Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Elliott

Dobber Sports Ace

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I'm in the "be patient with Halak" boat, but am close to jumping ship. Looking at my roster below, would you drop anyone to grab Elliot off the wire? My first thought is either Bergeron or Roy since they'd be easier to replace than a quality winger. I might wait and see how he does against Vancouver before doing so...
    Last edited by Two On One; October 24, 2011 at 7:10 PM. Reason: Added center comment
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Padawan

Since you don't have anyone thats an easy drop, I'd hold off until tonights game. Let's see what happens. Elliot might get shelled and Halak may put up two big performances to close the week and things are back to normal. Who knows....
    One year. 14 team. Roto. No positional requirements.

Scoring Categories: G, A, SOG, FOW, +/-, PIM, Hits, SPct, GAA, W

F: Nash, Backes, Getzlaf, M. Koivu, Vanek, Jagr, Clowe, Horton, Stewart, Ott, Z. Kassian
    D: Suter, Seabrook, Diaz, L. Schenn, Robidas
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov, Theodore

IR: Burns

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I can't help but wonder though, in the bigger scheme of things whether or not Payne is making a mistake running with Elliott and his hot streak right now. Then again, I wonder if Payne is coaching under the pretenses that he may not live to see the bigger picture if this team doesn't win which they seem to do when Elliott is in net.
    He's doing exactly the right thing while playing out Elliott's hot streak. Pens did the same thing last October when Fleury was shitting the bed and Johnson was winning the games for them. And it worked out perfectly for Pens last year. The Blues needs every win they can get and for now Elliott is giving them those wins. As long as that continues, he needs to play. But at some point they need their #1 goalie to step up, just like Fleury did for the Pens last year.

Elliott by the way is no stranger to these hot streaks. In 08-09 he had a 8-game win streak, in 09-10 he had a 9-game and a 6-game win streak and even last year he had 5-game win streak (and won 9 of the first 13 games of the season). He's definately shown to be capable of putting up these stretches of great goaltending. Let's see if he could find some consistency to his game beyond these hot streaks now that he's in a situation where there's no so much pressure on him. If he can then this is going to be an interesting situation this year, even if Halak can find his game. But for now it's too early to speculate on Elliott stealing the #1 gig from Halak. Still too early into the season to make such assumptions.
    Last edited by Carcillo; October 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw