Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlson vs Leddy

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Carlson vs Leddy

League/team in sig. I really thought this would be a breakout year for Carlson from the glimpses he showed last season. But I really underestimated the impact Wideman would have on his production. Even with Green out, Carlson can't get in on the PP1 in WAS.

My question is this: in a limited keeper where neither player makes the cut, would you drop Carlson for Leddy? Unlike the Caps, the Hawks have two loaded scoring lines at even strength and on the power play. That means even when Seabrook returns, Leddy will be in a better situation than Carlson. Leddy has been lighting it up all season and I don't see any reason for him to slow down.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger, but am I giving up on Carlson too soon?
    Last edited by joecanuck; November 19, 2011 at 9:31 AM.
    10 Team H2H Keeper League - Puck Yer Mudders

Keep 10, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 3U & 2G
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Toews, Carter, Duchene, Little, Horcoff
    LW: Parise, Burrows, Laich, Booth
    RW: Kane, Eberle, Jagr, Clarkson
    D: Phaneuf, Streit, Giordano, Carlson, JML
    G: Rinne, Luongo, Backstrom

Dobber Sports Sage

In a keeper league absolutely go with Leddy. He has the better pedigree and you can see that by watching them both play for about 5 min. If he is stealing top PP unit min and top pairing minutes from Seabrook as a 20 year. You know he is the real deal...
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; November 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Stud

Unbelievable that this is a thread - i.e. who would have thunk it a year ago?!? Awesome as a Leddy owner. Looking forward to him being moved up from 98 on Dobber's November top defensemen list soon!
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    Unbelievable that this is a thread - i.e. who would have thunk it a year ago?!? Awesome as a Leddy owner. Looking forward to him being moved up from 98 on Dobber's November top defensemen list soon!
    I traded him yesterday Dude I feel like crying

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I traded him yesterday Dude I feel like crying
    Well if it was yesterday then you likely got something pretty good for him. Imagine having traded him 5 weeks ago! I acquired him about 3-4 weeks ago and have been very happy (obviously!). Almost makes up for some of the freeloaders on my team (Okposo - I'm looking at you!).
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    Well if it was yesterday then you likely got something pretty good for him. Imagine having traded him 5 weeks ago! I acquired him about 3-4 weeks ago and have been very happy (obviously!). Almost makes up for some of the freeloaders on my team (Okposo - I'm looking at you!).
    I did all right JVR

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Stud

I did all right JVR
    That's a pretty darn good return then!
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP

Dobber Sports Veteran

This year: Leddy

Long term: Carlson
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

In a keeper league absolutely go with Leddy. He has the better pedigree and you can see that by watching them both play for about 5 min. If he is stealing top PP unit min and top pairing minutes from Seabrook as a 20 year. You know he is the real deal...
    Huh? Nah, I don't think so dude.

Have patience with Carlson but definitely keep him as he's legit.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Huh? Nah, I don't think so dude.

Have patience with Carlson but definitely keep him as he's legit.
    Don't really want to take you on, but Carlson might be legit but Leddy sure as hell is legit as well. I might of overstated my point the first time, but I see Leddy as the far superior 2-way player. Which is evident in his TOI on one of the best teams in hockey in what is essentially his rookie season. I would go with Leddy in all due respect Dean!!!

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Sage

Carlson > leddy. No question. Shouldn't even be a thread
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

Don't really want to take you on, but Carlson might be legit but Leddy sure as hell is legit as well. I might of overstated my point the first time, but I see Leddy as the far superior 2-way player. Which is evident in his TOI on one of the best teams in hockey in what is essentially his rookie season. I would go with Leddy in all due respect Dean!!!
    Far superior two-way player? C'mon man. Like you said, no disrespect, but all of a sudden Leddy is doing something and he's "far superior" to Carlson. This is just such a wrong statement man. Leddy is good, don't get me wrong, but to call him far superior to Carlson in terms of of two way play is like saying Pamela Anderson has small boobs.

Farm

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Carlson > leddy. No question. Shouldn't even be a thread
    Just wondering why?

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wow. Another weird statement. John Carlson is one of the best two-way young defensemen in the ENTIRE NHL. The Caps rely heavily on him and Alzner. I'm not sure where you are getting your information on Carlson. He may be limited (offensively) this season but he's their best defensemen they have and is all but gauranteed to be a top pairing D.

Leddy is no slouche either but he's benefiting from Chicago's lack of depth and the Seabrook injury. He has impressed in his absence but his TOI is inflated at the moment. Leddy's competition includes the likes of Hjalmarsson, Montador, and Lepisto at the moment. Leddy is proving that he's legit (and is probably better this year in one-year leagues) but Carlson is the better long term (Keeper) option here and I don't think it's very close.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Wow. Another weird statement. John Carlson is one of the best two-way young defensemen in the ENTIRE NHL. The Caps rely heavily on him and Alzner. I'm not sure where you are getting your information on Carlson. He may be limited (offensively) this season but he's their best defensemen they have and is all but gauranteed to be a top pairing D.

Leddy is no slouche either but he's benefiting from Chicago's lack of depth and the Seabrook injury. He has impressed in his absence but his TOI is inflated at the moment. Leddy's competition includes the likes of Hjalmarsson, Montador, and Lepisto at the moment. Leddy is proving that he's legit (and is probably better this year in one-year leagues) but Carlson is the better long term (Keeper) option here and I don't think it's very close.
    Couldn't have said it better. Go look at history and stats. Leddy is great, don't get me wrong, but Carlson has always been superior. I understand being excited about a player, I'm excited about Leddy too, but I think you've turned that exciting level up to an 8 when it should be a 5

Farm