Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Pens Report 12/22/11 [Line Combos]

I read the Pens Report, you get the highlights...

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

The Pens are practicing today w/ these line combos:

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
    Cooke/Williams-Staal-Kennedy
    Sullivan-Vitale-Dupuis
    Asham-Adams-MacIntyre

Orpik-Niskanen
    Despres-Engelland
    Picard-Lovejoy
    No real surprises here.

- Malkin / Staal back on the ice after maintenance days. Bylsma expects both to play Friday.

- Paul Martin NOT on the ice today for practice. Bylsma said he's still DTD.

- Bylsma in a super awesome Christmas Sweater and Coachspeak Section:

Coachspeak with Dan Bylsma…

On stressing communications between the defensemen:

Communication and talking is a huge factor on the ice in every situation, whether you know who your partner is tomorrow night or you don’t. I think the one thing you get – we used it in our team video – is that you can hear the communication via the television set. With the mics on the ice or the mics that are close to the arena, you can hear our players talking on the ice and communicating. That’s important for a lot of what we do. It’s extremely important when you’re playing with Carl Sneep one night, with Alexandre Picard the next night and with different pairings and different matchups.

On what goes into those communications:
    You pay a little bit more attention to those types of things with younger players or new guys in the lineup when you talk about the opponents. When we talk about team’s tendencies, it certainly runs into players’ individualities – like a (Thomas) Vanek. We talked about (Patrick) Kane and (Marian) Hossa in our last game, about what their tendencies are, what they like to do and what we can expect from them. We talked about (Patrick) Sharp and (Jonathan) Toews. We talked about their skilled players so that we have an understanding. We would do that anyways, but I think it’s a little bit more important to go through whole lineups when you have new players in. Simon (Despres) is coming up and might know a Vanek, but might not know other guys down the lineup.

On his interest in the Team USA World Junior Championship team:

I’ve been watching our guys for Team USA and Canada, so we’re aware that Archibald made the team. It’s great. I spent some time with that team over the summer, so I’m keenly interested in all those guys and the coaches and their success. We’ll be communicating with them via text once the tournament starts here. We’ll be watching as much as we can. We’re always anticipating a game somewhere down the line against Canada. The rivalry is there. It’s a big tournament and big games. I’m certainly watching our U.S. team and I’ll probably get to watch a few more as they get on towards the medal round.

On if seeing an opponent live like they’ll do with Winnipeg tonight is more beneficial than video:

It’s not a benefit because we’ve got to watch a live game then we’re going to have to cut the video, so it’s double work (laughs). The tendencies of a team and how they play come through a little bit more in person. The flow of the game, identity of teams in terms of how they can dictate and what they can do is a little bit more apparent versus dissecting plays on a video screen. Being there is definitely a benefit to understand where a team’s at, what their mindset is, what they’re going through at the time, how they respond in certain circumstances, and understanding how they’re trying to play the game. A lot of the times some of the systems will be the same. Different teams will play them differently based on what their identity is so we’ll get to see that live tonight, and I won’t be wearing this sweater.

On if it’ll be special Friday night playing against Winnipeg, the team that originally drafted him in the sixth round (109th overall) in 1989:

It’s a little different for me. Coaches aren’t allowed to put money on the board so we won’t have to deal with that scenario. I never got to go to training camp or play in Winnipeg as a Winnipeg Jet. I did get into their farm system my second year and played. I still have the hat and the t-shirt from when I got drafted even though I wasn’t at that draft. I still have that as a memento for my career. There is something special. I wish I would of played for the Winnipeg Jets. I was hoping they’d have the same logo when they went back to Winnipeg just because it was the first logo that I had. Even though I’m not playing I still have special feelings about it.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Giant

Default The Evolution of Evgeni Malkin

Great article from the HockeyWriters on "The Evolution of Evgeni Malkin"...

http://thehockeywriters.com/evolution-of-evgeni-malkin/

Preview:

Years ago, you could always find Malkin standing up on the bench waiting to get on the ice at the end of any game in which the Penguins had a multiple-goal lead. He wanted the empty-net goal to pad his stats.

Now Malkin says the points have become secondary. He knows the bounce of the puck can be tough to predict on a nightly basis, but there are other aspects of his game he can always control and his team and coach are relying on him to put in a consistent effort.
    The new Geno Malkin is pretty damn scary to the other 29 NHL teams.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports All-Star

Hey mounD, just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for the great job you are doing in here. It's been very informative and long overdue!

I also want to make sure that I get no credit for this thread as I know Gates had put my name in as co-manager of the thread. I only volunteered when we had no one to do it and you have taken the ball and chewed it into a million pieces.

Great work and have a great holidays buddy!!!
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Killer67 View Post
    Hey mounD, just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for the great job you are doing in here. It's been very informative and long overdue!

I also want to make sure that I get no credit for this thread as I know Gates had put my name in as co-manager of the thread. I only volunteered when we had no one to do it and you have taken the ball and chewed it into a million pieces.

Great work and have a great holidays buddy!!!
    If you'd like to contribute in any way, just go right ahead sir!

I'd certainly be happy to get the extra insight around here, and it only adds to the overall discussion around the Penguins.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, and I'll continue to do my best with the coverage. I hope everyone is enjoying what we're putting out here.

Merry Christmas / Happy Chanukah / Happy Kwanzaa to everyone!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Jingle Bell

Tis the season to give and receive...

On 12/20/11, Deryk Engelland gave several fans in attendence some holiday cheer as he smashed Marcus Kruger into the boards, creating a thunderous boom that brought several fans to their feet, cheering. Apparently, Mr.Shunahan took note of Engelland's feet (leaving him) as well as other technicalities that are easy to point out and critique in slow mo as opposed to game speed. Just in the Nick of time, the savior of hockey decides to save the day by placing a special holiday call to Mr. Engelland who received the "good news" of a 3 game suspension that will have him returning against the NJ Devils on Sat, Dec 31st.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...rn=nhl-wp20563

Although Engelland had no priors, it didn't prevent "Strandaman" from going Old Testament by executing the letter of law. Hey Brendan, where's the breakdown of the puckhandler's technical blunder? I guess this is a one-way street? Yes, Engelland was wrong for leaving his feet, but Kruger was wrong for having his head down. If his head was up, the odds would heavily be in favor of Mr. Kruger not being concussed. With that said, there's blame on Engelland and Kruger's part. Too bad for Engelland that neither his nor Kruger's involvement offsets the offense. Too bad for Kruger that Shanahan's ruling does absolutely nothing for those thoughts of sugar plums dancing in his concussed head. But if there ever was a time for a supernatural healing or a miracle on ice, i guess it would be now. Happy holidays all! I guess you too, Brendan.
    Last edited by One87; December 23, 2011 at 12:15 AM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Local Pittsburgh Kids have Big Dreams for WJC...

The Pittsburgh youth hockey movement over the past couple decades [the Lemieux generation as I like to call it] is starting to pay major dividends...

This year at the World Junior Championships, Pittsburgh hockey players will be very adequately represented, with the U.S. roster boasting 4 Pittsburgh "locals."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

Brandon Saad, J.T. Miller, Stephen Johns, and John Gibson [all PIT locals] will represent the United States team at the WJC this year.

Making Pittsburgh proud, boys...

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Pens Report 12/23/11 - Gameday @ WPG

I read the Pens Report, you get the highlights...

- Malkin, Sullivan and Kunitz did not participate in this morning's skate; however, Dan Bylsma expects all three will play tonight. Nothing to worry about here.

Let's start things off w/ Disco Dan Bylsma and his Coachspeak section:

Coachspeak with Dan Bylsma...

On if his Xmas sweater is returnable:

The tag is still in the back. Should I return it? (laughter). I€™ll take that as a yes.

