Thread: Opportunity for Legace

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Opportunity for Legace

(from ESPN Insider)

Thought this might be of use to some of the deeper leagues.

##################################

UPDATE: Consider this opportunity No.2 for Manny Legace in his quest to re-join the ranks of the NHL.

Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports Legace has signed a proffesional tryout agreement with the Springfield Falcons -- AHL Affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

In light of injuries to Curtis Sanford and Mark Dekanich, this move is hardly jaw-dropping. If Legace makes a good impression, Steve Mason could have a new backup shortly.

UPDATE: If Manny Legace is going to play again in the NHL, it will be with a team other than the Vancouver Canucks.

The Vancouver Sun reports Legace was part of a group of 10 players deleted from the Canucks' roster on Friday. The veteran netminder appeared in two preseason games for the organization, but was told he wasn't going to appear in any more. So the 38-year-old decided to pack his bags.

"We gave him the opportunity to stay with us and practise but he decided to see if there was something else out there," coach Alain Vigneault explained. "He did a good job and I'm hoping this will maybe permit him to come back in the league."

Legace could conceivably get a phone call if another backup falls injured.

Goaltender Manny Legace is getting another opportunity to dress for an NHL team. He may even get to play.

As reported by NBC's ProHockeyTalk, after spending the last year playing pro hockey in Germany, the 38-year-old has earned himself a tryout with the Vancouver Canucks. If he performs well enough in camp, Legace could garner a gig as the go-to, call-up guy in the AHL should Roberto Luongo or Cory Schneider fall injured. As a experienced veteran, that type of role could suit Legace perfectly.

Or, if the Canucks choose to pass, another club may want to take a chance on Legace. If he makes a good impression in camp, of course.
    14 team keeper league
    C: Zetterberg, Pavelski, Hecht, S. Koivu, McDonald, Cogliano, Grabovski, C. O'Reilly
    LW: Vanek, Rolston, Prospal, Boedker, Kulemin, Pyatt, MacLean, Raymond
    RW: Doan, Brown, Vrbata, Parenteau, Ward, Butler, Wheeler
    D: Markov, Wideman, Enstrom, M. Carle, Colaiacovo, Del Zotto, Tyutin
    G: Luongo, Ward, Riemer, Nittymaki, Garon
    Prospects: R. Johansen, K. Kabanov, D. Rundblad

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I don't really think Legace is a very good goalie anymore, he had his moments in his prime though. What we really need to pay attention to here is Allen York, he's the future between the pipes for the Columbus Blue Jackets. If he's available in your league, stash him on your prospect roster or your bench.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about the prospect pool for CBJ, but I was under the impression that Dekanich was next up? What's his status (aside from the injury)?
    One year. 14 team. Roto. No positional requirements.

Scoring Categories: G, A, SOG, FOW, +/-, PIM, Hits, SPct, GAA, W

F: Nash, Backes, Getzlaf, M. Koivu, Vanek, Jagr, Clowe, Horton, Stewart, Ott, Z. Kassian
    D: Suter, Seabrook, Diaz, L. Schenn, Robidas
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov, Theodore

IR: Burns

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Looks like Dekanich and Sanford are hurt. I picked Legace up in my SR league (18 team/30 man roster) just in case he does get called up. If nothing else, he'd be good trade bait to whoever needs his help. I'm already pretty set in that league. I have the Calgary tandem, Roloson and Montoya, needing 4 starts a week.
    14 team keeper league
    C: Zetterberg, Pavelski, Hecht, S. Koivu, McDonald, Cogliano, Grabovski, C. O'Reilly
    LW: Vanek, Rolston, Prospal, Boedker, Kulemin, Pyatt, MacLean, Raymond
    RW: Doan, Brown, Vrbata, Parenteau, Ward, Butler, Wheeler
    D: Markov, Wideman, Enstrom, M. Carle, Colaiacovo, Del Zotto, Tyutin
    G: Luongo, Ward, Riemer, Nittymaki, Garon
    Prospects: R. Johansen, K. Kabanov, D. Rundblad