Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Nashville Predators

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Nashville Predators

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Sissons at 2C is not going to move the needle. They need someone more dynamic. Willie Nylander (or even Kadri) perhaps? I know the boys in blue need a D real bad.
    Curious if you have watched him play at all? I have often over the last few years, and I come away impressed every time.

54% on faceoffs, starting 33% in the OZ every year. Still has a positive Corsi, GF/60 is 2.5, GA/60 is 1.7. His breakout fourth full season is coming next year with second line centre minutes (16/game to 19/game), and a new 6+ year deal of $3-4M.

The underrated players always get listed as star players like Barkov and Backstrom, but Sissons is one of those truly under-appreciated guys like Slavin last year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Curious if you have watched him play at all? I have often over the last few years, and I come away impressed every time.

54% on faceoffs, starting 33% in the OZ every year. Still has a positive Corsi, GF/60 is 2.5, GA/60 is 1.7. His breakout fourth full season is coming next year with second line centre minutes (16/game to 19/game), and a new 6+ year deal of $3-4M.

The underrated players always get listed as star players like Barkov and Backstrom, but Sissons is one of those truly under-appreciated guys like Slavin last year.
    Yeah Ive seen him play a few times this year. Im no scout but he looks like a really solid 3C. The 2C has been a revolving door position for a long time now, Turris, Jarnkrok, Bonino etc. and the lack of a quality 2nd scoring line is a real weakness. I would be looking at trades, or even free agency, maybe a guy like Hayes who can generate offense.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Yeah Ive seen him play a few times this year. Im no scout but he looks like a really solid 3C. The 2C has been a revolving door position for a long time now, Turris, Jarnkrok, Bonino etc. and the lack of a quality 2nd scoring line is a real weakness. I would be looking at trades, or even free agency, maybe a guy like Hayes who can generate offense.
    Stick with your first thought, Nylander. Hayes doesn't really move the dynamic needle. Nashville has a lot of good offensive players, but Willie would bring some extra dazzle.

It seems like a match made in heaven. An abundance of dmen and an abundance of high skill forwards.

Josi's 1 year away from GETTING PAID. With Ellis bumping to 6.2m... Perhaps an Ellis, ____, ____ - Nylander, ____, ____ deal is a possibility
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Has there been any word on how Tolvanen is doing in camp?
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    Has there been any word on how Tolvanen is doing in camp?
    He hasn't been knocking the doors down to guarantee he has a spot if that's what you're looking for. I think it's unlikely he start up with the big club just because of how deep the current forward group is.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Icon

Does Jusse Saros getting the start today end Pekka Rinne's streak of 89 consecutive Predator playoff games started? Or does this not count as an actual playoff game?

I know the NHL has ruled that the Vancouver Canucks have to beat Minnesota to make the playoffs (for the condition on their trade with TB). I also know that the stats from the play-in games are counting as playoff stats.

This is all very confusing.

Dobber Sports Titan

This is officially the "play-in-round" of the playoffs. So I think you can make it work for you either way you want.

Dobber Sports Icon

This is officially the "play-in-round" of the playoffs. So I think you can make it work for you either way you want.
    That's the NHL way!!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Just me spitballing for your Preds fans, but what do you think the thoughts are of the Preds looking at moving one of RyJo or Duchene in a deal to bring in some better scoring options? Both are 1Cs (maybe fringe, but I'd still call them both 1Cs) and the way I read things, they are looking to bring Tomasino up and give me a bigger role. Yes I know, they'd love to move Turris first, but we all know his value with his contract so I dont see that happening.

What do you think? Crazy idea or soemthing Poile should be considering?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Just me spitballing for your Preds fans, but what do you think the thoughts are of the Preds looking at moving one of RyJo or Duchene in a deal to bring in some better scoring options? Both are 1Cs (maybe fringe, but I'd still call them both 1Cs) and the way I read things, they are looking to bring Tomasino up and give me a bigger role. Yes I know, they'd love to move Turris first, but we all know his value with his contract so I dont see that happening.

What do you think? Crazy idea or soemthing Poile should be considering?

You think that Tomasino plays NHL right away?
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    You think that Tomasino plays NHL right away?
    i actually think he is ready , i just didnt thing Nashvile would play him...they never play young guys...but who knows, its 2020 after all!

and i hope its not 2021 before they play again lol
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

Poole need to be looking at all of his options, and trading one of RyJo or Duchene should be on the table. Getting another Dman for RyJo or Duchene would be huge. We're not going to re-coup Seth Jones, but they need a RD to play with Ekholm, and someone like Dumba, Cernak, or Pulock should be looked at (The latter two not likely in a straight deal for one of the centres due to the cap issues of their respective teams, but those cap issues are what make them more attainable via trade or even an offersheet). I would rather move Duchene, as RyJo has the chemistry with FF and Arvie, but Duchene is more likely to stay as their new FA signing.

Tomasino could be ready, and bringing him along as a third centre in their top nine with one of RyJo/Duchene, plus Bonino as the others could work. I would love to see him get the chance to show whether he is up to speed or not. From there, Turris/Sissons can manage the fourth line. Pitlick and Tolvanen are probably also ready to step up, and Smith/Granlund won't be re-signed.

Ideal 2020-2021 roster while still being realistic:

Forsberg - RyJo - Arvie
    Jarnkrok - Tomasino - Tolvanen
    Grimaldi - Bonino - Pitlick
    Turris - Sissons - Watson/Trenin
    (Grimaldi/Pitlick/Turris could be interchangeable)

Josi - Ellis
    Ekholm - Dumba
    Tinordi - Fabbro
    (All LD/RD pairs)

Saros
    Rinne

Out: Duchene
    In: Dumba
    Not re-signed: Smith, Granlund, Blackwell, Y. Weber, Holzer

Duchene can get shipped to the Wild, Rangers, Jets, or Red Wings to help their C depth, and then NSH could make something else work for Dumba, or even Duchene straight up for Dumba. He then slides in as a PP2 and RHD to play with the leftie Ekholm. Or a few draft picks in a trade that isn't quite an offersheet kind of thing for Cernak could work too as a cheaper alternative.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Poole need to be looking at all of his options, and trading one of RyJo or Duchene should be on the table. Getting another Dman for RyJo or Duchene would be huge. We're not going to re-coup Seth Jones, but they need a RD to play with Ekholm, and someone like Dumba, Cernak, or Pulock should be looked at (The latter two not likely in a straight deal for one of the centres due to the cap issues of their respective teams, but those cap issues are what make them more attainable via trade or even an offersheet). I would rather move Duchene, as RyJo has the chemistry with FF and Arvie, but Duchene is more likely to stay as their new FA signing.

Tomasino could be ready, and bringing him along as a third centre in their top nine with one of RyJo/Duchene, plus Bonino as the others could work. I would love to see him get the chance to show whether he is up to speed or not. From there, Turris/Sissons can manage the fourth line. Pitlick and Tolvanen are probably also ready to step up, and Smith/Granlund won't be re-signed.

Ideal 2020-2021 roster while still being realistic:

Forsberg - RyJo - Arvie
    Jarnkrok - Tomasino - Tolvanen
    Grimaldi - Bonino - Pitlick
    Turris - Sissons - Watson/Trenin
    (Grimaldi/Pitlick/Turris could be interchangeable)

Josi - Ellis
    Ekholm - Dumba
    Tinordi - Fabbro
    (All LD/RD pairs)

Saros
    Rinne

Out: Duchene
    In: Dumba
    Not re-signed: Smith, Granlund, Blackwell, Y. Weber, Holzer

Duchene can get shipped to the Wild, Rangers, Jets, or Red Wings to help their C depth, and then NSH could make something else work for Dumba, or even Duchene straight up for Dumba. He then slides in as a PP2 and RHD to play with the leftie Ekholm. Or a few draft picks in a trade that isn't quite an offersheet kind of thing for Cernak could work too as a cheaper alternative.
    Interesting. Sounds plausible. The second line especially.
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/brooksbratten/st...72288856031233

#Preds GM David Poile says he doesn't want to "over sign" free agents and instead give opportunities to some highly-touted prospects like Eeli Tolvanen and Philip Tomasino. Poile says Tomasino will play for Canada at the World Juniors before training camp.
    Interesting news about Tomasino being made available for Team Canada already.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    https://twitter.com/brooksbratten/st...72288856031233

Interesting news about Tomasino being made available for Team Canada already.
    I wonder if other teams will follow this course. Give their young guys some meaningful games being as the tourney is not going to fall in the middle of the season?