On what he expects to see from Winnipeg:

I thought they played really well. They did a great job of attacking Montreal, coming in waves. They were good in their execution and forecheck, it turned into some offensive zone. They drew a lot of penalties, especially in the first period, and capitalized on that. They got the lead. It was as loud in here as I remember from last time, especially in that first period when they got going in the game.

On taking advantage of Winnipeg playing last night:

I think you€™re assuming a team is going to be tired from playing last night. It only happens if you make it that way. They€™ve been working hard and I expect them to play that way tonight, one game before the break. I know they want to keep their momentum going and string games together. I know they€™ve played a lot of games and will try to keep their shifts short and play aggressive. It€™s our job to make that a factor.

On how the Pens are playing:
    We won our last two games. Before that we had a stretch of four losses in five games. I like the way we played the last game. I like the way our guys are working right now. It€™s a challenge every night. It€™s tough games and tough buildings to play in. We are in the process of trying to put games together. We have 2 and this is the final one against a tough team in a tough building, a team that been working really hard.

On Engelland€™s suspension:

The league looks at every hit. They found reasons to suspend Deryk. I€™d like Deryk to play tonight.

- Bylsma's Xmas Sweater was classic. Refer to previous posts for pics!!! To clarify for everyone out there, he did in fact lose a bet. He has to wear the sweater all week...

- I particularly like Bylsma's [non]response when asked about Derek Engelland's 3 game suspension. Concise yet informative.

- Derek Engelland spoke about his suspension with the media:

On his suspension:
    They saw something that they thought was suspendable. It is what it is. I just have to be ready to play on the 31st.

On considering his first-time offender before suspending:

No, you can€™t if someone has no history. Something bad like that they can€™t just not give you anything. They have to treat everyone the same no matter if it€™s first time or fifth time. It is what it is.

On being a clean player kept it to 3 games:

I don€™t know. I can€™t say what they do. I€™ll just sit back and wait for the next game.

On if his suspension will make people think he€™s a dirty player:

I don€™t think so. I try to play a physical, clean game. I try not to do hurt anyone. Hopefully he€™s doing all right. The last thing I want is to injure someone. You want to play physical and let him know you€™re there, but I don€™t want to sit out with an injury and I€™m sure they don€™t either.

- The Penguins have recalled Defenseman Brian Strait from Wilkes-Barre of the AHL.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=607920

The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled defenseman Brian Strait from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League, it was announced by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

Strait, 23, will be spending his second stint of the season with Pittsburgh. In his lone NHL game this year at Minnesota on Oct. 18, Strait suffered a dislocated elbow that sidelined him for 25 games between Oct. 20-Dec. 17.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Strait returned to action earlier this week, appearing in one game for WBS. The Boston, MA native has played in six games this year for WBS, collecting one goal, four points and a plus-6 rating.

Strait, who was originally drafted by the Penguins in the third round (65th overall) of the 2006 NHL Draft, made his NHL debut with Pittsburgh on Feb. 21 of last season against Washington. He was scoreless in three NHL games in 2010-11.

Since turning professional prior to the €™09-10 season, Strait has appeared in 159 career AHL games for WBS, totaling 28 points (5G-23A) and a plus-50 rating. Before joining WBS, Strait played three collegiate seasons with Boston University of Hockey East, helping the Terriers capture the NCAA national title in 2009.
    - Obviously Zbynek Michalek is still on the shelf with concussion issues. He is a game-time decision again tonight. Bylsma still considers him DTD at this point. If Michalek cannot play, we will likely see a good bit of Strait this evening.

- I've highlighted Strait's WB-S Penguins statistics; of notice is his MONSTER +/- rating.

More highlights and recap to come throughout tonight's game... Enjoy the action, and I'll see all of you after the 1st period.

- mounD

Last edited by mounD; December 23, 2011 at 8:28 PM.

Dobber Sports Giant

Some good news for the Pittsburgh Penguins...

via @PensInsideScoop on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/PensInsideSco...80723805749248

#Pens Zbynek Michalek is on the ice for pregame warmups -Sam

Dobber Sports Giant

Default 12/23/11 Lineup @ WPG

Penguins lineup / line combos tonight:

As always, Bylsma will switch a ton of things up during the game; however Malkin's line will likely remain intact for most of the game:

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal [Neal and Malkin on 6g point streaks]
    Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
    Sullivan-VitaleDupuis [Sully looking for 700th pt]
    Williams-Adams-Asham

Orpik-Niskanen
    Despres-Michalek [birthday boy Z]
    Picard-Lovejoy
    - Great to have Michalek in the lineup. Pens getting healthy on the back-end.

See you after the 1st period...

Dobber Sports Giant

Default 12/23/11 @ Winnipeg Jets [1st Period Recap]:

- Adams-Staal-Asham to start the game tonight. Bylsma already mixing and matching lines.

- Neal and Malkin w/ some great chemistry to create an early scoring chance. Malkin one-hands the puck on net and net pushed off at 1:32 of the period.

- High sticking penalty called on Antropov at 3:32 of the period. Penguins on the PP [2 minutes].

Pens PP1:
    Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
    Sullivan-Niskanen

-Little action on the PP outside of a missed chance against for Burmistrov. Another SH chance from Slater off the crossbar and out of play. Penguins turnovers on the PP creating havoc and prime chances for the Jets. Lucky not to be behind. Staal, Williams and Despres all saw time on the second PP unit.
    - Staal looks good tonight so far. His skating has looked very smooth, and he€™s throwing the body in the early going. Certainly bodes well for a number of poolies I know.

- Anticipating an icing call w/ near 13 minutes to play, MAF has to make a huge save on Andrew Ladd totally uncontested. Soon after, Fleury is guilty of a penalty and the Jets go on the PP at 7:17 of the period. Asham served penalty.

- MAF with another save on a weird, bouncing puck early in the period. Looks a little out of place tonight. Burmistrov with a chance near 8 min of the period off a Byfuglien feed, goes just wide. Antropov misses puck in high slot, Pens clear. Much better chances for the Jets on their PP than the Pens; Pens kill.

- Tanner Glass and Aaron Asham drop the gloves at 9:38 of the period; pretty decent bout after a Glass hit on Evgeni Malkin.

- Malkin line doing some good work down low to produce Picard point-shot. Kunitz wreaking havoc in front of Pavalec. Scramble in front of the Pens net around the 10 minute mark, somehow puck stays out€ Wellwood follows up soon after with a GREAT chance around the net, Fleury with the save. Glove save on Antropov ~11 minutes of the period. MAF is ON FIRE with that save.

- The Penguins are currently just €œsurviving€ this game, MTS Centre is tough.

- A couple sneaky shots from Lovejoy at 12:16 of the period; good stuff to see. Lovejoy moving well, playing the puck with accuracy after the hand injury. Good news. Same goes for Michalek; looks very comfortable in his return from concussion.

- The Pittsburgh Penguins have already used 12 different Defensemen this season. Most in the NHL.

- Penguins lead 7-3 in SOG at the 14 minute mark of the 1st period. Despite dominating the play, and scoring chances, the Jets have already missed the net 11 times tonight.

- Vitale finds the loose puck off a Picard point-shot rebound and gives the Penguins a 1-0 lead at 13:59 of the 1st period; his second goal of the year. Massive, massive goal for the Pens on the road in a tough venue. Picard w/ the only Assist. [SOG 11-3 adv. PIT]

- Jets have really carried the play for much of the period; however, Vitale€™s goal seems to have shifted the momentum a bit. Crowd is a little quiet for a bit near the end of the first period.

-Evander Kane with a shot coming out of the corner at 16:50 of the period. Routine save for Fleury, but Kane does have a pretty big shot. Heavy Byfuglien shot blocked off the face-off, sacrificing the body€

- Another shot wide from Antropov on a 2-on-1 down low with Wellwood. That makes 12 shots wide this period.

- Staal w/ a chance after the 18:00 mark from a Matt Cooke feed out of the corner. Staal has been a bit snakebit lately in the offensive zone; however, he looks good tonight. Poolies should be confident about his status going forward.

