Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Filatov Chronicles: The Final Chapter?

Banned

Good news is it's only a broken nose

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by jsender View Post
    Nope he has not returned since it happened in the 1st.
    Wonderful thx!!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Good news is it's only a broken nose
    Definitely could have been far worse. That blade was dangerously close from slicing his face wide open.
    H2H 12 Team/12 Keeper League. Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS, BS, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO, Saves

C - Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom
    LW - Gaudreau, Parise, E. Kane, Jenner (C), Panik (RW)
    RW - MacKinnon (C), Ehlers (LW), Komorov (C), Shaw (C), Vrbata
    D - Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Gostisbehere, Gudas, Klefbom
    G- Holtby, Bishop, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy

Farm - Aho, Eriksson-Ek, Schmaltz, Kaprisov, Theodore, Zaietsev, Sorokin, Stolarz

Dobber Sports Wizard

I, too, would like to know whose line was he skating on? Does anyone know?
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    I, too, would like to know whose line was he skating on? Does anyone know?
    He has been skating with Spezza.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I must admit I was pretty excited when Ottawa traded for him. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a joke that Murray didn't get fired after going from playing in the finals to a "rebuild" in such a short time....but one thing Murray seems to do much better than most is identify and draft young talent.

My concern with Filatov is that the Sens won't be patient with him. I may be wrong, but it seems more and more that young forwards are expected to make a big impact right away. Some players take a little longer (the Sedins?).

That being said, I do recognize that he has a lot more competetion than I thought up front. I am very impressed with what I've seen from some of the young forwards this year. Smith, Foligno and Greening especially have brought a work ethic that I haven't seen from the Senators' forwards in, well, ever. I don't know if the coach should get the credit or it's simply the product of having a young team. Regin will hopefully be great when he gets back, and Bobby Butler at times looks like a future first line winger. I flew to Ottawa last April and saw my first game at Scotiabank - Habs at Sens. I had front row seats, loved every second of it (we don't get to experience French-Canada out West) and Butler scored one of the prettiest goals I've seen in OT.

I was worried the pressure from the fans would get to Jason Spezza, but he's been stellar this year. Michalek has surprised the hell out of me too.

I know I'm rambling and off topic, but one more thing I'm very happy about is that Jared Cowen made the team. I though he should have been on last year. I will disclose that I may have a bit of a bias because I'm also from Saskatchewan, but he has all the makings of a dominant defenceman. It's nice to see a prospect that can actually play defence and I think he will be fantasy relevant within a couple of years.

I don't get the TSN Jets channel, so I'm missing the game right now. I'd be curious to see how Filatov is doing too.

I know that ultimately winning is what the team needs to be about, but with Filatov's upside, I think they should be a bit more patient with him than they might be with others. I can understand why Nikita may rather go home than play in the AHL, but I hope he has a mentor somewhere who can remind him that he may have to be patient for his turn....I remember Jacques Martin wasn't keen on having Spezza up with the big club when he first came into the league.....Maybe Spezza can be a bit of an inspiration for him.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Filatov was probably dying to get off the ice and head to the airport. Next stop: Moscow.

He's one scratch away from Pavel Brendl.

And for once, I'm not joking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenPool View Post
    Filatov was probably dying to get off the ice and head to the airport. Next stop: Moscow.

He's one scratch away from Pavel Brendl.

And for once, I'm not joking.
    What on earth are you talking about?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    He has been skating with Spezza.
    Nice... Too bad his face didn't get sliced open. He could have passed himself off as Guy Boucher's lil brother. Maybe his game will get a little nastier after a broken nose. Perhaps he'll think of himself a player after having his hockey cherry popped! Sorry, i'm just your typical, frustrated Filatov owner.
    Last edited by One87; November 30, 2011 at 12:16 AM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?
    Hmm I thought I was clear. He's slowly becoming a high draft pick bust = Pavel Brendl. Look him up. He plays as if he wants to go home, so let him.

When he's not in the AHL, he's a game away from being scratched. He has no heart, nor grit. I too was excited about his venue change in Ottawa but it's the same old story.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well the plot thickens once again. As if there wasn't enough intrigue associated with the Filatov Chronicles another chapter begins with a different sub plot altogether. Now that he has been "blooded" so to speak, how will this factor in? There are basically three ways this could go; no change; scared shitless, or "#$%#k it, now I'm in the NHL". What a roller coaster ride with this kid!

From what I can gather, he was damned lucky, if he'd taken the blade it could have been an extremely serious injury, he got off light with only a busted beak.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenPool View Post
    Hmm I thought I was clear. He's slowly becoming a high draft pick bust = Pavel Brendl. Look him up. He plays as if he wants to go home, so let him.

When he's not in the AHL, he's a game away from being scratched. He has no heart, nor grit. I too was excited about his venue change in Ottawa but it's the same old story.
    My point was that in your previous post you made it out like he just wants to go to Russia. And no he hasn't played like he wants to go home. If he truly wanted to go home, he would have sulked and quit in the AHL. Instead, he played well and earned another promotion. Even if he doesn't pan out, he earned my respect by not just shutting it down to be sent to Russia.

People like to generalize all Russians and say they have no heart. Reminds me of the idiots who criticized Gonchar earlier this year. Time to eat crow on that one.
    Last edited by Big Ev; November 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

How was I generalizing? His attitude has been well documented. The kid has spent pretty much his entire NHL career in the doghouse. Those are the facts. I'm not letting him off the hook until he proves me wrong. He has a boatload of talent and it makes me mad he's not pulling it together. A game or two here and there doesn't cut it. It's a start at least...

How did Gonchar get dragged into this? I was talking about Brendl. If you came to that conclusion so be it. That being said, everyone had every right to criticize Gonchar. He was giving up on plays, ineffective on the power play and was a defensive liability. How is he above your criticism?? I applaud people who speak their mind and don't coddle underachievers. Let me guess, you thought Semin was playing awesome this year too...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

ev...just curious, are there any sens players that you think suck, have no heart, should go to russia etc?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Well the plot thickens once again. As if there wasn't enough intrigue associated with the Filatov Chronicles another chapter begins with a different sub plot altogether. Now that he has been "blooded" so to speak, how will this factor in? There are basically three ways this could go; no change; scared shitless, or "#$%#k it, now I'm in the NHL". What a roller coaster ride with this kid!

From what I can gather, he was damned lucky, if he'd taken the blade it could have been an extremely serious injury, he got off light with only a busted beak.
    I watched it live at the pub and as soon as the skate hit, the entire bar went "OOOOOO". The kind of collective gasp when someone gets kicked in the nuts. But instead a sharp knife to the head. Could have been Malarchuk all over again