Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Wild

Dobber Sports Ninja

Great story that I think deserves recognition:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi...6.html?refer=y

FARGO, N.D. - Minnesota Wild center Matt Cullen has pledged a $1 million gift to a children's hospital near his hometown.

The Wild and the Cullen Children's Foundation announced the donation on Friday. Cullen and his wife, Bridget, formed the foundation in 2003 to fund children's health care needs, with an emphasis on cancer. The gift is going to the Sanford Health Foundation in Fargo, N.D., across the Minnesota border from Cullen's hometown of Moorhead.

The money will create a 3,000-square-foot, hockey-themed play and learning area for kids in the hospital. About three-fourths of the donation is for design, construction and furnishings, with the rest of the fund for a permanent endowment to support operations.

The 35-year-old Cullen is entering his third season with the Wild.

Dobber Sports Pro

I now have the honour/honor of representing the Minnesota Wild in the Dobber Hockey forums. I am very excited, plus this is a very interesting franchise to follow. I will be posting here as frequently as possible and will have news, thoughts, info, and all things Wild coming in the near future.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    I now have the honour/honor of representing the Minnesota Wild in the Dobber Hockey forums. I am very excited, plus this is a very interesting franchise to follow. I will be posting here as frequently as possible and will have news, thoughts, info, and all things Wild coming in the near future.
    Awesome Ross! Great to see you covering the Wild. Love hearing your thoughts in general.

Dobber Sports Guru

Good stuff Ross!! This team deserves to have some coverage this year.

Dobber Sports Pro

I guess a good way to start this off is to explain my history/intrigue with the organization. It started a couple of years ago when I met a guy at university who is best friends with former Wild player and 1st round draft pick James Sheppard. Watching games with Andy was really cool, and I have maintained my interest with the Wild organization ever since. I also still cheer for James, and hope he can make his way back into the NHL.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Great that you are doing this, Ross - think you landed the gig at the right time from a perspective of the team becoming much more interesting to watch.

Anyway, how about the goaltending this season? Any ideas what to expect regarding starts for Backstrom and Harding?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Great that you are doing this, Ross - think you landed the gig at the right time from a perspective of the team becoming much more interesting to watch.

Anyway, how about the goaltending this season? Any ideas what to expect regarding starts for Backstrom and Harding?
    I am the midst of soccer provincials, moving apartments, and an expanded role at work, will offer my insight as soon as possible if that is ok! Cheers bare feet

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah that's fine - I'm kinda thinking 50 + starts for Backstrom give or take a few.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Yeah that's fine - I'm kinda thinking 50 + starts for Backstrom give or take a few.
    I think that is a fair prediction. I believe that the Wild won't be afraid to pull a trade this season in order to shore up a weakness, so Harding could see an extended period of starts to raise his value. Hackett is a very capable back-up goaltender if Harding is moved, and the Wild will look to keep Backstrom fresh both from solid play in the defensive zone, as well as through a couple less starts. From a strategy stand point for the Wild, I believe 50-odd starts for Backstrom would be best for both parties if a playoff run is to occur.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks Ross - seems to confirm my thoughts. Now to figure out if he is worth trading for.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I was wondering what you guys think the lineups will be like this season (if there is one)
    does Dany see time on the top line?
    Granlund 2nd line centre?
    Year 4 of 10 year Keeper
    10 team league
    G-3 A-2 P-1 PPP-1 SHG-2 GWG-2 PM-0.5
    W-4 GA- -1 S- 0.2 SHO- 4

Dobber Sports Pro

I've heard that Granlund can play the wing but if I had to guess I see this.

RW - C - LW
    Heatly - Koivu - Parise
    Setoguchi - Granlund - Bouchard

When Bouchard gets injured, look for them to give Coyle a look.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Pro

Rotoworld:

Johan Larsson - W - Wild
    Johan Larsson is showing some two-way skills early in training camp with other rookies of the Minnesota Wild.
    Larsson will get some seasoning with Houston of the AHL and should develop as a hard-working, two-way player with the Minnesota Wild. Larsson captained the Swedish team to the World Junior Championship last season.
    Source: Michael Russo on Twitter Sep 30 - 11:47 AM

Dobber Sports Pro

Rotoworld:

Nick Palmieri - W - Wild
    The expectation is that Nick Palmieri will sign an AHL deal soon in order to play for the Houston Aeros.
    Palmieri is a restricted free agent by NHL standards, but he's unable to sign an NHL contract due to the ongoing labor dispute. The contract is expected to be signed in the next couple of days so that the winger can join the Aeros at the start of training camp this week.
    Source: Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune Sep 30 - 10:50 AM

Dobber Sports Pro

Rotoworld:

Mikael Granlund - W - Wild
    Minnesota Wild top prospect Mikael Granlund is on the training camp roster of the AHL's Houston Aeros.
    As expected, Granlund is preparing to play the season in the AHL, his first in North America, even if there is no NHL action. Granlund is one of the absolute top prospects in the game and getting his feet wet int he AHL to acclimate himself to the North American style of play probably isn't a bad idea. He should be a target in a ll keeper leagues.
    Source: Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune Sep 30 - 9:39 AM

Tyler Graovac - C - Wild
    Tyler Graovac had a hat trick in the Ottawa 67's 8-1 victory over the Erie Otters.
    Graovac has four goals in four OHL games this season. He was taken by the Minnesota Wild in the seventh round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
    Sep 29 - 6:00 PM