Thread: Roloson Dropped

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Roloson Dropped

I was kind of expecting this based on the panic threshold of his owner.....my team and league are in my sig.....currently have Lundy, Ward, and Neuvirth in net.

I picked up Rollie after the trade last year and rode him to the finals and believe he has more in the tank. What does everyone else think? He and Tampa can't be as bad as they look can they?

He will not last long on the wire, and I'm thinking of dropping Neuvy for him. Good idea?

Thanks!!!!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Worth a shot I think - Vokoun is playing so well that Neuvirth isn't going to get many looks.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm not sure if its the best idea. You have two solid starters in Lundqvist and Ward who play ALOT.
    Neuvirth will see at least 20 or more starts I think, and when he is in, I don't think you will be at a big risk in terms of GAA and SV% and he is a good young goalie on a now defensely responsible Caps team. Roloson can fluctuate wildly, one day a shutout, next day 6 goals, especially behind a sometimes suspect TB defense.

If you were hurting for a more reliable start in your top 2 goalies it may be worth it but in this case I don't think its necessary. just my 2 cents

On the other hand, it might be worth it just to steal a starter goalie from your competition and be spiteful
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks fellas, I see both your points....and I have to admit, spite does play a part in this one . I agree about owning 2 workhorses and the benefit of having a 3rd goalie like Neuvirth that won't kill peripheral stats when played. I do like the thought of roling with 3 starting goalies though, if Rollie gets it together and plays well down the stretch, it would bode very well for my team come fantasy playoff time.

So far I am leaning towards holding onto Neuvy. Another factor to consider here is that that the guy who is leading the league would love to grab Neuvy and handcuff him to his Vokoun.

I'd love more input though, Neuvy or Rollie?
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well if you are in a yahoo league then Tampa Bay has 4 games in each of the final 2 weeks of the playoffs vs the Caps having 3 each week. That might be worth something at the end of the season - and that's when it matters in H2H.