Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge MT's theory?

Dobber Sports Genius

That won't be happening, but I genuinely promise whoever plays in the league will absolutely not be made fun of in any capacity by myself or ostracized etc. etc. for playing, nor do I gloat regardless of how successful I am in the league as I am not like that. They want to play with me and have me use my system against them to see it in practice and they all think they have better grasp than me on player values and what facilitates what end results etc... so now they can see for themselves first hand. The only people I lose respect for is the ones that talk shit to me on here 24/7 and now have their chance to do something about it and back down, anyone that plays at least gets credit for being man enough to play. It's like the guy that gets into a fist fight sticking up for his girlfriend but gets his ass beat in the process. Alright well he got his ass beat but at least he stood up for someone and fights which is more than I can say for 80% of people.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'll join. Haven't said anything yet but I laugh each time I visit that thread. Are we suppose to let him grab all the elite tandems and leave us with only 50-60 point players? At least our players will cancel his out, right?
    Last edited by VintageVibe; September 30, 2011 at 12:54 PM.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    That won't be happening, but I genuinely promise whoever plays in the league will absolutely not be made fun of in any capacity by myself or ostracized etc. etc. for playing, nor do I gloat regardless of how successful I am in the league as I am not like that. They want to play with me and have me use my system against them to see it in practice and they all think they have better grasp than me on player values and what facilitates what end results etc... so now they can see for themselves first hand. The only people I lose respect for is the ones that talk shit to me on here 24/7 and now have their chance to do something about it and back down, anyone that plays at least gets credit for being man enough to play. It's like the guy that gets into a fist fight sticking up for his girlfriend but gets his ass beat in the process. Alright well he got his ass beat but at least he stood up for someone and fights which is more than I can say for 80% of people.
    man enough to play? fantasy hockey and fighting for your girlfriend? woah.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Genius

Go to dictionary.com and look up the term "analogy"...might connect the missing link for you.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I might be more interested in doing this hockey pool if the stipulation is if you don't get top 2 then you have to post a picture of yourself hugging another man in a speedo.
    I like this idea.

And also...

I've got the following so far:

DobberHockey vs. Team Names

b0ndon = Bayview Bengals
    gotlaid = Maaaasquito Bites
    MT319 = Mighty Mullets
    VintageVibe = VintageVibe

I'm having trouble figuring out who the rest are. And we could use a few more GMs!
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Ace

Go to dictionary.com and look up the term "analogy"...might connect the missing link for you.
    I'm familiar with what an analogy is, thanks MT. It's your practicular analogy that made do a double take.
    Steen

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts

Dobber Sports Genius

Monday I return back to focusing on reality and stop messing around in pseudo-fictional internet land so just bear with it until then.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'll sign up later today - whatever, I can just set up a queue if I can't make it, and that'll be a good excuse if I lose

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    I'll sign up later today - whatever, I can just set up a queue if I can't make it, and that'll be a good excuse if I lose
    Glad to hear it Dyz.

And MT... this one's for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpE_S...eature=related

or this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbpcc...eature=related

Both fit the scenario...
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah I decided to do this league because my one-year league with my friends isn't looking like its gonna happen. Plus I like the company in the league and I figured this is a good opportunity to learn and see MT's strategy first-hand.

Probably gonna change my team name at some point lol...I just threw that in as a placeholder for now (old high school mascot lol)
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Ace

The only thing I find more interesting than your deadlines for leaving DobberHockey are your posts, commentary, arguments, counter-arguments, defensivness, anaglogies, and systems. You're a buttload of entertainment, so please, carry on.
    Steen

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts

Dobber Sports Genius

Next thing your gonna do is tell me Facebook and actual reality are one in the same. You're an animal bro (might not be a "Lion" j/k, but you are simply a species of mammal this what you are) you were meant to live in reality and that's what's gonna make or break your quality of life in the end and be the most fulfilling/enriching for you on an individual level as well as where you're ultimately gonna have to exist when you wake up in the morning, not pseudo-fictional internet land, so might as well invest as much time as possible focusing on the shit that actually matters instead of the stuff that doesn't. I know this is hard for people to grasp though, especially given the setting.

Dobber Sports Ace

Next thing your gonna do is tell me Facebook and actual reality are one in the same. You're an animal bro (might not be a "Lion" j/k, but you are simply a species of mammal this what you are) you were meant to live in reality and that's what's gonna make or break your quality of life in the end and be the most fulfilling/enriching for you on an individual level as well as where you're ultimately gonna have to exist when you wake up in the morning, not pseudo-fictional internet land, so might as well invest as much time as possible focusing on the shit that actually matters instead of the stuff that doesn't. I know this is hard for people to grasp though, especially given the setting.
    I'm not entirely sure what this mini-lecture is in reference too; but i'm very aware of the difference between reality and the internet. however, the lines are certainly being blurred as we watch the evolution of the internet, specifically social media. That's another conversation altogether.
    The only point i was trying to make is that in the context of Dobber Hockey, you're probably the most entertaining poster around.
    Steen

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts

Dobber Sports Legend

This forum is so much better when MT participates - and I mean that genuinely.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    This forum is so much better when MT participates - and I mean that genuinely.
    I agree, 100%.
    I don't always agree with what MT says, but i always enjoy reading and participating in any thread that centers around MT.
    Steen

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts