Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Filatov Chronicles: The Final Chapter?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    ev...just curious, are there any sens players that you think suck, have no heart, should go to russia etc?
    Just curious, you a troll? The answer is yes.

There are Sens players I don't like/think provide nothing. But I believe there are literally no current Ottawa Senators players who have no heart. The proof is in the pudding.
    Last edited by Big Ev; November 30, 2011 at 4:00 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenPool View Post
    How was I generalizing? His attitude has been well documented. The kid has spent pretty much his entire NHL career in the doghouse. Those are the facts. I'm not letting him off the hook until he proves me wrong. He has a boatload of talent and it makes me mad he's not pulling it together. A game or two here and there doesn't cut it. It's a start at least...

How did Gonchar get dragged into this? I was talking about Brendl. If you came to that conclusion so be it. That being said, everyone had every right to criticize Gonchar. He was giving up on plays, ineffective on the power play and was a defensive liability. How is he above your criticism?? I applaud people who speak their mind and don't coddle underachievers. Let me guess, you thought Semin was playing awesome this year too...
    Getting scratched or sent to the AHL does not mean you're in the doghouse. Both the GM and head coach have had nothing bad to say about his attitude. This isn't my opinion, I don't know him. I'm just stating the true facts.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Getting scratched or sent to the AHL does not mean you're in the doghouse. Both the GM and head coach have had nothing bad to say about his attitude. This isn't my opinion, I don't know him. I'm just stating the true facts.
    I dunno man, maybe it's because I'm in Ottawa, I hear about it more his negative side.Paul Maclean sounds pretty pissed to me...

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...773/story.html

http://tgornation.blogspot.com/2011/...-bottom-0.html

"Filatov, even with his early struggles, could have been the one to get a very long look at that top left wing spot early in the season. However, he immediately annoyed his coach in the first week of the season. At one practice, Paul Maclean yelled to Filatov and Bobby Butler, “You guys want to be part of this or what?” Filatov was in the minors after 2 appearances.
    Filatov's interviews still range from smug to impatient to slightly arrogant. He also famously retreated back to the KHL in the middle of Columbus' season last year, impossible to overlook in a discussion about character. "

Banned

I'm not even he will be a good player in this league. Just saying give the guy a break and stop making up stuff that is mostly hearsay anyway. Like that Filly Don't Do Rebounds story, which was obviously 100% fiction. I have literally not seen any documented evidence of a bad attitude, unless you mean him going to Russia 2 years ago.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm not even he will be a good player in this league. Just saying give the guy a break and stop making up stuff that is mostly hearsay anyway. Like that Filly Don't Do Rebounds story, which was obviously 100% fiction. I have literally not seen any documented evidence of a bad attitude, unless you mean him going to Russia 2 years ago.
    Fair enough, I retract any insinuation (albeit sarcastic) that he was heading back to Russia but everyone's entitled to dislike a player. He happens to be high on my list

Dobber Sports Padawan

Filatov has a slightly cracked nose but WILL be back on the top line tomorrow night.

Apparently he had some dizziness/headaches after the kick in the head but a concussion was ruled out. He was held out for precautionary reasons for the remainder of last nights game.

Lots of hate for this kid in the forums. I still think he has what it takes and has acted very humble since the trade.

Kids grow up.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Sorokin....Bobrovsky
    D: Fox....Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovi ch....Zellweger....Toews....Ekholm

F: Eichel....Caufield....J Robertson....W Nylander....Kucherov
    Eklund....W Johnston....Peterka....Fiala....Bratt

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th
    2022 7th

Banned

I don't think he will actually amount to much, but I believe that will be because of his physical abilities more than anything else. He can still be a secondary scoring winger or something like that in this league. But not a star.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't think he will actually amount to much, but I believe that will be because of his physical abilities more than anything else. He can still be a secondary scoring winger or something like that in this league. But not a star.
    Ev, could you expand on this a bit? Most guys seem to think the equation with Filatov is simple, boom or bust, NHL elite forward or in the KHL. I tend to see it that way myself. However, I believe your the first to suggest that he will not reach his potential but can settle in as a secondary scorer. I guess what we all really want to know is if he does fit that role does he have fantasy relevance. Some "secondary" scorers are keepers for sure, could Filatov fit that profile?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Banned

I don't think anyone believes he will be an elite forward (guess it depends on your definition of elite). The Sens for instance only want him to be just an NHL forward at this point in time. I don't think he has the tools to be a 1st line winger. I can see a 2nd line winger with #1 PP duties though.

I don't see what's wrong if he turned out to be a second line winger with decent production. He doesn't have to be elite, he just has to produce. I don't believe it's all black and white "boom or bust". Perhaps he can still become a 50 point winger. That's ok for fantasy.

All up in the air though, he is just 21.
    Last edited by Big Ev; December 1, 2011 at 10:04 AM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Exactly. People forget hes only 21. Geez some kids take longer to develop.

Any word on whether hes playing tonight?

Dobber Sports Ace

Ya hes playing tonight, Im not watching the game though so I couldnt tell you how he is doing or who he is playing with but Im sure Ev will update us shortly.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Banned

One shift he did the between the legs dangle to get around a guy and tried to wrap it around the net but Raycroft got over in time. Another time was wide open right beside the net on the PP and the puck hit a d-man before he could get a good shot off.

Overall looks fine, skating well, getting involved. He is due for something. Perhaps the GWG?

Dobber Sports Sage

I;m still convinced he will score in this league. I have seen him play enough to know he has the skill set to do so and his attitude has been very impressive to me. Here's hoping he gets that GWG tonight...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Great updates, guys. They are much appreciated.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    Great updates, guys. They are much appreciated.
    I gotta agree with this sentiment.

I refuse to pay an arm and a leg for the NHL package and my computer is awful at streaming.

Just wanted to say thanks again.