Thread: (Dobber) Rate my trade please

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default (Dobber) Rate my trade please

After about a month of trying to solidify my goaltending to the point where I feel comfortable to play both goalies every night I finally pulled off a trade that I felt good about.

This post may be a little long, but the information is crucial to fully judge the deal.

This money league I\'m in is fairly competitive, 14 team league, head to head with goalie stats being 40% of the weeks totals (W,SV%,GAA,SHO) So needless to say goalies are pretty important.

Some trades in this league so you can gauge how people value them are: Conklin(at his peak value) and Toews for Malkin... Yeah, I know, right? Hasek for Dipietro and Huselius, the prices for goalies are pretty crazy.

To make a long story relatively short today I traded:
    Cam Ward/Jason Spezza for Daniel Briere/Huet

My team looks like this with the trade:
    C - Briere, Kopitar, E. Staal
    W - Carcillo, Havlat, Semin, Stillman, Rolston, Selanne, Parise
    D - Lidstrom, Burns, Streit, R. Jones
    G - Luongo, Huet

I felt I had to make this trade, Cam Ward and the Hurricanes in general are too inconsistent to be trusted and in their division the fire power is scary, even with Kovalchuk out. I feel that Briere with Gagne back will match Spezza\'s contribution the rest of the way with Alfredsson in and out of the lineup and Heatley being out for a while. With the depth I have, I felt that even though Spezza is a fantasy monster I could get away with losing him since my depth at Center is pretty strong.

I\'ve played and won many fantasy leagues over the year, but whenever I make a high profile trade like this I always feel self self-conscious about it, I don\'t think I should though.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i hope your trade pays off.
    however i would probably not do it.
    i still like ward/spezza side a bit better.
    but you are banking on hot huet, so hopefully he will continue his great play along with his team for you.
    Flyers are looking good as well (well today\'s game not counting)

good luck with the trade.

I...am your father.

If it\'s a keeper league, I don\'t like it. If it\'s a one year pool...yes, you are riding Huet\'s hot hand, but I like the deal. Huet will get all the starts now that Price is gone (so he is undisputed) and he proved last year that he was legit. Good move.
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dobber wrote:
    If it\'s a keeper league, I don\'t like it. If it\'s a one year pool...yes, you are riding Huet\'s hot hand, but I like the deal. Huet will get all the starts now that Price is gone (so he is undisputed) and he proved last year that he was legit. Good move.
    B)
    Well, that\'s one piece of crucial information that I left out eh? Yeah, just a re-draft, if it were a keeper I would\'ve never made the deal. For me, it\'s not just about Huet\'s hot streak its about the uncertainty of Cam Ward.

Thanks for the input.

Dobber Sports Ninja

5.8 5.9 5.9 5.8 5.9 5.6 (Russian judge):laugh:

Great trade for you, especially now that we know it\'s not a keeper league! Huet is smoking on Montreal and I don\'t know now if they can/will deal him at the deadline. Not a huge market for goalies anyway, they might as well keep him and the team together and try to win for as long as possible.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

The Comish wrote:
    Great trade for you, especially now that we know it\'s not a keeper league! Huet is smoking on Montreal and I don\'t know now if they can/will deal him at the deadline. Not a huge market for goalies anyway, they might as well keep him and the team together and try to win for as long as possible.
    I just hope he\'s done facing Ovechkin for this year after last night\'s game! All I can say is WOW. I don\'t know who else would break their nose and score 4 goals.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg