Thread: #Hartnelldown

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default #Hartnelldown

I am really impressed with Harntell's ability to take criticism and turn it into a positive. I think human nature would be to react the opposite way and shut it down. Instead Hartnell embraces it and rewards charity as a result.

I know he gets a lot of smack from flyers fans (myself included) but these are the type of stories that makes things more personable.

I also think Hartnell got the message from management. He is having an exceptional year and is the only OCC crew member still around (richards, carter, lupul, Upshall, Leino).

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.com/

DENVER – Like any other hardcore Flyers fan, Seth Hastings was overtly frustrated with Scott Hartnell’s propensity to fall to the ice with regularity over the course of last season.

It got to be so ridiculous, in Hastings’ mind that he decided to keep track of every stumble publicly using his Twitter account (@SethDH) to memorialize each fall with the hash tag #Hartnelldown.

It quickly became a trending tag during Flyers games, with fans and media alike using it to reference every time Hartnell fell on his britches.

But something changed this season in a way that Hastings could never imagine.
    Hartnell created his own Twitter account (@Hartsy19) and immediately followed Hastings. He reached out to Hastings to find out about the hash tag and decided that the two could work together to turn the tag into a positive......
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think Hartnell's one of those really cool dudes off the ice. I really liked what little I saw of him on 24/7 last week.

And to think b0ndon was bashing him mercilessly at the start of the season... go **** yourself b0ndon

Dobber Sports Master

He's one of those guys that you hate when you play him, but as said on 24/7, can be "the best teammate on the ice".

Good for Hartnell, I'm a fan.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel