Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Nashville Predators

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Nashville Predators

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Sissons at 2C is not going to move the needle. They need someone more dynamic. Willie Nylander (or even Kadri) perhaps? I know the boys in blue need a D real bad.
    Curious if you have watched him play at all? I have often over the last few years, and I come away impressed every time.

54% on faceoffs, starting 33% in the OZ every year. Still has a positive Corsi, GF/60 is 2.5, GA/60 is 1.7. His breakout fourth full season is coming next year with second line centre minutes (16/game to 19/game), and a new 6+ year deal of $3-4M.

The underrated players always get listed as star players like Barkov and Backstrom, but Sissons is one of those truly under-appreciated guys like Slavin last year.
    Capped writer for DobberHockey. Find the latest articles here: http://www.dobberhockey.com/Table/Hockey-home/Capped/
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Curious if you have watched him play at all? I have often over the last few years, and I come away impressed every time.

54% on faceoffs, starting 33% in the OZ every year. Still has a positive Corsi, GF/60 is 2.5, GA/60 is 1.7. His breakout fourth full season is coming next year with second line centre minutes (16/game to 19/game), and a new 6+ year deal of $3-4M.

The underrated players always get listed as star players like Barkov and Backstrom, but Sissons is one of those truly under-appreciated guys like Slavin last year.
    Yeah Ive seen him play a few times this year. Im no scout but he looks like a really solid 3C. The 2C has been a revolving door position for a long time now, Turris, Jarnkrok, Bonino etc. and the lack of a quality 2nd scoring line is a real weakness. I would be looking at trades, or even free agency, maybe a guy like Hayes who can generate offense.

2015, '16, '18 League Champ
    10-Team H2H (Multi-cat Points) Dynasty
    G/A/PIM/PPG/PPA/SHG/SHA/FOW/SOG/HIT/BLK/D Pts/W/SV/GA/SO

Daily 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 1Skt-Keep 26 in bold
    C: McDavid~Stamkos~Tavares~Zibanejad~Pettersson~Hintz
    LW: Ovechkin~Landeskog~B.Tkachuk~A.Svechnikov~N.Ritchie
    RW: Kucherov~Pastrnak~Rantanen~Kakko~Thomas~Neal
    D: Burns~Carlson~Dahlin~Heiskanen~Nurse~Rielly~Sergac hev~Cernak
    G: Andersen~Bob~Lehner
    Farm: Keep 22 for 150 NHL games
    (C) Steel~Glass~Hayton~Turcotte~Cozens
    (W) Comtois~Kaprizov~J.Robertson~Vesalainen~Caufield~K ravtsov
    (D) Bouchard~Byram~Dobson~K.Miller~Alexeyev
    (G) Demko~UPL~Primeau~Scott~Shesterkin~Sorokin~Konoval ov

The One

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Yeah Ive seen him play a few times this year. Im no scout but he looks like a really solid 3C. The 2C has been a revolving door position for a long time now, Turris, Jarnkrok, Bonino etc. and the lack of a quality 2nd scoring line is a real weakness. I would be looking at trades, or even free agency, maybe a guy like Hayes who can generate offense.
    Stick with your first thought, Nylander. Hayes doesn't really move the dynamic needle. Nashville has a lot of good offensive players, but Willie would bring some extra dazzle.

It seems like a match made in heaven. An abundance of dmen and an abundance of high skill forwards.

Josi's 1 year away from GETTING PAID. With Ellis bumping to 6.2m... Perhaps an Ellis, ____, ____ - Nylander, ____, ____ deal is a possibility
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.