Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Wild

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Minnesota Wild

I've been offered Granlund and I'm wondering how he's been this year (I don't get many Minnesota games)? If I acquired him, it would likely be as a keeper for next year, so long-ish term production is pretty much what is interesting me here. Any guesses on what his production will look like for the next 2-3 years?

Thanks!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Icon

Granlund has arguably been the Wild's best forward all season. I don't think anyone on the Wild is going to get 65 points in a season any time soon. They tend to use 3 lines and two PP units fairly evenly. Granlund has been playing with Koivu all year and I expect that to continue. What you see so far this season is probably what you should expect. I predict he will finish the year with between 45 and 55 points.

Dobber Sports Icon

New lines in Minnesota. I have no idea what order to put them in since they don't really have lines 1 to 4 anymore.

Zucker - Koivu - Granlund
    Parise - Staal - Stewart
    Niederreiter - Hanzal - White
    Coyle - Haula - Pominville

Is there a deeper group of forwards in the NHL right now?

The "4th" line has two guys with 39 or more points this year. The "3rd" line has a guy with 46 points and another with 29.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    New lines in Minnesota. I have no idea what order to put them in since they don't really have lines 1 to 4 anymore.

Zucker - Koivu - Granlund
    Parise - Staal - Stewart
    Niederreiter - Hanzal - White
    Coyle - Haula - Pominville

Is there a deeper group of forwards in the NHL right now?

The "4th" line has two guys with 39 or more points this year. The "3rd" line has a guy with 46 points and another with 29.
    That is a deep forward group. I wonder which line they toss out against the other teams top lines?

Dobber Sports Icon

My guess is that Boudreau will continue to use the Koivu - Zucker - Granlund line as its shutdown line. They have been playing against the other teams top line most of the year as well as getting a higher percentage of the d-zone starts.

Dobber Sports Icon

Wild lines at practice today:

Eriksson-Ek - Staal - Parise*
    Zucker - Koivu - Stewart
    Winnik - Cullen - Ennis
    Gustav Olofsson - Ass't Coach Darby Hendrickson

Parise left practice early after suffering a setback and was replaced with Olofsson leaving Hendrickson skating by himself. The Wild will be recalling a few forwards on Thursday to play on Friday and Saturday. Granlund skated today but not with the team. Foligno had an off-ice workout today. Neither of these two have been ruled out for Friday's game yet.

Dobber Sports Pro

Is Ennis likely to stick on that top PP while they are short staffed due to injuries? His 4 points in 4 games (2 PP goals last game) is appealing so far in a very deep league.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Is Ennis likely to stick on that top PP while they are short staffed due to injuries? His 4 points in 4 games (2 PP goals last game) is appealing so far in a very deep league.
    As a Wild fan, I'd say that's a big IF since it sounds like Granlund will be back very soon, even with Coyle and Nino out for foreseeable future. Boudreau will likely do some shuffling once Granny is back and I would not be surprised to see Ennis lose some PP minutes.

Dobber Sports Icon

Ennis will probably be PP2 for the majority of the season

Dobber Sports Ace

Has anyone been seeing how Greenway has done so far this camp? Do you think he has a legit top 6/9 spot locked down and will receive some pp minutes?
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Icon

Greenway has been playing center between Coyle and Eriksson Ek. He has looked very good and I don't foresee any reason that he will not start the season in the top 9. He should get some PP2 time.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

There was a really good article about this on The Athletic. Guys like Coyle are impressed with Greenway and feel that putting him at center is a game changer because of his size and skill.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    There was a really good article about this on The Athletic. Guys like Coyle are impressed with Greenway and feel that putting him at center is a game changer because of his size and skill.
    If he does play center that will be huge fantasy wise as I thought he was a winger originally. The more and more I read about this guy the more I am impressed with his skillset. He drove me nuts every world jrs cause he would just dominate when the games mattered the most
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Veteran

Nico Sturm cut today

Minnesota Wild PR@mnwildPR
    The #mnwild today assigned forwards Gerald Mayhew and Nico Sturm to ⁦@IAWild⁩ and released forward Drew Stafford from his PTO, reducing its training camp roster to 26 players.

Dobber Sports Icon

Not that surprising based on who's on the Wild roster to start the year. I don't think this diminishes his future value at all though.

From The Athletic article:

"Sturmy (Nico Sturm) we thought was great,” coach Bruce Boudreau said after Friday’s practice. “We thought he was great. We think he’s going to play games here, but we don’t want him sitting as a 13th forward, him being a rookie. If he goes down and plays 30 games the way he did up here, then he’s going to push other people out of a job..."