- Kane and Wheeler looking deadly late in the period, but are unable to convert anything into a score€ Penguins go into the first period intermission with a 1-0 lead.

-Niskanen leads all Penguins with 7:56 TOI; Jordan Staal leads all Penguins forwards in TOI with 7:11; Evgeni Malkin leads Penguins in PP TOI with 1:52 on the man-advantage and 2 SOG.

Game Stats:

Score: 1-0 PIT
    SOG: 14-5 PIT
    FOW: 15-9 WPG
    Hits: 10-8 WPG

Dobber Sports Giant

- Penguins are 11-2-3 when leading after 1 period of play. Good stat for the Penguins.

- Ladd misses another opportunity wide near the 40 second mark. Jets can€™t hit the net tonight.

- Malkin starting the second period with Staal/Kunitz on his wings. I am willing to admit when I am wrong, and I claimed Malkin//Neal wouldn€™t be split up €“ especially with Crosby in the lineup. I think this is more a reflection of how good Staal has looked tonight. He deserves an opportunity with Geno.

- Cooke/Staal/Kennedy re-united on the next shift. I guess we€™ll see Neal-Malkin-Kunitz back together, as well. With Neal and Malkin both on 6-game point streaks, I would imagine Bylsma wants them together.

- Penguins announcers talking about it, so I figured I would also mention just how great a skater Ben Lovejoy is. The guy just has such a smooth stride, and his speed is just amazing.

- Neal-Malkin-Kunitz doing some great work in the offensive zone near the 3:30 mark in the period; good puck movement between Geno and Neal/Kunitz working the high triangle; Geno is such a good playmaker. Penguins are doing a pretty good job eliminating crowd factor.

- Staal line following up with another good shift. Kennedy and Staal moving the puck together very well. I would imagine Bylsma wants to work matchups in the hope of exploiting Byfuglien€™s questionable defense.

- Kunitz and Malkin on a 2-on-1 near the 6 minute mark; Kunitz shoots and is denied by Pavalec. Great save.

- Simon Despres is really effective at using his €œlength€ in the defensive zone. Getting sticks in lanes, positioning his body well to separate man from puck. This kid has serious potential as a shut-down defender in this league €“ not to mention his offensive skillset.

- Penguins doing a much better job of dictating play in the second period. First period was all about survival, but now the Penguins can get to their game.

- Neal with a couple good chances at the 8 minute mark; Puts a shot from the high slot off Pavelec and then Malkin puts a puck through the crease back to Neal for another opportunity€ couldn€™t put the puck in the open net.

- Alex Burmistrov scores off a beautiful cross-ice feed from Blake Wheeler at 11:11 of the period to tie the score at 1-1. Wheeler continues to be on fire; Evander Kane w/ the second Assist. It€™s a brand new hockey game, and the Fleury sing-song chant begins€ Penguins still lead SOG 18-8.

- Jets with great pressure on the ensuing shift; the crowd is really back into this game; Momentum could be shifting€ Jets are buzzing and Enstrom and Ladd combine for a chance around the 11 minute mark, but Ladd€™s chance goes wide.

I€™m sorry guys, but I have to suspend the coverage for tonight€ my Yahoo account has been compromised and I€™m freaking out about it. I need to figure that situation out so I can€™t cover the rest of the game. SORRY.
    Last edited by mounD; December 23, 2011 at 10:11 PM.

Dobber Sports Giant

Default 12/23/11 @ Winnipeg Jets [Postgame]:

- Penguins explode offensively in the Third period; getting goals from Neal, Staal and Dupuis this period. Anyone who thought Neal would have 20 goals by Christmas is a GENIUS.

- Kunitz had a great game tonight; banging bodies all over the place and setting up goals like a straight-up G. Kunitz had 2A, 7 SOG with a +1 rating in ~18 minutes of ice-time [5:08 on the PP]. Solid.

- Niskanen continues to get it done Defensively for the Penguins. He finished the game with a +2 rating, 4 SOG, and 21:21 of ice-time [3:43 on PP].

