Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with Doughty?

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    the team is sucking because their stars are sucking.
    This is true. I love Doughty, don't get me wrong. But if you want to be the man, holdout and all, and force your team to the brink of the cap with salary demands, you better well delivery the goods once you start cashing those fat checks. So far Doughty has come up tiny...and Blayze is right...his lack of production is a big problem for the Kings. I don't care how great he is in his own end, the Kings aren't paying him elite money to be Douglas Murray. He's supposed to be an offensive contributor and is being outpointed by Deryk Engelland, Luke Schenn and Josh Gorges - let that just sink in for a second.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Why do you always have to disagree with me? :P

I'm just saying - d-men don't create production all on their own. If the team isn't scoring goals, d-men aren't going to put up points.

You can blame Doughty all you want for their lack of scoring but seems a hell of a lot more reasonable to blame the coaching staff, the leaders of the team, the major offensive options (Kopitar, etc.).
    So in other words, blame everyone else making less money than Doughty---which is everyone.

Look, he held out like a spolied brat so that he could be the highest paid player on the team, so now when the team is going south, he better be prepared to take the criticism. The truth is he has done nothing to help the team this year. His play is one of the reasons why they suck. When and if he ever gets better, the team should too.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    So in other words, blame everyone else making less money than Doughty---which is everyone.

Look, he held out like a spolied brat so that he could be the highest paid player on the team, so now when the team is going south, he better be prepared to take the criticism. The truth is he has done nothing to help the team this year. His play is one of the reasons why they suck. When and if he ever gets better, the team should too.
    All you do is knock Doughty you'd think you were paying his salary.
    The Kings suck its not just Doughty, there are few scorers on this team.

Most times it's the agents fault for holdouts especially when the client is just 21. Man get over it, why are you rally mad at him? Just becuase you had him? Just trade him Im sure you can get a lot for him still.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    All you do is knock Doughty you'd think you were paying his salary.
    The Kings suck its not just Doughty, there are few scorers on this team.

Most times it's the agents fault for holdouts especially when the client is just 21. Man get over it, why are you rally mad at him? Just becuase you had him? Just trade him Im sure you can get a lot for him still.
    I've already told you this. I don't have him and I never have. I just think he gets a free pass because he had one good year and looked good in the Olympics. But that was then and this is now. He is an over paid player and I guess that makes me mad. I feel the same about Nash (most over rated player in maybe the history of hockey, a perennial 68 point player making 7 million dollars a year), Stastny, Lecavalier and many others. These are all guy that signed their big deals and then have not produced once they did. They all get complacent. They play in non traditional hockey markets where no one gives a shit about them. They can play golf before a practise, they can go to the best restaurants and no one will recongnize them. And they don't have to produce because the media doesn;t care there either.

Playing hockey is a priviledge that any of us would kill for and to me, it looks like these guys get their big pay day and then they stop caring. It's like marriage. You spend so much time courting the woman you want and you're in great shape, you have abs, you take her to the show and have dinner with her and you take your time in the bedroom. Once you get married, sex is 5 minutes, you get a beer gut and you go to McDonalds instead of the Keg. That's Doughty and all the rest of these over paid players. It irks me that they seem to take it all for granted.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    10 rounds of drafting

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    I've already told you this. I don't have him and I never have. I just think he gets a free pass because he had one good year and looked good in the Olympics. But that was then and this is now. He is an over paid player and I guess that makes me mad. I feel the same about Nash (most over rated player in maybe the history of hockey, a perennial 68 point player making 7 million dollars a year), Stastny, Lecavalier and many others. These are all guy that signed their big deals and then have not produced once they did. They all get complacent. They play in non traditional hockey markets where no one gives a shit about them. They can play golf before a practise, they can go to the best restaurants and no one will recongnize them. And they don't have to produce because the media doesn;t care there either.

Playing hockey is a priviledge that any of us would kill for and to me, it looks like these guys get their big pay day and then they stop caring. It's like marriage. You spend so much time courting the woman you want and you're in great shape, you have abs, you take her to the show and have dinner with her and you take your time in the bedroom. Once you get married, sex is 5 minutes, you get a beer gut and you go to McDonalds instead of the Keg. That's Doughty and all the rest of these over paid players. It irks me that they seem to take it all for granted.
    Hhahaha as brutal as that was I can't say I disagree with any of it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Compare Phaneuf to Doughty. Both make about the same amount of money. One plays in a fish bowl the other plays in an ocean of other things to do. Phaneuf has a bad game and he is held accountable for it. Doughty has a bad gme, there might be one or two media members there to ask him what happened. They get a quick sound bite and on page 33 of the 34 page sports section (first 20 pages devoted to what kind of shoes Kobe is going to wear this year at practise) there is one line that says, "Doughty feels he should be playing better." And that's it. He gets more flack for his play in Fredericton N.B than he does in his own city. That's what separates players like Crosby, Datsyuk and Stamkos from players like Doughty, Vinnie and Nash. They want to win and they do anything they can to do it. There is an innate drive to be the best. It looks like some of the guys cash their check and don't give a shit how they play.
    10 rounds of drafting

Dobber Sports Ninja

Add Semin, Kovy and possibly Ovie to that list of players who've cashed their massive pay cheques and are now coasting on easy street...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Add Semin, Kovy and possibly Ovie to that list of players who've cashed their massive pay cheques and are now coasting on easy street...
    Yes, there are many players you can add to the list, Semin is one of the worst. As for Ovie, I think that's a topic for another thread. I am in the camp that he may have used steroids. But I don't want to get into that here. So just suffice to say that yes, those three I agree with as well. Semin makes me sick.
    10 rounds of drafting

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

So bottomline, should I trade away Doughty in a package with someone else, maybe Datysuk and Hiller to land a multi-cat stud. I feel like Green has done more despite his injury than Doughty has done. Besides, Doughty hasn't scored many points in my league.
    One year league, 12 teams. H2H
    Points: Goals (3), Assists (2), Hits (1), Pims (.3), +/-, gwg, ppg, shg, etc.

Goal cats: Win (5), Shutout (5), OT Loss (2), Saves (.2), Goals against (-1).

F- Corey Perry, Phil Kessel, Nicklas Backstrom, Thomas Vanek, Mike Richards, Pavel Datsyuk, Marian Gaborik, David Backes, Daniel Carcillo (6 Start/night)

D- Drew Doughty, Mike Green, Erik Karlsson, PK Subban, Jack Johnson (4 Start/night)

G- Ilya Bryzgalov, Jonas Hiller, Cam Ward (both start)

IR= Mike Richards
    + Utility Player

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by WbRobinson View Post
    So bottomline, should I trade away Doughty in a package with someone else, maybe Datysuk and Hiller to land a multi-cat stud. I feel like Green has done more despite his injury than Doughty has done. Besides, Doughty hasn't scored many points in my league.
    For the love of god, will you stop littering every thread around here with that same question?

Dobber Sports Giant

For the love of god, will you stop littering every thread around here with that same question?
    LOL blayze... this is actually his thread.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    LOL blayze... this is actually his thread.
    Actually, here's his "multicat" thread: http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...d.php&t=121347

Here's another thread he hijacked asking the same question:
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...383#post864383

I've seen this question posed by him so many times in so many different threads over the last week that if I see it just one more time I'm going to go King Kong on his ass.
    Last edited by blayze; December 20, 2011 at 3:43 AM.

Dobber Sports Giant

Actually, here's his "multicat" thread: http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...d.php&t=121347

I've seen this question posed by him so many times in so many different threads over the last week that if I see it one more time I'm going to go King Kong on his ass.
    Believe me... I know Wb's game; asking the same question multiple times, making identical threads, threadjacking, just to name a few things...

I was just saying at least this time he's in his own thread.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Believe me... I know Wb's game; asking the same question multiple times, making identical threads, threadjacking, just to name a few things...

I was just saying at least this time he's in his own thread.
    mounD considering this is a DD thread and I respect your opinion greatly. I would like to know your feelings on him. Is he an over payed sloth? Or a fantastic talent who is just having an off year due to whatever circumstances?
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; December 20, 2011 at 4:11 AM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    mounD considering this is a DD thread and I respect your opinion greatly. I would like to know your felling's on him. Is he an over payed sloth? Or a fantastic talent who is just having an off year due to whatever circumstances?
    I don't really get the chance to watch a ton of Kings games; however, from what I have seen Doughty has shown me flashes of elite talent. I really don't think he's got the 60+ upside some people say that he has, but I definitely don't doubt he can be a reliable 50+ D-man during his prime.

I'm probably in the camp that feels that his 59 pt. Sophomore season was a bit of an aberration - especially when you consider he was shooting at an 11.3% clip compared to his 7.6% career Shooting%.

Another aspect to consider this season with Doughty is the dual-issue of 1) missing training camp and 2) the recent offensive woes of the Kings.

As for the holdout situation and missing training camp, I would be inclined to agree w/ blayze and argue that this excuse doesn't really have much validity after 10 games or so; however, what blayze does not consider is the fact that LAK has not been scoring goals enough to see a market-correction in Doughty's value. I saw yesterday that LAK had scored less than 20 goals during the month of December. If the Kings aren't scoring goals, where is the Doughty offense supposed to come from? I certainly understand the argument that Doughty should be creating his share of offense, but let's get real: defensemen need forwards to cooperate offensively in order to have success.

Ultimately, my opinion on Doughty is still rather high. I definitely like his potential, and you certainly can't sneeze at what he's already done in the NHL - most notably as a 20 yr. old sophomore. This year may not be the "big comeback" people were hoping for from Doughty, but I strongly believe it would be a mistake to write the guy off. I see consistent 50+ seasons in his future.