Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Malkin?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    yeah seriously, how come you can never get a mod to lock a thread for anything valid?
    Are you guys being serious? The section is injury DISCUSSION and UPDATES.

We're having a discussion about Malkins injuries. Is this really bad form? If so I actually do have to plead ignorance because I didnt think it was.

Also it kinda sucks if thats true. This isnt rotowire or a service that is claiming to provide specific injury updates. Its an open fantasy hockey forum. Seemed like a safe place to discuss how his injury is affecting your team. Yea its kind of off topic but so are a lot of things on here. Often times it just feels like a bunch of guyds BSing about their fantasy teams at a pub or a game. Thats what I love about dobber boards.

Again it sounds like Im wrong so I do apopogize- not tongue in cheek- but I just think thats pretty shitty...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I thought that's what this thread was about? Tracking his injury, his recovery, his progress and his gameplay (how well he skated? did he miss any shifts?) as it regards to your fantasy team? This has been going on forever with big name players. I'm sure that if this was a thread for Sid, nobody would be complaining. I actually remember when Sid got hurt last year, there were so many different threads in so many different places related to his injury (here too) that just resulted in 8 pages of spitballing Crosby ideas. At least this is only 1 thread.

Dobber Sports Expert

yea I think this was over sensitized. The original post that started this conflict was of just the pang we all feel when we see a new post and fear the worst. I think it was in jest more than an actual complaint.

This thread will continue to exist while there is a consistent injury threat to Malkin.

let's hope for some powerskating and a multi-point night again.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Haha, I have to admit that I too fear the worst every time I see a new entry in this thread....I guess that's the price we pay for drafting the guy! That said, I knew what to expect as a previous Malkin owner and my only real concern is that he is healthy for the last portion of the season/playoffs. If he is healthy and productive for the fantasy playoff run, that is where his true value lies. If the success of my team relied on Malkin being healthy and productive for the entire season, I would be a little more concerned than I am.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Banned

This sub-forum is Injury Discussion and Updates, he's not injured and there have been no injury related updates posted to this thread in days, that's the issue. If you wanna talk about how awesome he is and how well he's playing then create a new thread in the appropriate forum and go nuts, that's all we're saying. I check this sub-forum daily to see news on guys who I might need to sit due to injury, and I suspect that many do the same. I don't think its asking too much to keep the chatter in this section focused on what its for

Dobber Sports Master

I think those posts were in jest... Anyways, Malkin is awesome and my favorite fantasy player until he gets hurt, then I wouldn't give him water if his head was on fire.

The Great One

This sub-forum is Injury Discussion and Updates, he's not injured and there have been no injury related updates posted to this thread in days, that's the issue. If you wanna talk about how awesome he is and how well he's playing then create a new thread in the appropriate forum and go nuts, that's all we're saying. I check this sub-forum daily to see news on guys who I might need to sit due to injury, and I suspect that many do the same. I don't think its asking too much to keep the chatter in this section focused on what its for
    Meh- Im not worried about it. I think hes awesome

Nice to see a string of healthy games...

Dobber Sports Expert

owned......
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I agree with McGoo.

Everytime I see this thread updated, I salivate at the thought of poking fun at NYR9394 and the various other emotional Malkin owners on this forum, only to have that cruelly taken away from me when I find out it's Malkin owners rejoicing about his recent performance.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I agree with McGoo.

Everytime I see this thread updated, I salivate at the thought of poking fun at NYR9394 and the various other emotional Malkin owners on this forum, only to have that cruelly taken away from me when I find out it's Malkin owners rejoicing about his recent performance.
    LOL!! Malkin's a beast!! Don't worry Blayze, we'll get knocked down again soon and this thread will be for the reason it was intended. Maybe even tonight, who knows.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

The Great One

This just in from Rotowire.com:

"Malkins status remains healthy. Also he is awesome. That is all"