Stamkos the best out of the bunch which is why one of them PLUS would have to be included - even then I might decline. Why not be able to cheer for your favorite player on your fantasy team for the next 10-15 years? To me that's more fun than anything.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Sakic,

Oh, and I forget to mention that Karlsson is my favorite player, so there's a "personal premium value" that's placed on him in my eyes

I own Crosby in a league and would deal him tomorrow if I could. I want no parts of Malkin because I hate him more than any player in the league, sans Avery and Ott. I'm a fan of Ovechkin but he's starting to make me nervous. I like Giroux and Stamkos the best out of the bunch which is why one of them PLUS would have to be included - even then I might decline. Why not be able to cheer for your favorite player on your fantasy team for the next 10-15 years? To me that's more fun than anything.
    Personal Premium Value + Your league being TAILOR MADE for elite offensive D-men = Karlsson MVP-worthy
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Personal Premium Value + Your league being TAILOR MADE for elite offensive D-men = Karlsson MVP-worthy
    That's the way I see it. Just to toss out a benchmark - when Green was dominating, he was the jewel of my league...more valuable straight up than any of the elite Forwards. Nicklas Lidstrom is still a monster in my format, even at 57 years old.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Banned

and he's now EVEN on the year.

Dobber Sports Pro

I am so happy I picked this kid up.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    and he's now EVEN on the year.
    +/- doesn't matter in my leagues so that can't even bring the kid down. He's a monster.
    8-GM / WK-H2H