Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Malkin?

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have Malkin in one of my partial keeper. It depend on your tolerance to stress. He is a 60 to 120 pts player every season. Giroux is more a 75 to 85 pts player every season.

This season could look like last season for Malkin. There is also a possibility that he put 100 + pts, but I'm not sure. He plays a hard style like Ovie, Crosby, and he need some great knees to continue like that. Sedin's twins plays more a soft style, so I would be less concern if they had knees problems.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I didn't learn. Twice. Even after he screwed me again last season and I changed my team name to "I LOATHE MALKIN", I still drafted the guy. I thought I was getting a bargain late in the second round and somehow things would be different. I'm like a battered wife who never learned to walk away from this toxic relationship!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    I turned down his Giroux + Yandle for my Malkin.
    Be patient, hold on.
    How freakin' long do we have to be patient before we finally get results from him? This is the third year in a row now. It's unbelievable how weak this guy is. He's like Markov #2.
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Another season listening to Calimero whining about Malkin again.

Trade him away already bud....

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    truth is...if you own malkin and/or the "croz"......you are more than likely better off trading them for MAX value and letting them be someone else's headache...
    I suppose it all depends on what you think MAX value is. I can't disagree, but I'm not sure now is the time to do it. Malkin might have been sellable a week ago. I wouldn't do it now. Crosby is definitely worth holding on to. Both will have a streak this year that makes their value skyrocket -- if I owned either, I'd entertain offers at that time.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ace

Its only one game guys; he isjust coming off surgery so the Pens migjt just be playing it safe to avoid a repeat of past years. If he missed another game because of it, might be time to worry.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ovi42 View Post
    Its only one game guys; he isjust coming off surgery so the Pens migjt just be playing it safe to avoid a repeat of past years. If he missed another game because of it, might be time to worry.
    Im not buying that. You play it safe in the preseason. If you're missing the 3rd game of the season, it's an issue.

Dobber Sports Pro

I heard its because he took a shot off his foot,and not related to the knee
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Master

Holy crap. Is this a commercial for kleenex? He sat out one game....

NYR, you got an awesome deal getting him in the lat second round. What are you expecting from a late 2nd round pick? 70-80 points? There is no reason to think that isn't still quite achievable.

Anyone who makes a move based on the information we have so far is taking a massive gamble in my opinion. He's missed 4 periods of hockey. Not too much of a concern.

Dobber Sports Pro

Guys a gunna miss games and guys are gunna get beat up,sure its early but until you hear something more serious id just stay calm,Atomic-Wedgy is right

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    I have Malkin in one of my partial keeper. It depend on your tolerance to stress. He is a 60 to 120 pts player every season. Giroux is more a 75 to 85 pts player every season.

This season could look like last season for Malkin. There is also a possibility that he put 100 + pts, but I'm not sure. He plays a hard style like Ovie, Crosby, and he need some great knees to continue like that. Sedin's twins plays more a soft style, so I would be less concern if they had knees problems.
    Giroux will be between 85-95 this year in my opinion.

Based on what I'm reading and hearing, it doesn't sound good for Malkin. This is EXACTLY how his knee problems started last year. Balysma will obviously spin it any way to mask the injury, but let's be honest, "he's played a lot of hockey"... "lots of games coming up"... bumps and bruises... soreness... ITS ONLY THE THIRD GAME OF THE SEASON - that's a joke. That's the kind of shit you expect to hear late in the season when they've got their playoff position locked down, not at this point.

Honestly, if it were me (and I was one of those burned by Malkin last year), I would salvage what value I can from him asap before it's announced he has a serious/lingering injury.

If you can get Giroux AND Yandle for Malkin, I would do that in a heartbeat.

Heck, I would even consider Giroux for Malkin straight up (although I would try to get a little something extra).

Sounds insane considering Malkin was a perennial top 3 a few years ago, but he is damaged goods now. Sell high while you can.
    Last edited by blayze; October 10, 2011 at 4:15 PM.

Dobber Sports Pro

I like Malkin and am gunna give him the benefit of the doubt so id say hold on to him but if you can get Giroux and Yandle then it would definatley make me think about it,Malkin was traded in my pool last year and all he got was Bobby Ryan and a 1st round pick(which turned into Pavelski)

Quote Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
    Another season listening to Calimero whining about Malkin again.

Trade him away already bud....
    I would love to, believe me! The only reason I still have him is because nobody in my keeper league is crazy enough to offer me something like Giroux and Yandle for him. I would take that offer in a heartbeat.
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Dobber Sports Prodigy

"As for C Evgeni Malkin, who did not play Sunday at Edmonton because of lower body soreness: I continue to hear that the soreness is not serious, and there are no indications that the soreness is located in his right knee that was surgically repaired last season and afterward painstakingly rehabilitated. I’m told Malkin likely will take the skate tomorrow with the intention of playing, but that if the soreness remains those plans could change."

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    Im not buying that. You play it safe in the preseason. If you're missing the 3rd game of the season, it's an issue.
    My thoughts exactly!
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers