Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Jakob Silfverberg and Johan Larsson

Banned

Probably means "Fredrik Anderson (the goalie of Frolunda) was scared shitless" or something like that

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

That particular sentence:

Man klagar ofta på att svenska hockeyspelare är dåliga skyttar, men den killen kliver in från vänsterkanten och prickar Frederik Andersens bortre kryss med en sådan självklarhet att håret ställer sig på armarna.

Translates into:

There are often complaints about Swedish hockey players being bad shooters, but this guy steps in from the left wing and snipes Frederik Andersen's far top corner so easily that you get chills on your arms.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Another goal today, but Brynas is losing 3-1. Most likely Game 7 on Friday. If Frolunda wins the series, I would bet that Silfverberg comes over to the Sens.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Aaaahhh, that explains why you were cheering for Frolunda
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post

Man klagar ofta på att svenska hockeyspelare är dåliga skyttar, men den killen kliver in från vänsterkanten och prickar Frederik Andersens bortre kryss med en sådan självklarhet att håret ställer sig på armarna.

Translates into:

There are often complaints about Swedish hockey players being bad shooters, but this guy steps in from the left wing and snipes Frederik Andersen's far top corner so easily that you get chills on your arms.
    Aha .... that makes more sense! Cheers

Banned

Aaaahhh, that explains why you were cheering for Frolunda
    lol yeah, but either way is fine. More SEL playoff experience or some NHL experience + potential NHL playoff experience!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    lol yeah, but either way is fine. More SEL playoff experience or some NHL experience + potential NHL playoff experience!
    for selfish reasons I hope he doesnt come over this year, it will keep him below the average GM's radar in a couple of my leagues and allow me to scoop him in the drafts this summer.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Translates into:

So... how did susnet cruise get into the earlier translation?!

Back on topic, I can't wait to see how Silfverberg fits into the Sens next year. How do they make room for him if he's good enough to make the team?

Banned

There will be room. Guys like Konopna, Butler, Daugavins, etc. won't be on the team most likely.

Banned

Brynas tied the game up late and Silfverberg wins it in OT (assisted by Larsson) ! Brynas moves on to the semis.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

http://www.elitserienplay.se/video.1523194956001

Silfverberg scored the second and last goals of the game.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Holy crap he's full on beast mode lately.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm glad I've picked up Silfverberg but Larsson is still available in my league. Most of the recent discussion on this thread has been on Silfverberg but I'd be interested in hearing from Big Ev and others about how long it will take Larsson to get to the NHL and what his upside is. tx
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Banned

I'd say Larsson is a year away at least but I don't think he'd be too far off. I'm just not sure what his situation is contract-wise, but I believe I read that he may be done at the end of this year. If that is the case then i would expect AHL next season. Would have to confirm with somebody in the know like sentium.

Anyways I don't think he has huge upside but I really like him as a prospect because of his playmaking ability, two-way play and leadership. Was the captain of Sweden's WJC team that just won gold. With Minnesota's good wing prospects in Granlund and Coyle, and with guys like Seto and Heatley already on the team, I could see him benefiting one day on the second or third line and being paired with a decent goal scorer. I read a Swedish observer compare him to Mikko Koivu in the past. So won't be a big time scorer but could be valuable for assists one day.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I'd say Larsson is a year away at least but I don't think he'd be too far off. I'm just not sure what his situation is contract-wise, but I believe I read that he may be done at the end of this year. If that is the case then i would expect AHL next season. Would have to confirm with somebody in the know like sentium.

Anyways I don't think he has huge upside but I really like him as a prospect because of his playmaking ability, two-way play and leadership. Was the captain of Sweden's WJC team that just won gold. With Minnesota's good wing prospects in Granlund and Coyle, and with guys like Seto and Heatley already on the team, I could see him benefiting one day on the second or third line and being paired with a decent goal scorer. I read a Swedish observer compare him to Mikko Koivu in the past. So won't be a big time scorer but could be valuable for assists one day.
    Good stuff, thanks. I think he's still a ways off for a pick up in my league based on this.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."