Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Jakob Silfverberg and Johan Larsson

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Silfverberg voted MVP of the SEL by the players
    wow thats an impressive achievement ...... you have really got this guy (and Brodin) on my radar Ev and he keeps moving up my rankings for my pts only keeper with my buddies, Im gonna draft him in our pre-season waiver draft next fall.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    wow thats an impressive achievement ...... you have really got this guy (and Brodin) on my radar Ev and he keeps moving up my rankings for my pts only keeper with my buddies, Im gonna draft him in our pre-season waiver draft next fall.
    He should be on your radar for sure, but just don't attack me if he disappoints I think we may be seeing a potential Calder trophy winner here, but due to the adjustment factor, probably not.

Also, if/when his team gets eliminated from the SEL, we may see him come over for the end of the season or playoffs in Ottawa.

He should continue wearing #100 in the NHL!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Silfverberg voted MVP of the SEL by the players
    That's VERY impressive!

Dobber Sports Guru

Silfverberg was one of the guys that impressed me in a very limited viewing at the Sens dev camp last summer. i knew practically nothing about him before then. he plays with a good mix of jam and creativity, which makes me nod my head when names like Eriksson and Alfredsson get thrown around. i tend to agree with that there is something special about him... and i especially like his decision to stay one more year in the Sweden.

i think i would pick him over Stone if given the choice, but a lot of that is preference about the style of players i like to follow. there is definitely a place for players like Stone in the NHL and on the Sens especially. i'm also aware that i'm awful at projecting those guys... Clowe and Byfuglien are prime examples of guys i watched as rookies and couldn't understand why they were wearing NHL jerseys.

Banned

Silfver had 3 points yesterday and was simply dominant. Watched some of the game in the morning. Commentators started comparing him to freaking Forsberg although they were probably being overdramatic. Silfver has been on the ice for the last 8 or 9 Brynas goals or something like that. Not a big Jarnkrok fan but he an Silfver have nice chemistry.

Can't wait for him to come over.

Dobber Sports Pro

Can Silfverberg play LW or is he strictly RW? I think his value might be higher next season for LW.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    Can Silfverberg play LW or is he strictly RW? I think his value might be higher next season for LW.
    I believe he can play either wing based on what I've seen and read. I'll ask a Swede(s) for confirmation though. I personally see him as LW on line with Turris-Alfredsson (if he's ready for a Top 6 role).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I don't get where people get the RW stuff from. He plays far and away most on the LW.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wow. Considering that he played a lot of center as a junior and has played the vast majority at left wing with the big team, I just don't get why he'd be listed as RW in so many places.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

I mention it as I see some highlights where he scores off the RW and thats what hes commonly listed at. However, a lot of guys can play either wing. On Ottawa there is more room in top 6 as a LW. Shouldnt be too difficult to knock Greening out.

Banned

The second period Silfverberg did to Frölunda is one of the best I have ever seen in the top division for many years. Sure, it has passed a lot of good hockey players through our expansive country in recent years, but it was long since any controlled game on the way Jacob Silfverberg made yesterday. At times it seemed as if he did what he wanted on the ice. Just take 2-0-goal, for example. They often complain that Swedish hockey players are bad shooters, but the guy stepping in from the left and dots Frederik Andersen sunset cruise with such obvious that the hair stands on the arms.

Ever since the JVM in Saskatoon and Regina in 2010, I have seen Jacob Silfverberg as a future NHL players. Then, two years ago, it was for his ability to submit to various roles, he could jump in and be an offensive weapon in a top brand, as well as being a reliable defensive player in a third or a fourth chain. Now it becomes increasingly clear that he is skilled enough to become a top six players, even in the NHL. Mind Games, shot and intelligence out there and skating, as previously there was question mark, has become so much better that it can no longer be classed as a weakness.
    from Swedish hockey reporter Uffe Bodin

http://www.hockeysverige.se/blogg/bo...lfver-mountain

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    I mention it as I see some highlights where he scores off the RW and thats what hes commonly listed at. However, a lot of guys can play either wing. On Ottawa there is more room in top 6 as a LW. Shouldnt be too difficult to knock Greening out.
    From my experience watching SEL, guys seem to wander around a lot so they look like they're playing different positions

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Reporter
    but the guy stepping in from the left and dots Frederik Andersen sunset cruise with such obvious that the hair stands on the arms.
    That is pure poetry.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

LOL! I'll get you a proper translation later tonight. Just have to take care of some stuff first
    GO WINGS!