Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Pittsburgh Penguins

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL! No mention of the Leafs?

honestly IMO them getting it would be disastrous for how they move forward. Yes they get him on an ELC for a few years but then when the day comes to really pay him they are already in cap hell so they would have to be thinking from draft day who will eventually be shipped out of town to make room. And the Leafs now being eliminated early once again have cemented their status as a non contender in my book because there is really no excuse with that roster and how talented it already is.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    this franchise and Edmonton better not get first overall tonight, I mean no disrespect but let someone else have a star.
    Agreed... give it to a more deserving team like Toronto

Dobber Sports Superstar

if my team does not land him then I hope it's Minnesota who is in need of a youth injection and just a star in general. They've waited long enough for Kaprizov, they need a get out of your seat player. Fiala is good of course but Alexis is franchise material.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    if my team does not land him then I hope it's Minnesota who is in need of a youth injection and just a star in general. They've waited long enough for Kaprizov, they need a get out of your seat player. Fiala is good of course but Alexis is franchise material.
    Minny is clearly the most deserving and needed.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Matt Murray or Tristan Jarry likely will be traded by the Pittsburgh Penguins prior to next season, general manager Jim Rutherford said Monday.
    Not Surprising that one of them will get traded. Which one do you think will be on the move? And what do the Pens need in return that makes sense for them?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Not Surprising that one of them will get traded. Which one do you think will be on the move? And what do the Pens need in return that makes sense for them?
    Matt Murray, a.k.a. Cam Ward 2.0 will be the one going. It would be awesome to see him go to Carolina, but I think the return will be less than what some would expect. Maybe a mid-level D at best or a bottom pair D and a prospect or pick?

Dobber Sports Stud

Pittsburgh probably doesn’t want - can’t take by salary - much more than that. Murray leaving for ELC defenseman (Caleb Jones?) and a 3rd round pick and everyone’s happy.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think the Penguins trade whoever wants more money. Apparently they're not looking to spend to the cap next year, and that's an easy place to cut costs.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Almost doesn't matter which they deal. If the could find somebody willing to take Johnson's contract, that would be the best thing they could get "in return", but he's under contract for 3 more years. He's already not a NHL caliber defenseman, and at 36, he may not be an AHL caliber defenseman.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

The proverbial sharks are circling...

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...65706167570433

Hearing CHI/PIT had Matt Murray conversations and the Blackhawks had permission to discuss an extension. Things did not work out, so everyone continues examining their options.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Ron Hextall as a Penguin?

https://www.tsn.ca/pittsburgh-pengui...-job-1.1587679

I can’t imagine Flyers fans being thrilled with that prospect...

Pengwin7, PenguinHunter, you guys okay?

The Great One

12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post

I think it would be weird seeing Hextall as their GM, but you cant deny that he had a huge impact on building the Flyers into what they have become. The bigger questions will really come as to how much rope they will be given to make this team their own, no matter who takes the job. Is Mario going to veto more trades going forward? That would be a huge concern of mine if I were interviewing for this job.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    They showed a short list of options and Hextall was on the list.... I really don't want to see Ron Hextall and his patient approach taking over the nemesis...

Ron Hextall as a Penguin... please no.
    No, I would not like Hextall as a Penguin. Hextall is the main reason the Flyers are where they are today.

He showed great patience with the Flyers
    and I am sure that will help the Penguins in the long run.
    However, Penguins' fans probably want to see more victories now while Crosby is in the picture and before their window closes.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ace

This Penguin fan can absolutely tolerate a "re-build" as long as it's intentional and communicated.

Personally, I'd love to see Hextall as our GM even if that means trading away significant assets (Letang and Malkin). I'd prefer to keep Crosby for as many intangibles reasons as tangible. Also, in 4 years he might still be a fantastic #3 center.

Really hoping Mario hires a smart, patient GM.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras