Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Nashville Predators

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Nashville Predators

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I wonder if other teams will follow this course. Give their young guys some meaningful games being as the tourney is not going to fall in the middle of the season?
    I would be surprised if they didn't. Likely going to be a dominant tourney from the North American teams as a result.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

If someone offered you Primeau (MTL) and a 1st round pick (around 10th overall) for Askarov, would you do it? I think I'd rather keep Askarov. Do we know when he might be in the system over here ?

Non-cap keeper, with mandatory prospect spots, so either one would be a prospect for a while but looking to develop a goalie asap.

The Great One

Yes I would do that. Both Primeau and Askarov have some time before they will sniff the starter job. That 10th overall is pretty good. I honestly don't know where Askarov fits in the Preds org and would not be surprised to see him traded a year or two from now. BPA not need on that draft pick. Primeau also has a larger body of work at the pro level and we know he's still tracking to be a quality NHL goalie. Askarov only has 3 games in the KHL so far. I think I'd take this trade.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

Any chance they fire John Hynes?

I was so surprised they hired him. Who hires a coach from a losing program...? Poile has been a savvy GM over the years but these last 2+ years, there have been a lot of mistakes. Trading Seth Jones. Sure they needed a C, but boy did that one not work out. Trading Fiala..

and the Hynes hire. I couldn't get behind it. Didn't get it.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont see ownership firing Poile, but that should be the next move IMO. The RyJo trade looked like a fair trade for both early on but as the years go by, it's definitely leaning towards CBJ coming out on top of that one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont see ownership firing Poile, but that should be the next move IMO. The RyJo trade looked like a fair trade for both early on but as the years go by, it's definitely leaning towards CBJ coming out on top of that one.
    I think it leaned and already fell over. Seth Jones is such a superior player.

Poile will likely resign. Heck maybe even after this year if things continue. Once a model of stability with Trotz, they've cycled pretty quickly through the coaches. I didn't like the Laviolette firing unless he wore himself out in the room, which I am sure he can do. It's too bad. They might have won a cup with Trotz had they kept him.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Titan

I have a piece coming out later today discussing potential replacements for Hynes. I don't think that's the only thing that needs to be fixed, but it's definitely one.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Master

I just wish I understood the rationale for the hire... It's not like Hynes had a track record of success.

They should have hired Lindy Ruff by the looks of it lol. I might have rolled the dice on Bylsma actually.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Titan

Hynes and Poile had some connection working together in the past on the international stage. He was also university roommates with assistant GM Jeff Kealty.

It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Hynes and Poile had some connection working together in the past on the international stage. He was also university roommates with assistant GM Jeff Kealty.

It's not what you know, it's who you know.
    And shouldn't be at this level.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    And shouldn't be at this level.
    Shouldn't be at any level or in any job, but it always comes down to that to some degree.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I think it leaned and already fell over. Seth Jones is such a superior player.
    I am not sure if this is a correct statement.

Screenshot 2021-02-24 102234.jpgScreenshot 2021-02-24 102419.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

They have different roles. I know based on their play since their trade, I would rather have Seth Jones on D than Ryan J up front. I believe he makes a bigger difference. His scoring rate is better by far over those years, even if the underlying numbers this year haven't been as good yet for Jones.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hynes/Poile was my pick in the first coach fired thread, and frankly, I'm shocked Julien got fired first.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Shouldn't be at any level or in any job, but it always comes down to that to some degree.
    Often true, although I have always felt it's fine for any very low-level position. I mean, entry-level is called that for a reason.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

I know they played a superior team and Ellis, Josi and Fabbro are all out...

But just fire Mr. Ketchup already... and bring back Col Mustard!
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin