Thread: 1Y League, currently carrying S. Mason, Kipper, Dubnyk, Markstrom

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default 1Y League, currently carrying S. Mason, Kipper, Dubnyk, Markstrom

Carrying 4 goalies because right now S. Mason is scaring me. I do not want to limit my offensive categories for too long so want to decide on my 3 goalies soon. What would you guys project from these 4 over the year.

Using W, Sv%, GAA, and Shutouts.

Offense is G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Welcome to the boards!

I don't want to go pulling #'s out of my butt, so I'll just give you my general opinion on the players.

Mason - Ugh. As a fellow Mason owner, you know what I mean.
    Kiprusoff - I've personally never been a fan, but he's probably the safest bet out of all four.
    Dubnyk - Doomed to split time with Khabibulin this year. Dubnyk just seems to have shit luck.
    Markstrom - Was popular opinion that he's gonna be sent down but now with the way he's tearing it up he's making it impossible to send him down.

If you're asking on who you would cut out of that list, if you have to decide right now I would probably say Markstrom because if he gets sent down he's useless to you (could potentially be a move that bites you though). If you can afford to wait a bit longer to find out what Markstrom's role is on the team once Clemmensen is back then that's what I would do.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Welcome to the boards!

I don't want to go pulling #'s out of my butt, so I'll just give you my general opinion on the players.

Mason - Ugh. As a fellow Mason owner, you know what I mean.
    Kiprusoff - I've personally never been a fan, but he's probably the safest bet out of all four.
    Dubnyk - Doomed to split time with Khabibulin this year. Dubnyk just seems to have shit luck.
    Markstrom - Was popular opinion that he's gonna be sent down but now with the way he's tearing it up he's making it impossible to send him down.

If you're asking on who you would cut out of that list, if you have to decide right now I would probably say Markstrom because if he gets sent down he's useless to you (could potentially be a move that bites you though). If you can afford to wait a bit longer to find out what Markstrom's role is on the team once Clemmensen is back then that's what I would do.
    Thanks for the help! Have been loving this site since discovering it. I feel I have time to wait but will see how I hold up offensively for sure. So basically wait for Clemmensen news and go from there.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
    Thanks for the help! Have been loving this site since discovering it. I feel I have time to wait but will see how I hold up offensively for sure. So basically wait for Clemmensen news and go from there.
    That is what I would do.

But boy am I hoping Markstrom gets sent down LOL. I personally need him to be under 20GP or else I lose his farm status haha.

How many teams do you have in your league and how many goalies do you have iced per night? What are your league settings etc. That kind of info is really good to know for future reference to get the most accurate input. Might want to include that in your signature if you have time, along with the rest of your team.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!