Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Karlsson = Respect!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Karlsson = Respect!!

I'm so happy to be a Karlsson owner right now!! Loving the bragging rights in my pool. Now, does he keep up this pace or at least keep up a respectable pace.....or is it time to sell high on him. I've had quite a few decent offers but don't know if he's one of those "sell high while you can" players. My gut tells me he's not....hence why I still have him. I think a 60-65 point season is a reasonable prediction......thoughts?
    14 team points only league
    9 forwards (3 of each position)
    4 defense
    2 goalies
    farm team option
    Must submit top 4 pointing players back into draft at end of every season
    14 rounds
    Can only carry over 12 players each year

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't think there's any reason to think he's a sell high player.

Ottawa is scoring at a nice clip, and is doing better than I had expected, but I've got to think they've got a lot of room to build and improve. He's a young stud and he'll be a part of anything they do there.

Basically, if he's doing what he's doing at this age with this much responsibility, just imagine what he'll become.

I do think he could slow down this year, so if he's not a keeper or if you can't hang on to him beyond this season, I think there are offers worth exploring. Again, I think Ottawa is doing a bit more than I had expected, and they could slow down as a group.

But in a keeper, I think he's an absolute champ. And it would take a really great offer to move him in a one-year as well.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Administrator

Karlsson is a top scoring dman for many years to come. Treat him as such. He has a price but it should be a very high one.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

But in a keeper, I think he's an absolute champ. And it would take a really great offer to move him in a one-year as well.[/QUOTE]

Yep, keeper league and yes I should be able to keep him if I don't sell too many of my top point getters.
    4 defense
    2 goalies
    farm team option
    14 rounds

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I don't think there's any reason to think he's a sell high player.

Ottawa is scoring at a nice clip, and is doing better than I had expected, but I've got to think they've got a lot of room to build and improve. He's a young stud and he'll be a part of anything they do there.

Basically, if he's doing what he's doing at this age with this much responsibility, just imagine what he'll become.

I do think he could slow down this year, so if he's not a keeper or if you can't hang on to him beyond this season, I think there are offers worth exploring. Again, I think Ottawa is doing a bit more than I had expected, and they could slow down as a group.

But in a keeper, I think he's an absolute champ. And it would take a really great offer to move him in a one-year as well.
    Yep, keeper league.
    4 defense
    2 goalies
    farm team option
    14 rounds

Dobber Sports Stud

At the start of the year I said the only d-men offers I'd listen to on Karlsson had to include one of: Letang, Yandle or Doughty. I take that back now, there are no other d-men in the league I'd rather own!

I've watched this kid a lot this year and he's becoming my favourite player in the NHL to watch (This is saying a lot since I'm a Leafs Fan). His creativity and vision are superb, his shot is a cannon and his skating.....oh man....this is starting to enter 'man crush' territory.

There is no 'selling high' on Karlsson, I can guarantee you that. This kid is as real as it gets and he's still improving. Unless you're BLOWN away by an offer just sit tight.

Dobber Sports Veteran

He is he new Mike Green. He's on pace now to shatter 70 points this year.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    He is he new Mike Green. He's on pace now to shatter 70 points this year.
    I would really temper these expectations though. I do think he's a stud. I'd also wager he finished below that number.

Spezza is healthy -- will he be healthy all year?
    Michalek has been a shock this year -- can that scoring continue?
    Ottawa has been surprisingly good -- not sure they're a legit playoff team or that their goals per game will stay as it is.

Again, it would take a lot to trade him, but in a one-year I'd listen. If someone was willing to pay as if he were a 70pt d-man, I think I'd gamble he doesn't get there.

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am thinking of dropping Berglund from my team, and picking up Karlsson. Using our pool set up of 2 pts/G, 1 pt/A, Berglund has me 21 pts, and Karlsson has 34 pts. So I would be gaining 13 pts., but I have to decide pronto. My question is will Karlsson start to score more goals. (His scoring % was higher last year), and does this move make sense?
    1 yr. pool, 2pts/Goal,1pt/Ast.,no pos.requirements, 15 team league, all players count, 1 drop only:
    Stamkos, Toews, Duchesne, Benn, Simmonds, Burns, Read, Atkinson, Dubinsky, Boedker

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    He is he new Mike Green.
    That was a low blow haha

Karlsson has officially supplanted Letang as my #2 defenseman behind Yandle the Handle.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sam moran View Post
    I am thinking of dropping Berglund from my team, and picking up Karlsson. Using our pool set up of 2 pts/G, 1 pt/A, Berglund has me 21 pts, and Karlsson has 34 pts. So I would be gaining 13 pts., but I have to decide pronto. My question is will Karlsson start to score more goals. (His scoring % was higher last year), and does this move make sense?
    The fact that he is not owned is criminal. The fun i would have in a league like this!
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I would really temper these expectations though. I do think he's a stud. I'd also wager he finished below that number.

Spezza is healthy -- will he be healthy all year?
    Michalek has been a shock this year -- can that scoring continue?
    Ottawa has been surprisingly good -- not sure they're a legit playoff team or that their goals per game will stay as it is.

Again, it would take a lot to trade him, but in a one-year I'd listen. If someone was willing to pay as if he were a 70pt d-man, I think I'd gamble he doesn't get there.
    You're making the assumption that Karlsson is somehow riding the wave of success these Ottawa forwards are having......that thinking is COMPLETELY backwards from what I've seen so far this season. These players are benefiting from playing with Karlsson!!

Karlsson is a stud blueliner and there's no doubt about it.

Dobber Sports Legend

In most point-only, keeper formats I wouldn't trade Karlsson for ANY single player. Stud D-Men are a rare commodity, especially ones that are producing at a rapid pace at age 21. There's no reason to think Karlsson isn't a 60-70 point Defenseman from here on out. In most of the leagues I play in, D points are bonused which makes Karlsson completely untouchable.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Expert

The fact is...Karlsson is a stud in any format, 1 year or keeper. You must protect him and I wouldn't consider trading him.

On a side note....I come to these threads to read glowing reports and feedback about 1 of the D man I own who I like. Please....nobody else mention Mike Green.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    You're making the assumption that Karlsson is somehow riding the wave of success these Ottawa forwards are having......that thinking is COMPLETELY backwards from what I've seen so far this season. These players are benefiting from playing with Karlsson!!

Karlsson is a stud blueliner and there's no doubt about it.
    Never assumed he was riding the wave -- but in the end, if Spezza goes down, or the team starts struggling, he'll lose out.

Last year, Byfuglien looked like a 70 point d-man. Letang was the same. They're both studs too, but it's hard to sustain that pace.

When Green did it, he was on a team with a ridiculous scoring philosophy, an unbelievable supporting cast, and he netted a load of goals. If someone will pay banking he's a 70 pointer this season (in a one-year), I'd definitely listen to offers.

Can Karlsson put up 70 this season? Sure.
    Would I bet on the under? Yes.