Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire away - October 4, 2011

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Giff9 View Post
    Who would you take, G, A, SOG, PIM, +/-, PPP, Hits

Clarkson, Rinaldo, Armstrong.

Thanks!
    I would roll the dice with Rinaldo - my feeling is he is Top 5 in PIM this year.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Doughty

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Taking as many fantasy hockey questions as I can, throughout the day as I update the fantasy guide. Fire away!
    Is he in better shape than last october ?

Dobber Sports Newbie

just made a trade the other day in my keeper league (pts only can only keep 12 guys each year with 4 round draft each year) i got eriksson and shattenkirk gave up flieschmann and krejci I needed another dman while i had a ton of offensive depth. Good Trade?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Best point producer, no timeframe:

Justin schultz
    Slava Voynov
    Joe Morrow

Thx

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Noj Sivart View Post
    14 team, keep 3, daily roto

CC,LL,RR,DDDD,U(G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP)
    GG(W,GAA,SV%,SHO)

I pick 3rd this year. I kept Price, Hall, and Backstrom (WAS). I'm going goalie, just looking for some thoughts of who I should go with.

Halak, Thomas, Broduer, Ward, Kiprisoff, Mason, Hiller, Niemi, Howard

Assuming 2 goalies get picked ahead of me, whats your top 3?

Thanks,
    NS
    Ward
    Thomas
    Kipper

This is because Ward is the safest pick - nobody behind him to steal starts, and he's rising not declining. I like Halak the best, but he was hurt several times last year and we saw how that derailed his numbers. Brodeur is breaking down.

Lucky for you, I doubt Ward will be picked before it comes to you, so you'll get your guy. And Ward/Price is a nice, safe tandem.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Questions

Some quick ones if you have the time, thanks.

How safe do you think Steve Ott's spot in the top six is?

Same question for David Clarkson.

Will Okposo eventually find himself on JT's line despite the chemistry reported by the Islanders second line?

Brooks Laich is being used as the 3rd line C lately. Should I just expect his points to decline and hits to increase, etc.

Thanks for any questions you can get too.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Surlysailor82 View Post
    I have JVR and someone offered me Logan Couture. Should I make the trade?
    Currently my C position is Stamkos, E. Staal, & Grabovski while my LW position is Parise & Louie Eriksson
    No, I would rather own JVR in a keeper...and it's too close to call in a one year.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I'm in a keeper league and already have Daniel Sedin. I also have the first overall pick. Since most players are out of the pool should I take Stamkos or Henrik Sedin. I'm leaning towards Stamkos but the idea of both twins sounds like it could work too.

The league I am in does not differentiate between rw/lw.

My other keepers are Bryzgalov, Yandle, and Backes.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

With Atkinson making the Jackets and pushing Brassard down (and it looks like out of the PP as well), do you think it'll last? Are you downgrading Brassard in your next update? In a 1-year, would you take Tuomo Ruutu or Antropov over him (G, A, PPP, +/-)?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Keeper league with G / A / PPPs / SOG / BlkShots / +/-, please rank the following players this year and in 3 years:

Bogosian
    Larsson
    Rundblad
    Elliott
    Kulikov
    Blum

Thanks Dobber!
    You'll have to adjust for BS because I don't know them as well off the top of my head:

This year:

Blum
    Larsson
    Rundblad
    Elliott
    Kulikov
    Bogosian

3 years

Rundblad
    Elliott
    Blum
    Bogosian
    Larsson
    Kulikov

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by pbure66 View Post
    Dobs I'm doing some serious mulling over whether or not to pick up Petr Sykora? Looks like he's going to stick with the big boys as they don't have that many other options with Zajac out til xmas. Do I drop Milan Michalek, Lombardi or Linus Omark? (Keeper pool, standard Yahoo stat categories)

Thanks
    Fight that temptation. He was a 50-point guy with Crosby. Two years later what does tha tmake him in NJ?

Dobber Sports Stud

Jeff Petry, Anton Lander...

Thoughts on these guys now, and in the future?
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoobaz View Post
    Dobber I just traded tarasenko and 1st round in 2012 prospect draft (likely 9th) for C Stewart and 2nd in the 2012 prospect draft (15th - 18th) in a keeper.

At thier full potential - how will Tarasenko and Stewart compare? Many thanks.
    You did fantastic. I wish the guy in my pool would trade me Stewart for that

Eliminate the KHL risk and the deal becomes a little closer, but it's still getting a proven star for an unproven one.

However, at their best, Tarasenko would be 15% better in terms of offensive upside.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by morejean View Post
    Is he in better shape than last october ?
    Doughty

I don't know. I would imagine so, given that his body has matured a little more. Don't have insight beyond that

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by brems_12 View Post
    just made a trade the other day in my keeper league (pts only can only keep 12 guys each year with 4 round draft each year) i got eriksson and shattenkirk gave up flieschmann and krejci I needed another dman while i had a ton of offensive depth. Good Trade?
    Awesome trade, fantastic