Thread: opinion on trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default opinion on trade

pulled off a major deal after the season ended and wanted some opinions...standard 12 team yahoo default scorin dynasty league

i traded

v lecavalier
    s sullivan

for

j cheechoo
    p datsyuk

obviously i hated losin vinny, but i had just bout had it w/ sullivan and had shoped him all over the league and would have taken just bout anythin back for him but had no takers- my thinkin w/ vinny is...that im kinda makin a bet w/ myself- the bet is that he hasnt exploded into the superstar that he was this year and that he is really a 85-95 pt player and not 110 pt player and if thats the case then datsyuk should be able to come close to 80 pts...albiet w/ a lot less goals- and i think the cheechoo/sullivan side of teh trade more then makes up for what i lose b/w vinny and datsyuk- also, my team is pretty loaded w/ young guys w/ tremendous upside in my opinion (despite the fact i got bounced in the playoffs this year)

opinions appreciated
    12 team yahoo h2h (standard scorin) dynasty

c- j toews/j carter/n backstrom/j tavaras
    lw- a ovechkin/d sedin/t vanek
    rw- j pominville/j voracek/a hemsky/p kessel
    d-s weber/ a goligoski
    g- r miller/s mason/s varlamov/m nuevirth

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re:opinion on trade

I really like S.Sullivan but yes he is always injured. If he could just stay healthy for one season he would get 90-100 points. But I don\'t think we will ever see that. It sucks to lose Vinny but I think you made out ok. But when people say you should always get the best player in the deal, you did not. Vinny is a few notches better then datsyuk. He gets PP goals and Shorties aswell. Datsyuk is more of the set-up man in DET. Cheech on the other hand is a scoring machine too. I am going to say you did better on this deal. I don\'t like Datsyuk for Vinny but to get Cheechoo aswell, now that is good.

I am going to say good trade \'myothersock\'. And good luck in your draft. Make some more deals. Keep gettin that team better.. Z..

Post edited by: Zorro, at: 2007/06/09 22:07
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..