- Steve Sullivan scored his 700th point of his NHL career tonight with an Assist on Jordan Staal's 3rd period PPG. Congratulations to you, Steve.

- The Penguins held the WPG Jets to 19 SOG tonight, putting together a great defensive performance. Especially from the 2nd period onward, the Penguins were the much better team in this game; and the end result is a reflection of this defensive play. Having Michalek back, Lovejoy getting more comfortable, and Niskanen playing like the "hidden gem" that he is REALLY helps this Penguins team going into the Holiday break.

PENS WIN 4-1

Three Stars:

1. Chris Kunitz has a great game tonight, 2A, 7 SOG +1 rating [5+ minutes on the PP]. He was bangin' bodies all night and he gets my first star honors tonight.

2. Jordan Staal has been a bit disappointing recently for his owners; however, tonight he was a man on a mission. Staal fired home a PPG in the third period, and finished the game with 3 SOG and almost 22 minutes of ice-time [~4 min on the PP].

3. Marc-Andre Fleury played a very solid game tonight, making 18 saves on Winnipeg's 19 Shots on goal. Mainly threatening in the first period, Winnipeg's offense failed to convert in the first period - partially because of missed shots BUT - also because Fleury made some absolutely great saves when called upon. Nice to get the W going into the Christmas break.

Game Stats:

Score: 4-1 PIT
    SOG: 39-19 PIT
    FOW: 35-34 PIT
    Hits: 26-24 WPG
    Last edited by mounD; December 23, 2011 at 11:18 PM.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I will help out with some updates...news...whatever! I am a Fantasy Hockey Beatwriter for ROTOWIRE (cover the Caps) and am always looking into news on both the Fantasy side of things and in the "Burgh."

Love the idea, I will send to all my buddies. Let me know if you want help!

Brett
    Bax

Yahoo-12 Team-H2H-17 Roster/12 Active-10 SKT/2G/5BN
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,HITS / W,SV,GAA,SV%,SHO

C- Crosby, M. Koivu, Plekanec, Hodgson
    W- Hall, Lucic, Burrows, Callahan, Perron, Williams
    D- Letang, Kronwall, Franson, Zidlicky
    G- Smith (K), Kiprusoff, Lindback

FanTrax-8 Team-H2H-20 Roster/15 Active-13SKT/2G/5BN
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,SOG,HIT+BLK / W,SV,GAA, SV%,SHO

C- Tavares, E Staal, H Sedin, Hodgson
    W - Hall, Landeskog, Iginla, Ryan, Perron, Burrows, Brouwer
    D - Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, Timmonen, Kronwall, Martin
    G- Rinne, Bryzgalov, Varlamov, Holtby

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I will help out with some updates...news...whatever! I am a Fantasy Hockey Beatwriter for ROTOWIRE (cover the Caps) and am always looking into news on both the Fantasy side of things and in the "Burgh."

Love the idea, I will send to all my buddies. Let me know if you want help!

Brett
    Bax

Yahoo-12 Team-H2H-17 Roster/12 Active-10 SKT/2G/5BN
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,HITS / W,SV,GAA,SV%,SHO

C- Crosby, M. Koivu, Plekanec, Hodgson
    W- Hall, Lucic, Burrows, Callahan, Perron, Williams
    D- Letang, Kronwall, Franson, Zidlicky
    G- Smith (K), Kiprusoff, Lindback

FanTrax-8 Team-H2H-20 Roster/15 Active-13SKT/2G/5BN
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,SOG,HIT+BLK / W,SV,GAA, SV%,SHO

C- Tavares, E Staal, H Sedin, Hodgson
    W - Hall, Landeskog, Iginla, Ryan, Perron, Burrows, Brouwer
    D - Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, Timmonen, Kronwall, Martin
    G- Rinne, Bryzgalov, Varlamov, Holtby

Dobber Sports Wizard

With Michalek's return, Strait jas been sent down by the Pens:

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/...stait-12-24-11
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury