Thread: Roly Poly

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Roly Poly

Is Roloson done? He was dropped, but I can't find a reason to pick him up except that Garon isn't a starter and eventually Roly has to get another shot.

Or is it trade time for Tampa & retirement for Roly?
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Ninja

Outlook not good. Wouldn't count on anything honestly. Keep an eye on him but I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him now
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Depends what you have in goal - if you are desperate .....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Garon confirmed half an hour ago for tonight by Erik Erlendsson. That makes it two out of eight games so far this month where Roloson has started...and in his last one he got destroyed and only lasted 20 minutes.

Yikes. I almost drafted Roloson as my #3 this year in a couple of leagues too.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'll shed a single tear as I type this, I DID draft him. It was a desperation move as goalies started flying off the shelf and I was stuck with him, Varlamov and Neuvirth ... sorry, the tars are flying now.

So I dumped Roloson, finally, two weeks ago and haven't looked back. I'm running with Montoya and Varly, not ideal but I have Crosby out there hoping for someone to bite on a goalie upgrade, but don't regret the Roli move. In our points format, over the last 30 days he's accumulated 1.80 fantasy points! To put that into perspective S Mason has 15, Giggy & Dubnyk 20. If only compare him to others with 6 starts in that period: Dubnyk 20, Halak 36! Gustafsson 50, Emery 45?

So to wrap up my long windedness, slowly turn and walk away!
    12 team H2H Fantasy Points:
    P=4 PIM=0.1 PPP=1 SHP=3 GWG=1.5 SOG=0.25 HIT=0.1 BLK=0.2
    GS=1 W=5 L=-3 GA=-1 SV=.2 & SO=10

F: M Tkachuk, Kucherov, Pettersson, Fiala, Reinhart, Konecny, Terry, Ehlers
    D: Werenski, Andersson, Weegar
    G: Shesterkin, Hill, Gustavsson
    IR: Kane, Svechnikov

Keep 4 bolded (based on last season keepers)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I certainly (and thankfully) don't need him. I'm making another trade and might need a G at some point so just considering the outlook. I've been gambling on goalies a lot this year and so far it's worked out.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Wizard

I still believe Roloson can turn it around....he's been awfully consistent for years and at times has been a top goalie in the league. I just can't believe someone can go from that to total garbage in a span of 3 months.

I wouldn't rush out and pick him up right away or anything, but I would definitely keep an eye on him.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

Well, as with most issues, its not just the goalie in a vacuum.

Tampa's D is weak and their offense has slumped....many saw last year's playoff run as a signal for continued success this year, but I saw it as one of the last gasps of the older core leading to a team starting to decline...

I would steer clear of Roloson at his very advanced age, Garon is ok at best, the D beyond Hedman is weak, Gagne leaving hurt them, Downie/Purcell have regressed, Malone is what he is and, while Stamkos is still great and St. Louis & Vinny have done pretty well, they still have little depth behind the stars and will eventually need to re-tool.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)